Page 11 of 237 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Anybody have extra b&n codes?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Anybody have extra b&n codes?
    BFRIDAY14
    It gets you 30% off your most expensive book
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    When did they start selling it? That was awfully quick!
    25th Nov I believe.

Incredible Member

Thanks!
    Ordered second copies of
    Daredevil Waid ohc volume 3 and Invisibles deluxe volume 2, as well as Thor by Aaron and Ribic ohc. Under $50

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    After a bit of testing I found out that if you have 3 $60 books for the B&N sale, and you apply the 30% coupon it still sees the cheapest $60 copy as the one for free even though the one where the 30% off is applied is technically cheaper.
    This is what I was talking about. It totally messes up my math and pairings. I spent last night worrying about, but this morning I woke up and just said "f--- it, I'll just buy whatever interests me".

Second copies? tss

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    Second copies? tss
    Shame on me, yes, but these ohc's are beautiful and I can gift them or replace books that fall apart.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    The 30% coupon is BFRIDAY14. It will be valid starting Thursday.
    Just bought Gotham City Sirens Book One, Infinity Gauntlet and Captain America by Ed Brubaker vol. 4. Thanks for letting everyone know about the B&N 30% coupon! And don't worry, I'll still go to my LCS tomorrow morning
    Last edited by FiveGhosts; 11-27-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Just ordered the Batman N52 HCs v1-5 + DC Classics Batman A Death in the Family HC with the BF code and B2G1 sale for $85 shipped. Not bad!

Thought I'd share this little nugget (apologies if its already been posted).

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/gift-card/379003883

Basically go to any Barnes and Noble store and purchase $75 worth of gift cards and you will receive a free $10 gift card to be used after December 26. I did this offer last year during the Criterion sale, bought a gift card of $75 and received a free $10 gift card, went back the next day and purchased what I wanted (I don't think you can purchase the same day you buy the gift card). I did this a few times and got $30 bucks worth of gift cards to be used after the 26th. Since the deal goes BN buy 2 get 1 free sale goes until January 8, people already spending money during the sale may be able to get some extra gift cards to spend for other purchases. I know this process is a little tedious and not sure if it applies online or to overseas members, but figured I'd share.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Glad I pre-ordered Hickman FF v2 last night, that was a good decision.

Just used the amazon code to knock $10 off shipping on a few books. I noticed that the Geoff Johns Green Lantern Omnibus v2 was ~$64 so ordered that too.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post

Basically go to any Barnes and Noble store and purchase $75 worth of gift cards and you will receive a free $10 gift card to be used after December 26. I did this offer last year during the Criterion sale, bought a gift card of $75 and received a free $10 gift card, went back the next day and purchased what I wanted (I don't think you can purchase the same day you buy the gift card). I did this a few times and got $30 bucks worth of gift cards to be used after the 26th. Since the deal goes BN buy 2 get 1 free sale goes until January 8, people already spending money during the sale may be able to get some extra gift cards to spend for other purchases. I know this process is a little tedious and not sure if it applies online or to overseas members, but figured I'd share.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Good advice. You can also send the gift card to yourself online. Which is what I did both this and last year.

Regarding pairing books I always end up purchasing 3 books within $5-6 of each other so that the discount for each one is roughly the same. Its weird that it almost always comes out to roughly 60% off per book.
    Last edited by alb2009; 11-27-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post

Happy Thanksgiving!
    I bought 3 different 75 dollar gift cards in one go, should I be getting 3 10 dollar gift cards then?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    Just bought Gotham City Sirens Book One, Infinity Gauntlet and Captain America by Ed Brubaker vol. 4. Thanks for letting everyone know about the B&N 30% coupon! And don't worry, I'll still go to my LCS tomorrow morning
    I thought the B2G1 wasn't valid on pre-orders?

Or is it not valid if the books are all pre-orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I bought 3 different 75 dollar gift cards in one go, should I be getting 3 10 dollar gift cards then?
    I believe so, I've only purchased the gift cards in store so I'm not 100% sure.