Page 120 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3549
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Is there a knack to finding bargains on this? I only ever see used paperbacks for around a tenner.
    I had one of the items in my basket and noticed it dropped in price substantially, so went to the warehouse store page to check for other bargains. Search on the warehouse page for "Marvel Comics" and sort by price to see the cheapest stuff.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I set up an account on abebooks.com also and tried it. Didn't work unfortunately

No worries, I'll wait till the next one and then try.
    that's because it's finally expired
    there's the new one taking $5 off $80+ order though: RETAILMENOTA73NJ2 (valid till the end of the month)

Fantastic Member

i also have two coupon codes for TFAW:
    SHIVER: $5 off $60+ order
    LOEBSALE: $5 off $50+ order
    and for those of you who don't frequent TFAW main page: this October is Horror Month there and if you're a fan of the genre you might find something for you at discounted prices. i'm not one so i can't tell for sure.

also on B&N, 10$ off $75+ order - BNREAD19, expires on 21 October
    Last edited by zaboraviti; 10-19-2015 at 08:09 AM. Reason: added a deal

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i also have two coupon codes for TFAW:
    SHIVER: $5 off $60+ order
    LOEBSALE: $5 off $50+ order
    and for those of you who don't frequent TFAW main page: this October is Horror Month there and if you're a fan of the genre you might find something for you at discounted prices. i'm not one so i can't tell for sure.

aand finally, while we're at coupon codes, there's a $5 off $75+ order coupon code expiring today on B&N: BNOCTOBER1. also on B&N, you can save $5 on two select hardcovers (the promotion runs through 19 October)
    BAHHH!!!! Where was this on Monday when I used a 20% off code on the Bone One Volume color slipcase edition would have brought it to <$80.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Marvel buy one get one on comixology!!!

Newbury Comics is having a 50% sale of all new Marvel floppies in-store.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Cheap-comics.com has had a site update with new sale items
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

All-New Member

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Super-H...dda1b02f08ed9c

The Secret Wars box set went from 500 dollars down to 164!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

It's hilarious Amazon keep cutting that US price while the UK price remains at $500 equivalent.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

based on isbn and detailed item information this is a brand new copy of the Titan edition of the Absolute New Frontier for £26.99.
    I'm really tempted but I want to buy other books as well and I don't have a problem with my deluxe so please somebody buy it quickly!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2818309145...230&rmvSB=true

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Are you a strict budgeteer on this hobby of ours?
    Do you play it more "loose", but stay inside or dance along some financial boundaries?

I would be the latter. That is to say, I have been the latter and now being recently married I'm being nudged to become the former.

My wife and I just completed a "Holiday Budget" and will do our first full "Yearly Budget" come first of 2016.

As a matter of curiosity I have compiled my HC/OMNI totals from IST & Amazon for the past year. Using 10/22/14 thru 10/21/15(I actually ordered every week from IST for a year) as my range.

I'm sure some spend more, some spend less, in the same time frame. I was still a bit surprised at my final amount: $5,747.39

I felt since this was the Good Deals thread and partially to blame, , for my buying I'd post this here.
    How does your buying look OR like me, old me, you really don't want to know?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Do you play it more "loose", but stay inside or dance along some financial boundaries?

I would be the latter. That is to say, I have been the latter and now being recently married I'm being nudged to become the former.

My wife and I just completed a "Holiday Budget" and will do our first full "Yearly Budget" come first of 2016.

As a matter of curiosity I have compiled my HC/OMNI totals from IST & Amazon for the past year. Using 10/22/14 thru 10/21/15(I actually ordered every week from IST for a year) as my range.

I'm sure some spend more, some spend less, in the same time frame. I was still a bit surprised at my final amount: $5,747.39

I felt since this was the Good Deals thread and partially to blame, , for my buying I'd post this here.
    How does your buying look OR like me, old me, you really don't want to know?!
    I'm the kind of person who can't really save up money, it's burning my pocket. I want sooooo much books, probably there are hundreds I don't even know about yet, there is always something I suddenly desperately "need".
    Probably because right now I don't have much else to do, although when I was in a stable relationship and almost constantly worked on some creative stuff I still wanted to buy everything, so who knows what's the reason. Growing up I wasn't exactly a rich kid (but not poor, just not too wealthy) so it's still a wonderful feeling that I can afford so much stuff.

So my budget is basically as much as I can spend but I'm always going for good deals, considering if I can buy something later for less or not (for example IDW books usually keep their prices so I'm buying the ones I want on release day). But if there is nothing urgent that can't wait I try to save the money and spend it near payday (or earlier if a good deal suddenly pops up). Also, I like to have a constant stream of deliveries coming and not to spend a lot of money at once.
    Considering I work at McDonalds as a regular employee I spend way too much on comics

I'm also a bit afraid of a new relationship because people always want to go on holidays (your example perfectly illustrates that) but I much prefer books and rainy, cloudy Scotland (well, I would go to Brighton maybe or Sky island maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm somewhat loose on this issue. My wife and I both have things we like to spend our money on (with her it's more books and clothes, with me comics). As long as there is effort to keep in control over spending, it's fine.

When it comes to new monthly comics, I try to stay under 16 issues per month (most X-Men and Inhumans books, Thor, some Guardians of the Galaxy, and handful of others). That number goes up and down a bit, but if it goes too high, I cut back. One month of 18 comics is fine (if things double-ship), but two or three in a row is bad. So when a new title comes out that I want, I may drop something older. I'll try to phase books out by tracking what is contained in TPBs (so if I ever end up with more money and want to dive in, I have a good reference point).

I also preorder, which my LCS offers a discount for. That discount has decreased lately due to the weaker Canadian dollar, but it's better than nothing (and spread over 16 issues adds up to a nice little sum).

There's also a monthly comic trade show near where I live that I like to go to, but force myself to go only once a quarter, so as to not spend too much. And for any con or trade show I'll bring cash with me so I'm not tempted to overspend. This usually works.

My Achilles heel is Comixology. I used to just throw my money at them, but now I'm more reserved. There's only 1-2 things I buy new (though I'll stop that soon) and will otherwise wait for things to drop in price or wait for 99 cent sales (or Marvel's periodic Buy One Get One sale).

Fantastic Member

10% off at abebooks.com - E76UQ8. expires on 29 October.

an affordable copy of the Astonishing X-men omni:
    http://www.alibris.co.uk/booksearch....bUVcY.bVoUSH_Q

use code for AUTUMN for 3 pounds off, HALLOWEEN code for $5 off for US folks (also change the co.uk to .com in the link).
    Again, just like yesterday, please somebody buy this ASAP! I've already spent too much money