Page 123 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3549
    Incredible Member

I was in Stoke-on-trent at the weekend and the Forbidden Planet there had a copy of Annihilation Omnibus and Criminal Deluxe Vol 2 for cover. Their both OoP with Amazon prices in the region of 2-3x cover.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I was in Stoke-on-trent at the weekend and the Forbidden Planet there had a copy of Annihilation Omnibus and Criminal Deluxe Vol 2 for cover. Their both OoP with Amazon prices in the region of 2-3x cover.
    Can they do that? Is it legal to sell things for more than their RRP?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Can they do that? Is it legal to sell things for more than their RRP?
    ...y...yes.
    Its "recommended" retail price. They can charge whatever they want. Supply and demand.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    ...y...yes.
    Its "recommended" retail price. They can charge whatever they want. Supply and demand.
    Of course.

...jerks.

You wanna talk jerks, Forbidden Planet put a sticker over the original bar code and charge the American cover price in pounds. So where a $100 book should RRP for around £75 over here they'd put a sticker for £100 on it. They do it on most things unless they have deals on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    You wanna talk jerks, Forbidden Planet put a sticker over the original bar code and charge the American cover price in pounds. So where a $100 book should RRP for around £75 over here they'd put a sticker for £100 on it. They do it on most things unless they have deals on them.

whaat...plus you get a boook with a sticker on it..

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    But it's always been like that, not only with comics, let's say consoles: 399$ in US and 399£ in UK. Because logic, and we are so rich here.

every shop doest that, probably that's how the whole thing worth it for them (remember, they have to stay in business and a physical shop has it's own costs, also they have to pay import fees, probably not on books but on the merch stuff).
    Yes it is crappy and expensive, I'm just stating facts.
    Also, the sticker using should be forbidden (no pun intended)! You pay over cover for a book that wouldn't qualify as "new" condition because of that damn sticker.

In other news, rakuten has a 15% off code until Friday SUPER1, Also 25X superpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    AFAIK speedyhen is its own thing, bookdepository belongs to amazon. How is Reed worth it? I usually see their stuff on ebay and they are more expensive than speedyhen or wordery in 98% of the cases (I only check trades, no floppies for me).
    They charge 50% of the USD price in pounds for their books, which makes their trades really good value, the hardcovers can be cheaper at other places but they always seems to have stock when other places sell out. Also the customer service is really good.

Passing on what someone posted on the MMW boards: IST is having an Artist's Edition and oversized strip collections sale. Books like the Dave Gibbons Watchmen Artifact Edition of the Marvel Covers AE are up to 50% off, which means some of them cost less than $50.

http://www.instocktrades.com/special...t+Edition+Sale

Sadly, because of the shipping cost this sale is much less interesting to Europeans (they ask $50 for shipping one of these, so you end up at about €100 after all).

I so wish they would have reasonable shipping costs like other American companies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Passing on what someone posted on the MMW boards: IST is having an Artist's Edition and oversized strip collections sale. Books like the Dave Gibbons Watchmen Artifact Edition of the Marvel Covers AE are up to 50% off, which means some of them cost less than $50.

http://www.instocktrades.com/special...t+Edition+Sale

Sadly, because of the shipping cost this sale is much less interesting to Europeans (they ask $50 for shipping one of these, so you end up at about €100 after all).
    damn you, lord julius! i just sent a packet of money to ist in return for massively oversized comics (and also a lot of normal-sized ones).
    my first ist order.

i really hopes it will turn out to be a disaster, because... i just shouldn't add ANOTHER comics provider to my list.
    so expensive.

but so many nice comics coming my way.

dilemma! argh.

but thanks anyway

Fantastic Member

btw, this is the oversized stuff i just couldn't resist...

LITTLE NEMO IN SLUMBERLAND SO MANY SPLENDID SUNDAYS NEW PTG 1 @ $62.50 $62.50
    MARVEL COVERS ARTIST ED HC (NET) 1 @ $49.99 $49.99
    JOHN BUSCEMA SILVER SURFER ARTIST ED HC (NET)

Anything to ruin a fellow board member

How much was the combined shipping on these, of you don't mind my asking? It seems that the shipping is somewhat less if you buy these books 'in bulk'.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Anything to ruin a fellow board member

How much was the combined shipping on these, of you don't mind my asking? It seems that the shipping is somewhat less if you buy these books 'in bulk'.
    IF i would have stopped with those three, it would have been around 80 dollars.

but i didn't...

Subtotal: $468.63
    Shipping: $138.20
    Tax: $0.00
    Order total: $606.83

for 32 books in total. shipping is to germany.