Page 126 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3549

Does anyone remember when CGN did their big Black Friday sale last year? IIRC it was the week before Thanksgiving, not necessarily ON Black Friday. Can anyone confirm that? I want to know when I should really start keeping a look out! :-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

On a similar note, is TFAW doing another progressive sale this fall? Or did I miss it?

I remember last year they did their progressive sale around Halloween instead of Thanksgiving, when in years past its been associated with Thanksgiving/Black Friday. So I totally ignored it thinking they would run something better for Black Friday and they didn't. This year I haven't seen any emails about any kind of progressive sale.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    On a similar note, is TFAW doing another progressive sale this fall? Or did I miss it?

I remember last year they did their progressive sale around Halloween instead of Thanksgiving, when in years past its been associated with Thanksgiving/Black Friday. So I totally ignored it thinking they would run something better for Black Friday and they didn't. This year I haven't seen any emails about any kind of progressive sale.
    can't remember if they already did one or not but the year before they did a Black friday one ,that's when I got my New Warriors omni from them. So maybe one year it's halloween the next it's BF.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    can't remember if they already did one or not but the year before they did a Black friday one ,that's when I got my New Warriors omni from them. So maybe one year it's halloween the next it's BF.
    I just searched my emails and it looks like they did it in July this year. Weird.

Any UK black friday deals about?

Also when is Black Friday?

Spectacular Member

Not sure if anybody has posted this or not, but Books A Million has some good stuff in their clearance section right now. I picked up Spider-Man: Saga of the Alien Costume Vol. 2. for $12, AXIS hardcover (I know, I know, it wasn't great....but for the price I figured it was okay) for $12, and Spider-Man: 24/7 for $6. I would have picked up Spider-Man Big Time Vol. 3 for $9 as well, but I already own that one. Scarlet-Spider (Spider-Kaine) hardcovers are also on clearance there too (good read for those who haven't read it), among other reads. Anyways, lots of good Spider-Man goodness for the cheap! Take advantage of it while it lasts.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Does anyone remember when CGN did their big Black Friday sale last year? IIRC it was the week before Thanksgiving, not necessarily ON Black Friday. Can anyone confirm that? I want to know when I should really start keeping a look out! :-)
    Yes it was all of thanksgiving week. I hope they don't do the whole add new books everyday crap like the last sale, I passed up quite a few books since I didn't want to spend $7.99 on shipping one or two books every day.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmreyn View Post
    Not sure if anybody has posted this or not, but Books A Million has some good stuff in their clearance section right now. I picked up Spider-Man: Saga of the Alien Costume Vol. 2. for $12, AXIS hardcover (I know, I know, it wasn't great....but for the price I figured it was okay) for $12, and Spider-Man: 24/7 for $6. I would have picked up Spider-Man Big Time Vol. 3 for $9 as well, but I already own that one. Scarlet-Spider (Spider-Kaine) hardcovers are also on clearance there too (good read for those who haven't read it), among other reads. Anyways, lots of good Spider-Man goodness for the cheap! Take advantage of it while it lasts.
    is the sale over or am i looking in the wrong place? under graphic novels deals none of the books you listed are there

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    is the sale over or am i looking in the wrong place? under graphic novels deals none of the books you listed are there
    This was in-store. I've noticed many times that the online clearance section is behind or not updated to what the stores actually have out on their clearance racks.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Passing on what someone posted on the MMW boards: IST is having an Artist's Edition and oversized strip collections sale. Books like the Dave Gibbons Watchmen Artifact Edition of the Marvel Covers AE are up to 50% off, which means some of them cost less than $50.

http://www.instocktrades.com/special...t+Edition+Sale

Sadly, because of the shipping cost this sale is much less interesting to Europeans (they ask $50 for shipping one of these, so you end up at about €100 after all).
    I ordered the Wednesday Comics hardcover, and the Little Nemo Many Splendid Sundays collection, at fifty percent off. It came in the mail today.

Thanks for the recommendation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member

Does TFAW have a history of Black Friday deals? Thanks in advance.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Does TFAW have a history of Black Friday deals? Thanks in advance.
    For at least a few years they ran what was called a "progressive sale." For a month or so before Black Friday, they would have a huge selection of books (mostly nick & dent, clearance and older slow selling titles) for say, 30% off. Then the next week it would be 40% off. Then the week after that, 50% off. Then finally on Black Friday everything would be 60% off. So you had to gamble if you really wanted a book, because if it sold out at a lesser discount, then obviously you couldn't buy it at the higher discount. And those percentages aren't exact, they're just examples.

In 2014, they did the sale leading up to Halloween for some reason. I forget what they offered on Black Friday exactly, but it wasn't the progressive sale pricing.

Prior to that, it was the build up to Black Friday. But their website could barely handle all the Black Friday traffic for a few years in a row. Their servers were crushed. So maybe that's why they moved it to Halloween last year.

This year, they ran their progressive sale in July apparently. And with only a couple of weeks until Black Friday, they're obviously not running it again.

Will TFAW have some kind of Black Friday sale? Almost certainly. I'm sure they'll offer some kind of discount additional discount, especially on their nick and dent books and clearance-type books. But will it be as good as the progressive sale final discount? Who knows. I would guess probably not.

Anyone from australia know of good deals on tpbs?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dmreyn View Post
    Axis is never okay. Not even for free.
    Cyclops was right

Just seen on facebook that TFAW is indeed doing a Black Friday sale:
    Synchronize your watches! The savings are coming back to TFAW.com with our annual Black Friday Sale. Start your geeky holiday shopping early with a Biff Bang Pow! You won’t believe the awesome deals we have for you this year.

We are kicking off our popular progressive sale on November 20th with 50% savings on thousands of comics, graphic novels, statues, toys, and other collectibles. On November 24th, the discount will increase to 60% on remaining sale items. The savings will culminate on Black Friday, November 27th, with 70% off and two waves of doorbusters--one at midnight and one at noon. Cyber Monday, November 30th, we’ll hit you with three more waves of awesome deals to end the sale!

Plus, during our Black Friday Sale, you will get free domestic shipping on all in-stock orders containing $45 or more of comics and graphic novels!

While the savings will increase as the sale continues, don’t wait to place your order--stock is limited, and someone else will steal these deals out from under you if you don’t act fast.

Be sure to shop our incredible Black Friday Sale at TFAW.com, starting on Friday, November 20th and continuing through Cyber Monday, November 30th. Unless you have a DeLorean, you won’t have a second chance to get these deals!