Page 15 of 237 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    How long are the B&N b2g1 free and 30% Black Friday codes good for? I'm looking to get JSA omnibus 2, Trial of Cap, and Inferno Prologue, but the latter two aren't available for ordering yet. Not sure if it'd be cheaper to go that route, or just get 52% off each at IST.
    Black Friday deal ends on December first and 2am.

B2G1 ends on January 8th.

So I bought the B&N gifts cards to get a $10 free one and I got them through e-mail this morning.
    Opened a couple new accounts to get the BFriday coupon to qualify and when I tried to enter the pin and gift card number, B&N says they don't match. What gives?

EDIT: Nevermind! Got it working. Don't know why it didn't go through before.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 11-28-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Thanks to the poster who provided the black Friday coupon code from B&N I was able to get:
    Animal Man omnibus
    The Planetary Omnibus
    Absolute Watchmen.

Everything including tax came to 113.16. Saved some money to spend on other parts of my growing collection

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    So I bought the B&N gifts cards to get a $10 free one and I got them through e-mail this morning.
    Opened a couple new accounts to get the BFriday coupon to qualify and when I tried to enter the pin and gift card number, B&N says they don't match. What gives?

EDIT: Nevermind! Got it working. Don't know why it didn't go through before.
    Did you get the $10 to work? The website says they are not redeemable till Dec 26.

Ok so went back through my browser and it was a yahoo article that had the 26th thing but my question still stands.
    Last edited by Brewman; 11-28-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Well, B&N just screwed me over...

Took advantage of their B2G1F offer. Got Uncanny X-Men Omni, Xmen By Claremont/Lee Omni and Absolute DC New Frontier.
    They sent me an email (at midnight...) to tell me New Frontier was out of stock and cancelled from my order.
    Then another email two minutes later, to say my other items were expected to ship soon and cannot be cancelled.

No free book for me

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post

Took advantage of their B2G1F offer. Got Uncanny X-Men Omni, Xmen By Claremont/Lee Omni and Absolute DC New Frontier.
    They sent me an email (at midnight...) to tell me New Frontier was out of stock and cancelled from my order.
    Then another email two minutes later, to say my other items were expected to ship soon and cannot be cancelled.

No free book for me
    Email them again, this is unacceptable imo.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Agreed. Keep emailing them, and try cancelling through both the "My Accounts" tab and the "Order Status" tabs. Don't let that slide.

One of the books shipped this morning which complicates things a bit.
    Do i cancel the remaining book and try to return the other when it arrives (im guessing having to pay return shipping and risking crappy B&N packaging) or just leave it be and hope B&N send me a substitute free book?
    Grrrr.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

One of the books shipped this morning which complicates things a bit.
    Do i cancel the remaining book and try to return the other when it arrives (im guessing having to pay return shipping and risking crappy B&N packaging) or just leave it be and hope B&N send me a substitute free book?
    Grrrr.
    Email them and tell them how unacceptable this is, then ask for a subsitute free book. It's the least they can do
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

No free book for me
    But new frontier absolute is still for sale on their site? Ships within 2-3 days it says.
    Really weird.

BANNED

Don't know if this is the best place to mention it, but I guess it is:

At this point it's pretty easy to get the Saga Deluxe Edition HC for like $22. It's just over $30 at both Amazon and B&N, and both sites have 30% off deals going. For anyone like myself who is going to order other things from those sites (y'know, Xmas gifts for, like, OTHER PEOPLE?), you can throw in the Saga HC and get a good deal on it. Amazon's free shipping threshold is $35, and I wouldn't've hit that if I just bought the things I needed from them for other people, so... throw in a $50 Saga HC and get it for $22, sounds like a good deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    But new frontier absolute is still for sale on their site? Ships within 2-3 days it says.
    Really weird.
    Yeah i noticed that. Although double checking their email it says "unable to fulfil." Not sure what that means exactly. But if its not a stock issue i dont know why theyd be fine shipping two omnibuses but not an Absolute.

Never used B&N before (im in the UK), are they generally good about this stuff or am i in for a fight?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    You're father buys 3 omniboo for your son for christmas!? Damn, I was I had a grandfather like that, that would've been some great Christmas'.
    Grandparents, they live to spoil the grandchildren. Last year my son got PS Vita. Yes, very lucky indeed.

Alright, i think im sorted.

After speaking to 3(!) sales support guys, they told me to reorder another copy of New Frontier and they reduced it to $0.00. Though i have to pay an extra $12 to ship it...

Still dont know why it got cancelled in the first place. Guy said cos it was low stock. Makes sense...

Do any Canadians know if the Indigo rewards is a worthwhile deal for collectors? Are there even rewards discounts on graphic novels, OHCs and Omnis?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.