Page 150 of 237 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3549
    BANNED

Oh C'mon. Ofcourse I didn't read this topic last weekend and missed the 2000 AD sales.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I believe it's more expensive to ship from U.S. to Canada than the other way for whatever reason. The last time i looked into shipping there it was considerably more expensive than the $12, unless your package was under a certain weight. And with books being what they are, you surpass that pretty quickly. I wish they had an international media option to take this into account.
    This actually makes sense. Might have something to do with the Canadian government making it more expensive to deter Canadians from cross border shopping. I'd thought IST was just lumping all international shipping rates together. Would make sense for them to ship it cheaper to me than somewhere overseas to like Europe for example.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I contacted IST and asked them why shipping to canada was so expensive. They responded to me that it was the cheapest method they could find. I find that hard to believe as it cost them $26USD ($35CAD) to ship me an omnibus. The same omnibus that I can ship to the US for $12USD ($17CAD) at my post office complete with tracking. With IST I get no tracking and cost twice as much. It also takes it about a month to get to me. Makes no sense whatsoever as I live in Vancouver which is only a few hours away from the US border, it's not like I live in some remote part of the world. I would be ordering from IST all the time if the shipping fees weren't so outrageous. Seems to me that IST doesn't really care about getting international orders as there just isn't enough of them.
    They seem to ship via FedEx and USPS. If those are the prices those two organizations give them, that's what it is. IST isn't pulling numbers out of their ass. It's a calculated business cost. And it's not a equal two way street. What relevance does Canada Post or whatever charging $12 USD to ship an Omnibus have to do with US shipping costs? Canada Post is not USPS or FedEx or any organization but Canada Post.

You can always go online and crunch the numbers yourself. The cheapest shipping option the USPS price calculator gives me for a 5 lbs package $50 USD declared value from Memphis to Toronto is $45 USD. FedEx's cheapest option is $27 USD for the same package. UPS is $33USD. I mean holy shit what do you want from them? That's what it costs to do business from the US to Canada. I can only imagine it gets steeper to send it over an ocean.

Plus it's not about finding the cheapest shipping solution for the customer. It's about finding the one the business is most comfortable with that will reliably deliver internationally and keep packaging in tact. IST's packaging adds weight - often a pound and a half. That means it's going to cost more when your package bumps up a couple of notches on the scale.

If international customers want to rage against something, rage about your own exchange rate and rage against Marvel for not making these products more economically available in your own countries to the point that you have to turn to the USA and international shipping to try and get a decent price. Don't take it out on IST and the like. It's a miracle they offer to do any international business at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    They seem to ship via FedEx and USPS. If those are the prices those two organizations give them, that's what it is. IST isn't pulling numbers out of their ass. It's a calculated business cost. And it's not a equal two way street. What relevance does Canada Post or whatever charging $12 USD to ship an Omnibus have to do with US shipping costs? Canada Post is not USPS or FedEx or any organization but Canada Post.

You can always go online and crunch the numbers yourself. The cheapest shipping option the USPS price calculator gives me for a 5 lbs package $50 USD declared value from Memphis to Toronto is $45 USD. FedEx's cheapest option is $27 USD for the same package. UPS is $33USD. I mean holy shit what do you want from them? That's what it costs to do business from the US to Canada. I can only imagine it gets steeper to send it over an ocean.

Plus it's not about finding the cheapest shipping solution for the customer. It's about finding the one the business is most comfortable with that will reliably deliver internationally and keep packaging in tact. IST's packaging adds weight - often a pound and a half. That means it's going to cost more when your package bumps up a couple of notches on the scale.

If international customers want to rage against something, rage about your own exchange rate and rage against Marvel for not making these products more economically available in your own countries to the point that you have to turn to the USA and international shipping to try and get a decent price. Don't take it out on IST and the like. It's a miracle they offer to do any international business at all.
    Oh Kodave and your well thought out, researched, and logical rants...
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

First DMZ deluxe for 15 quid on Snazal. Never heard about them before, are they new?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    First DMZ deluxe for 15 quid on Snazal. Never heard about them before, are they new?
    They've been around for a bit. All five are available.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    They've been around for a bit. All five are available.
    I think he meant Snazal who I've never heard of.

well it just went back to 22 quid.
    Ordered from them once, Wally Wood's Cannon was for a good price. They canceled my order saying it was OOS but the book was still available with a higher price.

edit: Actually 17,84 pounds, just ordered it, let's see if they cancel it this time.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Oh. Haha. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Yep.

I'd give it a go, first volume is OOP, some people who I value opinion here have said it's good. I'm going thru my huge backlog now, promised myself I won't buy many books in next couple months.

Spectacular Member

Yep.

I'd give it a go, first volume is OOP, some people who I value opinion here have said it's good. I'm going thru my huge backlog now, promised myself I won't buy many books in next couple months.
    I didn't even realize it was OOP. Dang. I better finish getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post

It's unbearable sending packages to Canada now, at least for me as a semi-part-time Ebay seller. About 10 years ago - and maybe slightly longer - you used to be able to ship packages via ground. Now, USPS would say that it could take up to five weeks, but I don't think it ever really did. Maybe two weeks on average. (I was sending from the Southeast U.S. by the way). Also, Air could get there in 5-7 days.

At the time I was selling large lots and runs of comics, each bagged and boarded, so they boxes would get heavy. Plus I made them damn near bullet-proof (which often times meant they got stopped at the boarder because of all the duct tape I used). Anyhoo, I could ship via ground for say $18. And believe me - the box was heavy. Now, that same box would cost at least $50 by air.

I rarely had Canadian buyers request air and they were always polite about waiting on ground. They understood the deal.

Sadly, when the USPS stopped this, I didn't bother selling anymore. It just cost too much to ship. I'd have a potential buyer ask for a quote, I'd take the package down have it weighed, and then once I told them, they lost interest.

I don't blame them. This isn't a slight to my Canadian buds on the boards here. I feel your pain. You folks are getting screwed.

Yep.

just got my refund from Snazal...typical.
    So for future reference, if you see something oop on their site, don't even bother ordering it.
    For in print stuff it's okay but their price are never better than Wordery or speedyhen.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    just got my refund from Snazal...typical.
    So for future reference, if you see something oop on their site, order it ASAP
    For in print stuff it's okay but their price are never better than Wordery or speedyhen.
    Fixed.

My didn't get canceled.

Fixed.

My didn't get canceled.
    didn't I order before you? Or did you order it before you posted your question about that.
    I didn't actually got a cancellation email yet just the refund. And this was the 2nd time they did that with my order.