Page 161 of 237 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3549

I went and picked out 3 TPB's I need, and qualified for the buy 2 get 1 free with the free shipping but the 20% off coupon wouldn't work with it.

My order is still sitting in my shopping cart. $25.36

Plus.... I see they are trying to charge me tax now???? $1.58 ???

When did they start doing this?
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 11-01-2016 at 10:08 AM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakasko View Post
    In fact, it does work on any pre-orders that are included in the sale. You can view all Buy2Get1Free titles here (with many, many pre-orders included): http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/dc-a...s/_/N-2kv2Z8q8

EDIT: I did make those exact orders that I described, so it's not just a theory.
    Ok, fair enough. I was sure in the past it didn't work when coupled with the Black Friday coupon.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I went and picked out 3 TPB's I need, and qualified for the buy 2 get 1 free with the free shipping but the 20% off coupon wouldn't work with it.

My order is still sitting in my shopping cart. $25.36

Plus.... I see they are trying to charge me tax now???? $1.58 ???

When did they start doing this?

The subtotal must be at least $40 for the 20% coupon to work.

Try ordering 6 items and getting two free if you're looking at cheaper paperbacks. Even without the crazy stackable coupon available now, it's still a good deal:

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by sakasko; 11-01-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just remember, as posted earlier by several of us, the packaging with B&N is absolutely abysmal. Around 60% of books that I've ordered from them have arrived with some form of damage. For the majority of those damaged I was granted a full refund and was allowed to keep the books but it was still very annoying.

I thought I'd give them one more shot when they had the 40% coupon. My book arrived with a squashed corner. They initially offered me a further 10% discount after I emailed them which I wasn't having so they then gave me an additional 40% refund which I eventually accepted. I think I may be done with them. I prefer to pay the extra and purchase elsewhere and get the product in perfect nick.

How did everyone else do with the 40% coupon with regards to the condition of the book(s)?

Spectacular Member

Sakasko, you are a wizard. Go change the world with that brain.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

I wouldn't buy from B&N even at 70% off because all the books I've ordered from this sale in the past, even trades, have arrived with damage ranging from moderate to severe, and it just isn't worth it. But damn, that is some seriously impressive min-maxing right there. Wow.

Yeah, sales tax would make it 60% for me anyway. Yup, I'll just keep reminding myself of that and how disappointed I'd be with books so damaged in my collection. Totally not even thinking about it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I wouldn't buy from B&N even at 70% off because all the books I've ordered from this sale in the past, even trades, have arrived with damage ranging from moderate to severe, and it just isn't worth it. But damn, that is some seriously impressive min-maxing right there. Wow.

Yeah, sales tax would make it 60% for me anyway. Yup, I'll just keep reminding myself of that and how disappointed I'd be with books so damaged in my collection. Totally not even thinking about it anymore.
    For what it's worth I've seen people posting pictures of well padded boxes from B&N lately but they can still send out omnibuses in bubble wrap envelopes.

Fantastic Member

Hey Canadians! Amazon.ca has a 25% off deal on books right now on orders over $50...

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post

Aw man. But its such a good deal!! Cheap comics?! I'm there! But at the risk of having it damaged...is it a risk worth taking?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Hey Canadians! Amazon.ca has a 25% off deal on books right now on orders over $50...
    That was a pleasant surprise. I made a big order. Thinking about making a second but I think I'm going to think about it a little more. If I do, it means my daughter has to miss three lunches next week, lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    That was a pleasant surprise. I made a big order. Thinking about making a second but I think I'm going to think about it a little more. If I do, it means my daughter has to miss three lunches next week, lol.
    ha, yes...it just happens that I have a bit of extra cash in the bank at the moment. Lets just say I took advantage of the savings.

Thank you so much. I just placed a HUGE order, will now be eating ramen noodles for the rest of the year.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

All-New Member

very cool thanks. put a few new items on pre order, also cancelled a bunch of pre orders and re-bought! you saved me a couple hundred bones, thanks!!!

BANNED

Yesterday I bought the All New X Men series 1 trade paperback volume 2 collection. Bought it at regular price. didnt care too much for a sale price if there was even one.

Even bought the Star Wars novel paperback of Jedi Academy book 1 since i needed book 1 to go with books 2 and 3

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    Yesterday I bought the All New X Men series 1 trade paperback volume 2 collection. Bought it at regular price. didnt care too much for a sale price if there was even one.

Even bought the Star Wars novel paperback of Jedi Academy book 1 since i needed book 1 to go with books 2 and 3
    Errrrrr...ok