Page 17 of 237 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    after a brief mourning period i banished all thoughts of buying Hickman's FF Omnibus Volume 2 from Amazon for 96 bucks and concocted an all DC Black Friday order ($126.33 incl. delivery) consisting of Absolute Top 10, Sleeper Omnibus and, against my better judgement, Animal Man omnibus. the latter was the cheapest, hence free. i hope i'll like iteventually. that is, if they do ship the order eventually, because according to the follow-up e-mail, the expected ship date is December 19!
    I think you will like it. I read the material for the first time when the Omni came out - it really holds up. It explores most of the themes Morrison has been dealing with for the majority of his career, but does so in a way that is more accessible than Invisibles, Flex Mentallo, etc.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I think you will like it. I read the material for the first time when the Omni came out - it really holds up. It explores most of the themes Morrison has been dealing with for the majority of his career, but does so in a way that is more accessible than Invisibles, Flex Mentallo, etc.
    thanks, that gives me more to look forward to.

I did take advantage of Amazon's 30% off sale on Saga Deluxe (they're selling right at $29.99 and with the $10 off limit, a $30 item gives maximum benefit). $20 for a week-old book of 18 of the finest comics to come out in the last few years in swanky OHC is quite the steal.
    Wait hold up, how are you getting $10 off Amazon?

To be completely honest, I was never a big fan of Morrison. I've only ever read Final Crisis, Batman(not Batman&Robin/Batman Inc.), New X-men, and All-Star Superman. Those were some of the first DC comics I ever picked up so you could imagine how hard it was for me to digest it all being unfamiliar with DC lore and all that. New X-men was the most accessible one, Batman and ASS were good but I just couldn't enjoy them as much as everyone else did, and Final Crisis was just flat out confusing. In spite of all this, I still picked up Absolute B&R, Animal Man, and Doom Patrol. I want to give him another shot and hopefully this time around I'll come to appreciate his writing more.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 11-29-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    HOLIDAY30 is the word. it has been posted here, i think.

HOLIDAY30 is the word. it has been posted here, i think.
    Thanks. Does it work with any Amazon product, or just a specific selection of items?
    EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 11-29-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post

To be completely honest, I was never a big fan of Morrison. I've only ever read Final Crisis, Batman(not Batman&Robin/Batman Inc.), New X-men, and All-Star Superman. Those were some of the first DC comics I ever picked up so you could imagine how hard it was for me to digest it all being unfamiliar with DC lore and all that. New X-men was the most accessible one, Batman and ASS were good but I just couldn't enjoy them as much as everyone else did, and Final Crisis was just flat out confusing. In spite of all this, I still picked up Absolute B&R, Animal Man, and Doom Patrol. I want to give him another shot and hopefully this time around I'll come to appreciate his writing more.
    If you want the best of Morrison I would suggest getting away from the DC/Marvel universe material. Check out Joe the Barbarian, Happy, WE3 and (my personal fave.) Sebastion O.

Amazing Member

I got the AoA Companion, Punisher Max Omnibus, and Infinity Companion for $40 each shipped from Barnes and Noble with the coupon code and B2G1F deal. Not bad. Now I just need the darn Infinity hardcover itself.

Hey guys, is cheapgraphicnovels.com really a legit site? I know a lot of members here swear by it and everything I've read about it online has been positive, but I have a hard time believing they can really offer stuff that's new for such a low price.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Hey guys, is cheapgraphicnovels.com really a legit site? I know a lot of members here swear by it and everything I've read about it online has been positive, but I have a hard time believing they can really offer stuff that's new for such a low price.
    Yes, it's legit. I don't know what more you're looking for since people here have vouched for them. It's an online front/sister business of a comic book store with a couple of locations in the Los Angeles area. They can sell many things so cheap because they're working off of a thin profit margin model which requires them to buy a ton of books from the distributor to get steep wholesale discounts. They then have to sell those books fairly quickly to try and make a profit and have funds to buy the next month's books. But unlike InStockTrades, which follows a similar business model of selling many books cheap at thin margins, CGN won't hesitate to jack up the price of books that are starting to become rare.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

after a brief mourning period i banished all thoughts of buying Hickman's FF Omnibus Volume 2 from Amazon for 96 bucks and concocted an all DC Black Friday order ($126.33 incl. delivery) consisting of Absolute Top 10, Sleeper Omnibus and, against my better judgement, Animal Man omnibus. the latter was the cheapest, hence free. i hope i'll like it eventually. that is, if they do ship the order eventually, because according to the follow-up e-mail, the expected ship date is December 19!
    You've just picked 3 of the best OHC's Dc has to offer, good job! Animal Man is awesome so don't worry about that
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    You've just picked 3 of the best OHC's Dc has to offer, good job! Animal Man is awesome so don't worry about that
    thanks, that's reassuring! because i've been researching my ass off

Guys, should I buy from IST during the Black Friday sale or should I wait for a possible Christmas one? I want to take advantage of cheaper prices but I don't need to order right now.

There may be other better sales out there but I know I can rely on IST when it comes to intl. shipping.

[Edit] Nevermind, I placed an order. Took advantage of the omniboo since it doesn't make sense using those savings for smaller trades. It'll be a saving of about $120 after shipping and customs, etc compared to if I had to buy it locally. Not too shabby.

I ordered:

Saga Deluxe
    New Avengers Omnibus (Bendis)
    Ultimate Avengers Omnibus (Millar)
    Punisher Omnibus (Aaron)
    Last edited by ohmshalone; 11-30-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

thanks, that's reassuring! because i've been researching my ass off
    The best Dc omniboo in my opinion are Planetary, Sleeper, Sandman and Animal Man. Those are just soooo good
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The best Dc omniboo in my opinion are Planetary, Sleeper, Sandman and Animal Man. Those are just soooo good
    Planetary was in fact my first DC omnibus, and i got Sandman soon after that

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Alright, i think im sorted.

After speaking to 3(!) sales support guys, they told me to reorder another copy of New Frontier and they reduced it to $0.00. Though i have to pay an extra $12 to ship it...

Still dont know why it got cancelled in the first place. Guy said cos it was low stock. Makes sense...
    Well, this gives me confidence. I had this happen over 2 weeks ago, and I'm still trying to get my 3rd book filled . . . It's still listed as in-stock on the website, but they can't seem to order it for me. They've now tried 3 times unsuccessfully. I bet if I did it myself, it would work...