Page 176 of 237 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3549
    Incredible Member

If I wasn't 21 hours away.... that'd be great lol

Promethea Absolute vol 2 vol 35 quid.

FP has DC sale btw.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/67456-pr...titan-edition/

Incredible Member

Not sure if this is common knowledge for Canadian Indigo shoppers but there is "always" a 10% off discount code each month which typically makes them cheaper than Amazon.ca.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Not sure if this is common knowledge for Canadian Indigo shoppers but there is "always" a 10% off discount code each month which typically makes them cheaper than Amazon.ca.
    Do tell? Where does one find these codes?

Incredible Member

Typically on retailmenot.ca or i google it and some other site shows it. Right now its aug10. July was july10 etc. Valid if you spend over 50. In the last year, ive never not found a code each month.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Typically on retailmenot.ca or i google it and some other site shows it. Right now its aug10. July was july10 etc. Valid if you spend over 50. In the last year, ive never not found a code each month.
    That's awesome, thanks for sharing! Any time I see their coupons always exclude books so I gave up on them, but it looks like this one still works.

Incredible Member

It doesnt appear to be an advertised code unlike the 15% off code but I have used the 10% off code each month for a while. I have justified many a purchase with that extra 10% off!

It doesnt appear to be an advertised code unlike the 15% off code but I have used the 10% off code each month for a while. I have justified many a purchase with that extra 10% off!
    Awesome thanks guys! I typically wait for quite a while to check for the chapters 15-20% sale they sometimes do one day only. This 10% is nice to justify some of the manga purchases I make considering most dont even give any real discount anymore...

Incredible Member

Their best deal is when they have 20% off if you use MasterPass or VISA Checkout. You can use this as well as the 10% off. I've done this a few times.
    I haven't seen this deal in a while.

Justice league Darkseid War Omni only 41$ at Amazon.com

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    Justice league Darkseid War Omni only 41$ at Amazon.com
    Haha now that's a deal (assuming it's sewn ) even to Canada!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

BANNED

Robocop vs. Terminator Gallery Edition only $30 on Amazon.com right now. Seems a reasonably inexpensive way to check out the format before diving in to the more pricey editions, if nothing else. Besides, dat Simonson art!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPirate View Post
    Robocop vs. Terminator Gallery Edition only $30 on Amazon.com right now. Seems a reasonably inexpensive way to check out the format before diving in to the more pricey editions, if nothing else. Besides, dat Simonson art!
    Comes to £30 including shipping to the UK, bargain. Its currently £60 on the Amazon UK marketplace

If anyone's in Dublin or passing through, Sub City Comics on Dame Street has some omnibuses and Absolutes at 50% off. They're on the bottom shelf of a stand at the back of the shop, so easily missed. It's mostly DC Silver/Bronze age omnis of various characters, but Daredevil Vol 1 is there, as is the Manapul Flash omnibus, Absolute Tranmetropolitan 2, Absolute Planetary 2, and Absolute Identity Crisis.

I picked up the Millar/Hitch Ultimates Omnibus for a good price, so I'm happy

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Hey all, thought I'd share some useful information I've learned with my fellow hardcover deal-hunters.

I've noticed some sellers have listed hardcover comics at a strangely low price, with a "Like New" condition and mention of a remainder mark or publisher overstock. The Heroes for a New Hope hardcover in particular seemed overpriced to me, so when I saw a listing for roughly 50% off the Amazon price, I figured I'd give it a shot. Here's the outcome:

I got it for $25 Canadian compared to the cover price of $63 and average Amazon.ca price of ~$50, and all because there was a tiny black marker dot on the BOTTOM of the hardcover. When it's sitting on the shelf the mark is not even visible, and since I never even look at the bottom of my hardcovers I consider that one a big win.

On the other hand, I was not quite as lucky with my Amazing Spider-Man hardcover:

That time they put the mark on the top instead, which is a little more irritating. However, I still got a great deal so I can't complain too much.

I tried searching for comic book remainder marks before my purchases and didn't really find many helpful images. My experience has been mixed so I can't recommend whether or not you should buy overstock copies, but at least I could give you an idea of what to expect.

(I tried putting the images in spoiler tags but couldn't them to work. Does this forum support spoiler tags?)