Page 178 of 237 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3549

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Its supposed to be easy to remove these, people essentially shave off the remainder mark. Lots of instructions and videos online, haven't got round to trying it though.
    It always depends on how deep the marker bleeds into the pages. I've removed some incredibly easy, and others leave the pages rough and unfinished and with a big pothole, so to speak. Unless you have some kind of industrial paper cutter, I'd suggest not even trying for the most part as you'll always know or be able to tell. Accept the remainder or don't.

Everything I want seems to be a good bit cheaper on Wordery than Book Depository - does anybody know if there is some kind of catch or downside to Wordery? :/
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Everything I want seems to be a good bit cheaper on Wordery than Book Depository - does anybody know if there is some kind of catch or downside to Wordery? :/
    You can get 12% off your second book aswell if it has express delivery available

I've had no problems with Wordery. The only difference I've noticed between them and book Depository is that Wordery can take a bit longer to deliver on some books.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've had no problems with Wordery. The only difference I've noticed between them and book Depository is that Wordery can take a bit longer to deliver on some books.
    I have only ordered once from book depository and it took longer and ended up damaged although i did order a book from wordery last wednesday that is still to be dispatched. Usually had them all within a week though

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    I have only ordered once from book depository and it took longer and ended up damaged although i did order a book from wordery last wednesday that is still to be dispatched. Usually had them all within a week though
    I use Speedyhen more than Book Depository and Wordery, but I think they're all much of a muchness really. They all use similar packaging and I've had the odd book damaged from Speedyhen. Luck of the draw with those thin cardboard envelopes they post books out in.

Off Topic: Are you a Wolves fan?

I use Speedyhen more than Book Depository and Wordery, but I think they're all much of a muchness really. They all use similar packaging and I've had the odd book damaged from Speedyhen. Luck of the draw with those thin cardboard envelopes they post books out in.

Off Topic: Are you a Wolves fan?
    I use speedyhen for new books most aswell and havent really had any problems yet. And no im a chelsea fan but live in wolves(i know)

I use speedyhen for new books most aswell and havent really had any problems yet. And no im a chelsea fan but live in wolves(i know)
    I had a season ticket at Wolves for 3 years, mainly because they're local to me. I'm a Swansea fan first.

I had a season ticket at Wolves for 3 years, mainly because they're local to me. I'm a Swansea fan first.
    Would love to go to more games but i dont like the travel and would rather spend money on something else(like a load of books��)

We used to drive 600 miles in a day for Liverpool games, that was fun, especially Champion's League matches finishing at 10 :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

We used to drive 600 miles in a day for Liverpool games, that was fun, especially Champion's League matches finishing at 10 :P
    Only been to one champions league match but luckily i chose a good year when chelsea won it

Would love to go to more games but i dont like the travel and would rather spend money on something else(like a load of books��)
    The travelling is the reason why I can't get a Swansea season ticket. I don't fancy travelling down there from the Midlands every other weekend and in the week.

I haven't got the energy for journey's like that in one day anymore! Sign of getting old I think.

Only been to one champions league match but luckily i chose a good year when chelsea won it
    Being a Swansea fan, I can only dream of seeing them in a Champions League match

So I have been browsing instocktrades "damaged" books and was wondering if anyone has bought any?

Are we talking bent or torn pages here? Crushed covers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    So I have been browsing instocktrades "damaged" books and was wondering if anyone has bought any?

Are we talking bent or torn pages here? Crushed covers?
    I'm interested as well. If anyone has bought anything, be it TPB or HC, please let us know!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.