Page 179 of 237 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3549
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    So I have been browsing instocktrades "damaged" books and was wondering if anyone has bought any?

Are we talking bent or torn pages here? Crushed covers?
    I've bought quite a few IST damaged books. All the damage has been on the outside, nothing wrong with the pages. The majority of the issues are extremely minor. I couldn't even figure out what was the matter with some of them (like the Vision TPBs). But it's still a bit of a risk, depending on how much you care. Here's an album with some examples.

Absolute All-Star Superman - I can only assume the issue is a tiny, tiny bump to the upper right corner in the picture.
    Absolute Batman Incorporated - A small crush to the lower left corner.
    Crisis on Infinite Earths deluxe - The dust cover seems to have been cut a little off. No matter how much I align it, one part overhangs a bit and another part shows a bit of the hardcover. It was in shrinkwrap, and even before opening you could see it didn't look quite right.
    Saga Vol. 7 - Just a bit of a bend in the corner.
    Black Science Vol. 3 - A scratch across the back cover.
    Rat Queens HC - A pretty significant crunch in the corner.

http://imgur.com/a/kKvEb

Quote Originally Posted by sakasko View Post
    I've bought quite a few IST damaged books. All the damage has been on the outside, nothing wrong with the pages. The majority of the issues are extremely minor. I couldn't even figure out what was the matter with some of them (like the Vision TPBs). But it's still a bit of a risk, depending on how much you care. Here's an album with some examples.

Absolute All-Star Superman - I can only assume the issue is a tiny, tiny bump to the upper right corner in the picture.
    Absolute Batman Incorporated - A small crush to the lower left corner.
    Crisis on Infinite Earths deluxe - The dust cover seems to have been cut a little off. No matter how much I align it, one part overhangs a bit and another part shows a bit of the hardcover. It was in shrinkwrap, and even before opening you could see it didn't look quite right.
    Saga Vol. 7 - Just a bit of a bend in the corner.
    Black Science Vol. 3 - A scratch across the back cover.
    Rat Queens HC - A pretty significant crunch in the corner.

http://imgur.com/a/kKvEb
    thanks for your reply, with pics even! AWesome.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

2000 AD has 50% off for all Rogue Trooper books.

Thanks sakakso

That now convinces me to buy some! 60% off, woo!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

With regards to damaged books at IST, this is the reply I received from Emily when I inquired as to a specific damaged book:

Damages may include dings, dents, scratches, crushed corners, folds in the cover or dust jacket, or other similar damage. These books are considered to be good reading copies and should not have missing pages or be falling apart. While pages will be intact, covers for trade paperbacks may be detached in a few cases but in that event, the cover should be able to be glued back on. Also, although we don’t consider this to be damage, books that normally have shrink-wrap and/or protective boxes may be missing either or both of those items.

We can’t really provide descriptions of the damage on specific items because there can be multiple copies with different damages, and we can’t know who will get what copies.

I hope that helps some.

I just got volumes 1-4 of The Walking Dead Has for £22, so feeling very happy :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I just bought some books off this seller on Ebay (I have before as well) and he's a great seller. The books I just got were MINT! I couldn't believe it. He said they were in great condition, but these books are seriously outstanding. Looks like they haven't been read and just came off the printing floor.

No, I am not the seller, but I would highly recommend him. I know some of you guys have been searching for these Judge Dredd Deluxe Editions and he has all 18 except for #13 & 14:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Judge-Dredd-...8AAOSwtZVZrJYp

I'm not a Judge Dredd fan, otherwise I would jump on these myself. He also has a lot of other cool oversized books and HC's that you might be interested in.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazon.de glitch: "Universal War One" HC (288 pages, RRP $34) is only €6.99:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/1782762388/...395811_TE_dp_1

My copy just shipped.

Mine too

All Pat Mills Charley's War Titan Book Hardcover are at bargain price (£4.99) at forbidden planet.com, even the softcover omnibus!
    https://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=charley%27s+war
    Last edited by vark; 09-23-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Thank you SO much! These have been on my wishlist for so long and I just can't pass this up haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Amazon.de glitch: "Universal War One" HC (288 pages, RRP $34) is only €6.99:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/1782762388/...395811_TE_dp_1

My copy just shipped.
    Got mine today. Thanks for the tip off!

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

OK. This one's for all my fellow Canucks. Now until Sunday Indigo has 5x the plum points, they also have 40% off certain Bat titles like all of Tom Kings Batman Rebirth tpbs, Snyder 's All star Batman in both tpb or hardcover and all of Frank Miller deluxe editions of DK III and year one and his trades for DK returns and strikes again. Theres also other titles involed. If you add the promo code HAPPYSEPT , you get another 10%....so all in all you get 50% and the 5x the plum points...one of the better deals in while. I picked up Batman vols 1 to 3 and Synders All star Vol 1 for $ 12 .41 each!
    Last edited by Gotham Thrasher; 09-30-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    OK. This one's for all my fellow Canucks. Now until Sunday Indigo has 5x the plum points, they also have 40% off certain Bat titles like all of Tom Kings Batman Rebirth tpbs, Snyder 's All star Batman in both tpb or hardcover and all of Frank Miller deluxe editions of DK III and year one and his trades for DK returns and strikes again. Theres also other titles involed. If you add the promo code HAPPYSEPT , you get another 10%....so all in all you get 50% and the 5x the plum points...one of the better deals in while. I picked up Batman vols 1 to 3 and Synders All star Vol 1 for $ 12 .66 each!

I also forgot to mention...all participating rexalls and Loblaws and Canadian superstores have 20% off indigo /chapters gift cards until Oct 6th! So all together it really is a great deal!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    I also forgot to mention...all participating rexalls and Loblaws and Canadian superstores have 20% off indigo /chapters gift cards until Oct 6th! So all together it really is a great deal!
    Wow that is a great deal, thanks for mentioning! On the Amazon.ca side, they have buy 3 get 1 free until 11:59 p.m. (PT) October 1, 2017.