Page 18 of 237 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well, this gives me confidence. I had this happen over 2 weeks ago, and I'm still trying to get my 3rd book filled . . . It's still listed as in-stock on the website, but they can't seem to order it for me. They've now tried 3 times unsuccessfully. I bet if I did it myself, it would work...
    Out of interest, which book are you having problems with?

Fantastic Member

Got a mail from B&N that my ZAP Complete is scheduled to ship. God bless that Black Friday deals!

I was thinking about selling my Sandman Omnibi and getting the Absolutes from B&N, but I've noticed volumes 4 and 5 aren't included in the B2G1... Has anyone noticed anything similar with any other books?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    I was thinking about selling my Sandman Omnibi and getting the Absolutes from B&N, but I've noticed volumes 4 and 5 aren't included in the B2G1... Has anyone noticed anything similar with any other books?
    I tried to add volume 1 to my basket and it didn't bring up the deal, so i went with the Annihilation omnibus instead.

Could it be because they're Vertigo and not 'technically' DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I tried to add volume 1 to my basket and it didn't bring up the deal, so i went with the Annihilation omnibus instead.

Could it be because they're Vertigo and not 'technically' DC?
    It discounts for me properly. You sure your two other books qualify?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    It discounts for me properly. You sure your two other books qualify?
    Yeah, it was x-men vol 2 omnibus and infinity gauntlet.

All-New Member

Bought a ton of stuff with the recent deals:

Barnes and Noble:

$140

Absolute Sinestro
    Absolute Dark Victory
    Absolute Batman and Robin

CGN:

$198

FOREVER EVIL HC (BARGAIN) $11.25 1 $11.25
    JAN1405521BB FATALE DELUXE EDITION VOL 01 HC (BARGAIN) $17.99 1 $17.99
    FEB1403431BB GI JOE IDW COLLECTION VOL 04 HC (BARGAIN) $24.99 1 $24.99
    MAR1414221BB HARBINGER WARS DELUXE EDITION HC (BARGAIN) $15.99 1 $15.99
    JUN1405061BB INVINCIBLE ULTIMATE COLLECTION VOL 09 HC (BARGAIN) $17.99 1 $17.99
    MAR1407541BB JEPH LOEB AND TIM SALE YELLOW BLUE AND GRAY HC (BARGAIN) $33.75 1 $33.75
    SEP1104231BB NIGHTLY NEWS ANNIVERSARY ED HC (BARGAIN) $15.75 1 $15.75
    AUG1417091BB QUANTUM AND WOODY COMPLETE CLASSIC OMNIBUS HC (BARGAIN) $49.99 1 $49.99
    AUG1306351BB REVIVAL DELUXE COLLECTION VOL 01 HC (BARGAIN) $15.75 1 $15.75

IST:

$74

Saga Deluxe
    Lazarus HC 1
    Daytripper Deluxe
    Mind MGMT HC 4

Very excited to get this stuff.

Yeah, it was x-men vol 2 omnibus and infinity gauntlet.
    There's your answer. X-Men Volume 2 Omnibus doesn't qualify for the sale for some reason. If you go to it's page, it makes no mention of the B2G1 sale.

There's your answer. X-Men Volume 2 Omnibus doesn't qualify for the sale for some reason. If you go to it's page, it makes no mention of the B2G1 sale.
    But it does, I mean Uncanny X-Men Volume 2 by Claremont sorry.

It does qualify because I ordered it with Annihilation instead of Absolute Sandman xD

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Yes, it's legit. I don't know what more you're looking for since people here have vouched for them. It's an online front/sister business of a comic book store with a couple of locations in the Los Angeles area. They can sell many things so cheap because they're working off of a thin profit margin model which requires them to buy a ton of books from the distributor to get steep wholesale discounts. They then have to sell those books fairly quickly to try and make a profit and have funds to buy the next month's books. But unlike InStockTrades, which follows a similar business model of selling many books cheap at thin margins, CGN won't hesitate to jack up the price of books that are starting to become rare.
    I'm glad to hear they're legit. I just didn't understand how they could offer things so cheaply. My family has had instances of stolen identities from big-name businesses that are supposed to be reputable and secure so I'm understandably skeptical of certain things that seem too good to be true.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I'm glad to hear they're legit. I just didn't understand how they could offer things so cheaply. My family has had instances of stolen identities from big-name businesses that are supposed to be reputable and secure so I'm understandably skeptical of certain things that seem too good to be true.
    Unfortunately, I think most business, large or small, are more than likely guilty of not being as secure as they should be. Never hesitate to ask for opinions though if your not sure.

But it does, I mean Uncanny X-Men Volume 2 by Claremont sorry.

It does qualify because I ordered it with Annihilation instead of Absolute Sandman xD

Thanks for the clarification. It is strange. The same three books qualify for me. Not that it matters at this point.
    Mulling over some more purchases. I can't believe how much I've spent this year so far. Sigh...
    Last edited by danmar85; 11-30-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Alright, i think im sorted.

After speaking to 3(!) sales support guys, they told me to reorder another copy of New Frontier and they reduced it to $0.00. Though i have to pay an extra $12 to ship it...

Still dont know why it got cancelled in the first place. Guy said cos it was low stock. Makes sense...
    Spoke too soon. Free book canceled. AGAIN!

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Spoke too soon. Free book canceled. AGAIN!
    Will they let you choose another one to be your free book?

Unfortunately, I think most business, large or small, are more than likely guilty of not being as secure as they should be. Never hesitate to ask for opinions though if your not sure.
    I appreciate that, thank you! And you're right, that's definitely true of all businesses. I think I'm just a little more weary of online ordering because identity theft seems more prone to occur through online shopping so I'm very particular about which places I shop from.

Now that I know CGN is legit, though, looks like I'll be racking up quite the bill...
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

I just ordered from topcow.com who had two deals on. $25 dollars off for cyber monday then another %30 for no reason.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.