Page 21 of 237 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Maybe a good deal, maybe not, but used Stern Spider-Man Omnibus is 40% at gohastings.com with code GINORMOUS. Total for me was about $47 before shipping.

GoHastings is hit or miss for things like Blu-ray slipcases (I also ordered the ASM2 movie for $7.50), but I figured it's worth a go to see if the Omnibus arrives fully intact.

Incredible Member

Got my Black Friday/cyber Monday b&n for Wolverine & X-men, Punisher by Aaron, Ultimate Spider Man, Death of Spider Man, Alias, and Wolverine by Millar. Worked out to about $38 a piece. Plus 2 free $10 gift cards. This thread has been great for this time of year. Thanks to all you bargain hawks out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Don't suppose anyone has any experience with B&N shipping and how long it takes to ship overseas?
    Can take up to a month on the cheapest shipping option, though I am probably further away than most.

Question for anyone familiar with ordering through TFAW. I haven't received an email informing me of a shipment, but all the books are listed as shipped in my order status. Have they actually shipped or is that some default status that means nothing?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gittles View Post
    Maybe a good deal, maybe not, but used Stern Spider-Man Omnibus is 40% at gohastings.com with code GINORMOUS. Total for me was about $47 before shipping.

GoHastings is hit or miss for things like Blu-ray slipcases (I also ordered the ASM2 movie for $7.50), but I figured it's worth a go to see if the Omnibus arrives fully intact.
    And shipping is a base charge of $3 plus $0.99 per book. So if you buy just one book, that's a $3.99 shipping charge.

And if you're lucky they'll ship it in a box. But even then they'll put air bags that get deflated instantly so there will probably be unnecessary wear on the book as it gets tossed around the inside of the box.

Chances are they'll shove it in an oversized padded envelope mailer so every corner will get smashed in and the envelope will be torn open in no less than 4 spots.

If you're fine with damaged used books, then Hastings is okay. I personally would not pay for them to send me a collectible book like a Marvel Omnibus. I learned my lesson the hard way with a Secret Warriors Omnibus. I'd rather pony up the extra ~$20 and have a pristine new copy of Stern Spidey from IST.

I don't read the Shipping/Packaging thread but my guess is people would lose their minds if they saw how shitty Hastings packages stuff.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimeCrash View Post
    Don't know how good of a deal this is, but just got Luke Skywalker: Last Hope for the Galaxy for 20$ at TFAW.com. Since I couldn't find the Dark Empire Trilogy anywhere in stock I think this is a nice alternative.
    That's a fantastic deal. It's a beautiful book. "Omnibus" sized and has an "absolute" type slipcase. IIRC (I'm on the way to wk so can't check) , it has a faux leather hardcover. I'll have to check if they ship to Poland and if so how much as I might get a second copy as a present.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Don't suppose anyone has any experience with B&N shipping and how long it takes to ship overseas?
    Of the 3 books I ordered from last years BF deal only Animal Man Omnibus came with dented corners. Captain America by Jack Kirby Omnibus and Age of Ultron OHC arrived in perfect condition. Each arrived separately. It seems the bigger the book the more likely it can get damaged. The Cap and Ultron books are trim sized and came in compact wraparound cardboard packaging.

Similar to what others wrote re:delivery i.e. 3-8 weeks, so don't hold your breath.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Question for anyone familiar with ordering through TFAW. I haven't received an email informing me of a shipment, but all the books are listed as shipped in my order status. Have they actually shipped or is that some default status that means nothing?
    i'd say it's some default status. when an order has not been shipped yet, it has "pending" status in Shipment history section of your account. when it has been, there's the date there. you'll get a "your tfaw shipment has been sent" e-mail from them when it happens anyway.

Did you books turn up damaged?
    Sorry, Storm, I logged off after my latest post.

I don't remember any of them being seriously damaged, but that was just sheer luck. Terrible packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Of the 3 books I ordered from last years BF deal only Animal Man Omnibus came with dented corners. Captain America by Jack Kirby Omnibus and Age of Ultron OHC arrived in perfect condition. Each arrived separately. It seems the bigger the book the more likely it can get damaged. The Cap and Ultron books are trim sized and came in compact wraparound cardboard packaging.

Similar to what others wrote re:delivery i.e. 3-8 weeks, so don't hold your breath.
    That's why I went with the deals from tfaw instead, figured they ship quicker and with better packaging.
    Want it before christmas. <3

re: FF Hickman 2 on B&N. They'll get it back in stock, right? What's the general thought on this?
    Thanks.

Random question, but has anyone taken their falling apart copy of Rising Stars to a bindery and had it rebound?
    Havnt bought it yet, but thats always been my plan. To rip it apart as soon as i get it since its gonna fall apart anyway.
    Ive started binding Witchblade so ill probably go that route with any other Top Cow books i pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i'd say it's some default status. when an order has not been shipped yet, it has "pending" status in Shipment history section of your account. when it has been, there's the date there. you'll get a "your tfaw shipment has been sent" e-mail from them when it happens anyway.
    You know what. I was looking at the wrong section lol. Just as you say, shipment history has it as pending. Thanks for the help.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Havnt bought it yet, but thats always been my plan. To rip it apart as soon as i get it since its gonna fall apart anyway.
    Ive started binding Witchblade so ill probably go that route with any other Top Cow books i pickup.
    Please let me know how that goes! I'm seriously considering doing the same for my Rising Stars Compendium.

Yeah will do. As a flip side to Top Cows crappy build quality, from a binders perspective its actually kinda nice to just be able to peel off the covers and not worry about melting away glue and tearing pages.