Page 24 of 237 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Suddenly im reeeeeal nervous about my B&N delivery...

Apparantly my 2nd book shipped yesterday. They just didnt send confirmation.

This was the first and last time ill use B&N i think. The B2GOF offer is great an everything, but its just not worth dealing with their s##### service.

Conversly, huge props to Cheap-Comics. Same day shipping. Kept me informed of shipping and delivery times, very well packaged and they threw in a free surprise HC with my order. Top marks
    Same. Called them up twice this week to make sure one of my orders was processed properly. Order status said it was a gift card being denied but it turns out the renaming amount didn't go through with Paypal credit so I opted to charge through my Chase account. The charge was pending, and then disappeared this morning so I called them up AGAIN to see what was up. Reasoning wasn't too clear but they said they resolved the issue so I was like whatever....still waiting on the confirmation e-mail and changed status which I'm sure I was supposed to get over an hour ago...

Finally got all my B&N orders in. Only book that got really damaged was the FF vol.1 omnibus. They are sending me a new one so hopefully it comes in better shape. With the black friday coupon and buy2get1free they ended being about 60% off per book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    There's never a need for a consumer to pay for insurance on these run of the mill type purchases. That's just a waste of your money. The responsibility to get the package to you with the contents undamaged is that of the retailer. If the package is lost in transit or something is damaged inside the package, that is their fault. Every single credit card company and PayPal will back that up and give you your money back if the retailer won't replace or refund your order in event of a lost package or damaged items. When you pay for insurance, you're just giving your money away to the retailer to cover their own behinds. The risk is on them to either insure a package themselves or take the risk of sending an uninsured package.
    I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up! I was just playing it safe. I will not buy the insurance in the future.

In happy news, the first shipment arrived today from CGN and everything was in fantastic shape! The second has not shipped yet.

Amazing Member

This is my total B&N order. AoA and IC came in a box but PunisherMax came in an envelope thingy.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Punisher Max had minor bends to the dustjacket but that's all. I'm surprised.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billabonghotrod View Post

Finally got all my B&N orders in. Only book that got really damaged was the FF vol.1 omnibus. They are sending me a new one so hopefully it comes in better shape. With the black friday coupon and buy2get1free they ended being about 60% off per book.
    I'll give you ten bucks if you can read all that in a week ... err ... month? Year?

Quote Originally Posted by billabonghotrod View Post

Awesome haul. Those stacks remind me of the first few days when all the Amazon glitch titles arrived =)
    Last edited by Omnibus; 12-04-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SevDelta View Post
    This is my total B&N order. AoA and IC came in a box but PunisherMax came in an envelope thingy.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Yeah I remember once getting an omnibus packaged like that. Absolutely horrible for a book company that they can't ship a book correctly.

I would call them for a replacement.

Did you have it sent to you by usps or ups?
    Last edited by Legion564; 12-04-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Spectacular Member

Is there an active B&N coupon? 20OFFDEC2 seems to have expired. Thanks!

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Is there an active B&N coupon? 20OFFDEC2 seems to have expired. Thanks!
    USWA77571WV65 --> 20% off from the most expensive item

Spectacular Member

Using the BFRIDAY14 code on the new Complete Little Nemo was an amazing deal. A $39 discount! Y'all should consider it for 20 or 25% off, too. Now I'm shopping other Taschen art books... like I need new ways to use time or money...

Incredible Member

Now I'm worried. I also had Punisher Max as one of my orders. The other two books arrived safely in a box, but it is shipping solo. Hope it arrives safely.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Using the BFRIDAY14 code on the new Complete Little Nemo was an amazing deal. A $39 discount! Y'all should consider it for 20 or 25% off, too. Now I'm shopping other Taschen art books... like I need new ways to use time or money...
    How did they ship that? Did it come in good condition?

Incredible Member

I received two Marvel Omnis from BN today. They were in a box bigger than both of them, so there was room to slide around. No extra padding. Fortunately they weren't damaged and seemed pretty much perfect, other than off centered dust jackets which is Marvel/the manufacturer's fault. Still trying to get BN to authorize the exchange for undamaged copies of those two complete collections that I either posted about here or in the packaging thread.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    How did they ship that? Did it come in good condition?
    Actually, I haven't received it yet, and that's a good point. I'm only not worried because of the book's external case/box.