Page 42 of 237 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    This is exactly why I've never ordered from Barnes & Noble and never plan to as long as these stories are commonplace, even though the buy 2 get 1 free sale sometimes seems like a good deal. The amount of damaged books they're responsible for is terrible.
    Yeah, I scratch my head every time I see a post where someone's ordering three Omnibuses or Absolutes or whatever through B&N. No way in hell would I trust them with heavy expensive nice books. All for, what?, so you can save like 5% more than what you'd get from IST? IST is a family business and an actual comic shop... and they know how to package big books so that you will get them in NM+ condition 99.9% of the time. Why would you not support that but risk a nightmare experience where you a) wait for weeks for B&N to finally ship your books, b) find out that they're in bad condition, c) deal with unhelpful customer service people so you can have the pleasure of repeating steps one and two once again? I don't get it.

I've used B&N's 3-for-2 deal before, but only for trades or thin HCs that I don't really care that much about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I always said I wouldn't buy this until it got down to $3.99, but now that it is $3.99 it just seems like a waste of good shelf space. Not quite sure why Marvel thought it'd be a good idea to copy DC's idea of a NU52 sample book?
    Come on, man. You definitely need to go for the deal now. If nothing else, it'll be good for a laugh.

If you go through Ebates and Alibris and get the same deal from the same seller like I just did, you'll get an extra 2.5% back. That's the Marvel Now! Omnibus for $7.88 shipped.

I bought a same "good" copy of this Omnibus from the same seller back in April, for $13 shipped. It came sealed and mint. I read it then traded it in at my LCS for $50 store credit. Going to do the same thing this time around.

Get on board this time around, Greg, for god's sake. If nothing else flipping through it will give you updated reasons to complain about whatever you think is going on in contemporary Marvel comics.

The Alibris listing said he only had 3 left before I bought mine. But maybe there's a bigger stock delegated to the seller's Amazon account.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    Yeah, I scratch my head every time I see a post where someone's ordering three Omnibuses or Absolutes or whatever through B&N. No way in hell would I trust them with heavy expensive nice books. All for, what?, so you can save like 5% more than what you'd get from IST? IST is a family business and an actual comic shop... and they know how to package big books so that you will get them in NM+ condition 99.9% of the time. Why would you not support that but risk a nightmare experience where you a) wait for weeks for B&N to finally ship your books, b) find out that they're in bad condition, c) deal with unhelpful customer service people so you can have the pleasure of repeating steps one and two once again? I don't get it.

I've used B&N's 3-for-2 deal before, but only for trades or thin HCs that I don't really care that much about.

Yeah... for a guy sitting outside US where the nearest comic book store is 50miles away with retail price... not much head to scratch I say. Especially when we already manage or expectation. However, I still email complaint letter to b&n about this issue, questioning their packaging method. Good scenario is: eventually they improve their packaging and we can still get our 3for2. It's really give a guy like me huge dollars compared to IST. Not 30%, but half of it. I tried all online bookstore I know, so far this is the one that has the biggest benefit to cost ratio.

It would be nice if someone can advice where can I get the similar deal for non-US geek out here...

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    On the other side of the coin, all of my B&N B2G1 Black Friday purchased N52 Batman HCs showed up in pristine condition and about 2 weeks before my CGN order! They were in a box with air pillows but no damages.
    Yeah I feel bad for those who had unfortunate shipping woes but my experience with b&n has been nothing but stellar for the past 3 years. And compared to IST I'd say its not even close considering i get 42% off their site and here (if you know how to combine books) its nearly 55-60% of each book. But the way b&N raised prices recently IST seems like a better choice currently.

B&N's buy 2 get 1, used in conjunction with a coupon, is by far the best deal you can get outside of the U.S. The cost for IST to ship three omniboo to Canada is $56, compared to $10 from B&N.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsEyes View Post
    Yeah... for a guy sitting outside US where the nearest comic book store is 50miles away with retail price... not much head to scratch I say. Especially when we already manage or expectation. However, I still email complaint letter to b&n about this issue, questioning their packaging method. Good scenario is: eventually they improve their packaging and we can still get our 3for2. It's really give a guy like me huge dollars compared to IST. Not 30%, but half of it. I tried all online bookstore I know, so far this is the one that has the biggest benefit to cost ratio.

It would be nice if someone can advice where can I get the similar deal for non-US geek out here...
    You can't get a better deal, unless you get lucky on ebay.

Posters in the US don't realise how fortunate they are to get 50% off on release week. The B&N sale is ludicrously cheap for international buyers. Yes B&N are not the greatest at shipping, but to me its worth the risk/savings. They can always replace damaged books, they've done so in the past.

Fantastic Member

Where do you get 5%? I calculated my savings over CGN, and it was $90. We're not talking nickels and dimes here.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    Where do you get 5%? I calculated my savings over CGN, and it was $90. We're not talking nickels and dimes here.
    Yeah, the difference between IST and B&N for my order was at least $40 because of that coupon. I also wonder if the issues are relegated to certain warehouses, I placed three orders since the start of the sale and all the books arrived in fine condition.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Where can I track my B&N packages? It has tracking codes but I have no idea where I have to use that code. I tried FedEx, Ups, DHL and a few others but I don't get any results.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Got my 3.99 Marvel Now! Omnibus today. Surprised at the fast turnaround. Book was shrinkwrapped, and looks like it was shipped new. Bad news is it looks to have taken a hit in shipping, major dent in the corner and an almost cracked front cover. Still it was $3.99.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Where can I track my B&N packages? It has tracking codes but I have no idea where I have to use that code. I tried FedEx, Ups, DHL and a few others but I don't get any results.
    Brokers Worldwide ISAL

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Brokers Worldwide ISAL
    Ah, thanks man! Never heard of that company
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    don't bother. it's probably Brokers Worldwide and it's definitely untrackable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Got my 3.99 Marvel Now! Omnibus today. Surprised at the fast turnaround. Book was shrinkwrapped, and looks like it was shipped new. Bad news is it looks to have taken a hit in shipping, major dent in the corner and an almost cracked front cover. Still it was $3.99.
    Would have been $8 for me $4 shipping.. Glad I didnt bite though. Damaged book like that would make me do OCD things.

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    Would have been $8 for me $4 shipping.. Glad I didnt bite though. Damaged book like that would make me do OCD things.
    Well it was going to be used as a doorstop anyways...