Page 52 of 237 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    After complaining to B&N about their shipping time and delayed dispatch times, I got given a full refund.

I'm a bit dumbstruck by that, 3 omnibuses for free. Granted the last one hasn't arrived yet, it might be completely battered to hell but still. That's crazy.
    When some of my B&N absolutes came damaged they replaced them and allowed me to keep the damaged copies. This ammounted to around $150 in lost product for them. You'd think they would just improve their shipping practices...

Oh well. Im not complaining, I've been able to sell my damaged goods and make back a good chunk of the cost of my order.

Makes me wonder if i should complain?
    I ordered mine on Nov 29th. As of Jan 3rd its apparantly in London somewhere. No sign of it yet...

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    When some of my B&N absolutes came damaged they replaced them and allowed me to keep the damaged copies. This ammounted to around $150 in lost product for them. You'd think they would just improve their shipping practices...

Oh well. Im not complaining, I've been able to sell my damaged goods and make back a good chunk of the cost of my order.
    The one order i got was actually packaged quite well. Full of the blue bags of air, there were only a few dings on the dust jacket, but the seal on them was trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Makes me wonder if i should complain?
    I ordered mine on Nov 29th. As of Jan 3rd its apparantly in London somewhere. No sign of it yet...
    I'd complain.

I got a refund easier because i paid for 4-14 day shipping and they still took over a month, 3rd one still isn't here.

Mine was 7-21 days so i might give it a bit longer.
    Though that was shipped on Nov 29th, not ordered.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Mine was 7-21 days so i might give it a bit longer.
    Though that was shipped on Nov 29th, not ordered.
    Put a complaint in their inbox. They are outside of their claimed delivery window and it registers this fact. They may reply asking you to wait.

If the books turn up in the next few days/week or two then just let them know, if it doesn't then you are at least one step ahead in the process. International post get's itself back on track about the 2nd week of Jan in my experience, at least for those in Europe/North America.

In the case above yours, he paid for expidited shipping. In which case you are well within your rights to complain. As mentioned B&N customer service isn't a patch on Amazon but they seem to get things sorted out.... eventually.
    Last edited by Joyus; 01-11-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I just posted this on the” Packaging, Shipping, Refunds & Replacements” thread, but seeing as many of you are discussing the B&N orders on this thread, I’m also posting it here. Please ignore if you've already read it.

Both my B&N 3for2/Black Friday orders finally arrived (fyi in Poland).

The first order put in on Nov 27 was for three “$125” Marvel Omnibuses.
    All 3 books arrived together in one big box which was in a large postal sack. No padding whatsoever, just thrown in, with one piece of tape holding the badly torn box together. Unfortunately, the Omnibuses had some dings. One had a very slightly torn dust jacket and another one had a cracked board cover corner, whereas the third Omnibus on further inspection turned out to be ok. After emailing them, they initially offered me a paltry 10% discount of around $15 off the whole order. I was unimpressed and after a couple of weeks and quite a few emails with “customer service’, someone from “customer care” finally contacted me. Anyway, to cut a long story short with regards to my further lengthy email correspondence with them (placing new orders, replacements etc.), they gave me a refund on the most expensive book (incl. shipping) of around $89, so I ended up paying for only the cheapest Omnibus (incl. shipping) and keeping all 3 Omnibuses.

The second order put in on Nov 30 consisted of two “$125” Marvel Omnibuses and one Absolute.
    Each one came separately and was packaged differently. The first Omnibus came in a cardboard “wrap” and in a large postal sack, Overall, it was fine but with a few slightly bent paper corners. The second Omnibus came in a box a little too large with 2 inflated air bags which were of no help at all and also in a large postal sack. The dust jacket was slightly creased on an edge or two but nothing really of note with maybe a corner ding. The Absolute came in its own DC white box (thankfully!) with 3 deflated air bags in a large box and also in a large postal sack. The Absolute was in perfect condition. I’m pretty happy with these 3 books and probably won’t be contacting B&N further.

There is no logic in B&N’s packaging and shipping at all as one order of 3 books was sent in one box, whereas the second order of 3 books was split into three. I of course told them that they would save a lot of hassle in the form of complaints and refunds, if they just took a little extra care and packaged their books better. Anyway, this probably fell on deaf ears. Will I be ordering from them again? At this point, I’m not sure. They did kind of come through in the end and with their 3for2+Black Friday deals they are still one of the cheapest options available for Europeans. A lot depends on whether they’ll have anything I want and at what price.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyus View Post
    Put a complaint in their inbox. They are outside of their claimed delivery window and it registers this fact. They may reply asking you to wait.

If the books turn up in the next few days/week or two then just let them know, if it doesn't then you are at least one step ahead in the process. International post get's itself back on track about the 2nd week of Jan in my experience, at least for those in Europe/North America.

In the case above yours, he paid for expidited shipping. In which case you are well within your rights to complain. As mentioned B&N customer service isn't a patch on Amazon but they seem to get things sorted out.... eventually.
    Wouldnt ya know it turned up this morning.
    Poorly packaged as expected, but other than one dinged corner and shredded shrink wrap it arrived in a decent enough condition.

Not sure im gonna use B&N again though. Even with the 3 for 2 offer.

All-New Member

Hey guys, 20% off with free shipping at http://www.powells.com. Some great deals on used books (which are typically in amazing shape). You can get the first four HCs of Tomasi's Batman and Robin for under $10 each.

All-New Member

Not sure if this will spark much interest but there is a amazon marketplace seller offering the Marvel now omnibus for $8.99 with $3.99 shipping. Worth it for the curiosity/can't pass up a deal factor?? You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedhead View Post
    Hey guys, 20% off with free shipping at http://www.powells.com. Some great deals on used books (which are typically in amazing shape). You can get the first four HCs of Tomasi's Batman and Robin for under $10 each.
    Thanks, I picked up Star Wars: Luke Skywalker, Last Hope for the Galaxy for $48 shipped.

Amazon.co.uk has 50 per cent off the preorder for Avengers Epic collection Behold the vision coming in at 12.99 stg

With the Swiss Franc free floating again I have a permanent 15-20% discount on everything suddenly. Evil laughter :-)
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

All-New Member

Might have to pick up that Marvel Now Omnibus because I haven't read any of these issues beside nova. Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Phakaday; 01-16-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phakaday View Post
    Might have to pick up that Marvel Now Omnibus because I haven't read any of these issues beside nova. Thanks for the heads up.
    Do you have channel about comics on YT?

Quote Originally Posted by Phakaday View Post
    Amazon marketplace has it for < $13 shipped.