Page 56 of 237 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    ^

Thanks for th quick reply. One more question: Can anyone here speak to the quality of the stories in the Luke Skywalker: Last Hope of the Galaxy hardcover? I've never read Star Wars comics, but the sale on these deluxe HCs seems like a good place to start.
    I have the Like Skywalker book but haven't yet read it. The stories are from Dark Horse and Marvel with varying art.

It's a thick type Omnibus HC but slightly taller in a slipcase. The paper is of a good quality and it's all very nicely presented. Quality wise, it's one of my best HCs if not the best. At $25, it's also a total steal. You won't be disappointed. If you are, it can be sold at a nice profit when it goes OOP following the next wave of SW films

Double post.

Bought 3 HCs from Speedyhen.
    One was the wrong item ordered. My fault. Doh!
    Requested refund. Sent book back. Payed P&P. Grrr...
    Speedyhen refund entire order instead of the one book.
    Soooo, got two big HCs for the £2.80 it cost me in return postage.

The moral quandry begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I have the Like Skywalker book but haven't yet read it. The stories are from Dark Horse and Marvel with varying art.

It's a thick type Omnibus HC but slightly taller in a slipcase. The paper is of a good quality and it's all very nicely presented. Quality wise, it's one of my best HCs if not the best. At $25, it's also a total steal. You won't be disappointed. If you are, it can be sold at a nice profit when it goes OOP following the next wave of SW films
    Ordered this book for myself for Christmas when TFAW had it for $20 and free S&H on cyber Monday. I absolutely love it and whole heartedly recommend it! I read thru it in about a week and a half. It's great. Many of the DH stories, I'd never read (I'd only read Dark Empire before) and I enjoyed them all. It's one of my favorite omnibus books in my collection. I would buy it and recommend at cover price I like it so much. The build quality is also second to none.
    Last edited by grahamgg; 01-24-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Just letting you know, there is auction on eBay for vol 1-5 of Punisher Max if somebody's looking. Don't know why we can't post links to eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    TASCHEN books has a sale going on:

http://www.taschen.com/pages/de/cata...startseite.htm

they have the silver age dc book for 20€
    Thanks for that! Didn't find anything comics related for myself but just made my gf very happy by ordering the collected works of Gustav Klimt book.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Well, I pulled the trigger on The Star Wars Deluxe and Luke Skywalker: Last Hope for the Galaxy HCs from the TFAW sale. Pretty excited about the 75% off - free shipping to boot. Are there any other very nice hardcover Star Wars comics like these (from Dark Horse)? I love me some deluxe Dark Horse releases. Best in the game.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Well, I pulled the trigger on The Star Wars Deluxe and Luke Skywalker: Last Hope for the Galaxy HCs from the TFAW sale. Pretty excited about the 75% off - free shipping to boot. Are there any other very nice hardcover Star Wars comics like these (from Dark Horse)? I love me some deluxe Dark Horse releases. Best in the game.
    Not in that size, but they do have the undersized Star Wars: Legacy hardcovers.

*sigh*
    Dare I ask if this sale is still going on and if there is a needed discount code?
    As if I need to spend more money on more books.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Thanks for the heads up on the TFAW star wars sale. got the slipcase edition of The Star Wars, got the Droids Omnibus and one of the art books.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    Not in that size, but they do have the undersized Star Wars: Legacy hardcovers.
    I thought about those Legacy hardcovers also but of recent I'd spent enough as it was.

It's a shame and strange that Dark Horse didn't produce more slipcase editions before Marvel took over. I would of been all over them.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Just letting you know, there is auction on eBay for vol 1-5 of Punisher Max if somebody's looking. Don't know why we can't post links to eBay.
    It's against the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks guys for the tip. I've been looking for a decent price for that Star Wars Deluxe Edition. I put an order in and also threw in the Star Wars #1 First print single issue. Shipping works out at $13.56 to Poland, which is still a fantastic deal considering the price that deluxe is going for in Europe.
    You got me interested but shipping to UK is almost 60 dollars!!!What the hell.

EDIT:

Oh, ok, so when I have one book in basket p&p costs me 13.56 but with two books it's almost 60. Doesn't make any sense, I can make two separate orders and pay less for shipping than for one order with two books. This is madness.

EDIT 2:

I had it wrong, for Luke Skywalker book they want 46$ for p&p. Nope.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 01-26-2015 at 03:49 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    You got me interested but shipping to UK is almost 60 dollars!!!What the hell.

EDIT:

Oh, ok, so when I have one book in basket p&p costs me 13.56 but with two books it's almost 60. Doesn't make any sense, I can make two separate orders and pay less for shipping than for one order with two books. This is madness.

EDIT 2:

I had it wrong, for Luke Skywalker book they want 46$ for p&p. Nope.
    It's weight based. For example I have 5 books (Star Legacy 1+3, the Deluxe Star wars, Creepy Presents Bernie Wrightson and Bad Company) and shipping costs me $20 (actually 30 but I used the NAMOR coupon)
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    *sigh*
    Dare I ask if this sale is still going on and if there is a needed discount code?
    As if I need to spend more money on more books.
    Looks like the sale is still going. I got the free shipping by signing up for their newsletter. Saved about $14 by doing that. Hopefully the books arrive in good shape.