Page 62 of 237 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I'm going to throw in my disdain for "Cheap Graphic Novels" real quick. They have some true jerks working there. I only shop ist and amazon currently.
    I'm the same. I've boycotted CGN for over a year now. What was your reason?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Here's one for you. IST has Locke & Key Special Edition HC books 2 and 3 for $25 each. That's a 75% discount!

http://http://www.instocktrades.com/...AMES/DEC120470

http://http://www.instocktrades.com/...DOWS/OCT130332
    indeed! Thanks for the tip!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I'm the same. I've boycotted CGN for over a year now. What was your reason?
    Nice to know it's not just me. I'll spare everyone the nitty gritty, but the guy hung up on me over a missing package, back when you could still call the shop they associated with. I'm a pretty mild-mannered person and fairly polite, so take it as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    It doesn't make any sense to buy second and third volumes and not to have other special editions. Especially if to remember about upcoming Master editions hardovers.
    Yep. Wondering myself if there's value to these editions even without the first or any later volumes. Is the collection of scripts enough? Are those collected anywhere else? I could imagine picking these up even if they're the only volumes I have, but personally not yet making that decision for this particular series. But it wouldn't bother me too much to only have a couple of them if it was one of my favorite titles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Yep. Wondering myself if there's value to these editions even without the first or any later volumes. Is the collection of scripts enough? Are those collected anywhere else? I could imagine picking these up even if they're the only volumes I have, but personally not yet making that decision for this particular series. But it wouldn't bother me too much to only have a couple of them if it was one of my favorite titles.
    IDW milks their franchises hard if TMNT is any indication. If you pass on these editions I'm sure they'll put out some new spin on a deluxe edition for all of the books in the series in the near future as long as they have the publishing rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    These are great oversized library editions books, printing on thick quality paper (production quality is of a high standard). To give you an idea, the inner book of the box described in details here http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...w-limited.html is pretty identical to the "regular" version (signed page + colour of the IDW logo).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    These are great oversized library editions books, printing on thick quality paper (production quality is of a high standard). To give you an idea, the inner book of the box described in details here http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...w-limited.html is pretty identical to the "regular" version (signed page + colour of the IDW logo).
    I had the first one, but didn't really prefer it. I didn't think the art benefited from being that size, and I wasn't interested in the script. Plus, an edition that size for six issues of story really didn't appeal to me. I thought the binding was the best I've seen, though, and the pages were thick. The cover was also nice and thick, too. I like the overall look of them, since the same editor who invented Absolutes is responsible for it.

I'm waiting for the Master Editions, personally. I think they're the best compromise, since I don't think they'd collect it all in one omnibus as it is against Joe Hill's wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Nice to know it's not just me. I'll spare everyone the nitty gritty, but the guy hung up on me over a missing package, back when you could still call the shop they associated with. I'm a pretty mild-mannered person and fairly polite, so take it as you will.
    What's with not being able to call the shop anymore? I called once last year to ask a simple question and was told this wasn't CGN. Did they split?

It sucks being in California since buying from CGN is not worth it at all. Shipping plus tax makes things way more expensive than IST.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    It sucks being in California since buying from CGN is not worth it at all. Shipping plus tax makes things way more expensive than IST.
    I was tax free with IST when their warehouse/operation was in Indiana. In Dec '14 they opened up in TN(Memphis), we have no income tax, so it's a smart business move for them. However, I now pay sales tax. I just consider that a trade off on the Free Shipping. I still prefer them 95% of the time or greater.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

For UK folks: Rakuten has a 15% coupon code again "Get 15% OFF when you spend £10 or more* with coupon: FEB15%OFF". Also you can "Get £5 back in Super Points to use against your next purchase if you use the coupon".
    I would recommend everybody to subscribe their newsletter for these kind of promotions because speedyhen is on the rakuten marketplace and their prices are usually the best ones in the UK (the selection is a bit weaker compared to their website but you can find a lot of good stuff. I just bought the first 2 Chew omnivores using coupons and superpoints, also, last time when I bought the JSA omnibus, I got a tons of superpoints with that offer and got the JLA v5 tpb basically for free using those).

There is also some sale on Forbidden Planet for comics from 2000AD. Only today, seen some tweet today.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    For UK folks: Rakuten has a 15% coupon code again "Get 15% OFF when you spend £10 or more* with coupon: FEB15%OFF". Also you can "Get £5 back in Super Points to use against your next purchase if you use the coupon".
    I would recommend everybody to subscribe their newsletter for these kind of promotions because speedyhen is on the rakuten marketplace and their prices are usually the best ones in the UK (the selection is a bit weaker compared to their website but you can find a lot of good stuff. I just bought the first 2 Chew omnivores using coupons and superpoints, also, last time when I bought the JSA omnibus, I got a tons of superpoints with that offer and got the JLA v5 tpb basically for free using those).
    Nice tip on the discount...

However, there's a reason Speedyhen are one of the least expensive in the UK...because their packaging for anything heavier than a deluxe is an absolute disgrace (much like Book Depository and Amazon).

All they do is wrap a thin cardboard shell around books, so anything like an Omnibus or Absolute edition has minimal protection...heavier the book, more likely to be damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    There is also some sale on Forbidden Planet for comics from 2000AD. Only today, seen some tweet today.
    for example? their websites's search engine and sorting options are kinda crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Deviskan View Post
    Nice tip on the discount...

However, there's a reason Speedyhen are one of the least expensive in the UK...because their packaging for anything heavier than a deluxe is an absolute disgrace (much like Book Depository and Amazon).

All they do is wrap a thin cardboard shell around books, so anything like an Omnibus or Absolute edition has minimal protection...heavier the book, more likely to be damaged.
    I'm so used to this kind of packaging I don't even care about it (back at Hungary bookdepository was usually my only option, or sometimes speedyhen through amazon). My paperbacks usually come with some sort of dent or bump, but I really couldn't care anymore. It's easier for my wallet and I don't get a tumor either.