Page 7 of 237 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    What does Ist stand for?
    victorxd1999 beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    InStockTrades.com. It's an often used site for trades and hardcovers. They usually have new omniboo for 50% off first weekend.
    Great! I hope the shipping costs aren't too high for europe....going to check it!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Great! I hope the shipping costs aren't too high for europe....going to check it!
    Shipping to Europe is quite high, but they do have a very good packaging system so some Non-Americans prefer it over Amazon if only because they know it will arrive in good condition.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    I had both in my cart but vol 2 went out of stock as I took time to decide whether to add Parker Martini Ed. Also lost hellboy v6.

I personally think CGN had a great sale because its always DC and Marvel when it comes to these big sale bonanzas. But this one had many other publishers and a much wider variety of books with good discounts.
    Yeah, I really wish B&N had Taschen's "Winsor McCay: The Complete Little Nemo" and "75 Years of Marvel Comics" included in the 3for2. But then again, such beautiful books could suffer due to B&N's unpredictable packaging.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Mile High Comics have a 60% off THANKSGIVING codeword discount:

"This 60% off codeword applies immediately to all ten million back issue comics and magazines that we offer on our website, excluding only new comics, a few variant editions, and our CGC-graded comics. Our THANKSGIVING codeword applies only for the next 96 hours, however, ending promptly at noon, on Saturday. At that point, our current 50% off BLACKFRIDAY codeword sale will return for a few days."

Also:

"Before I go, I did want to mention for those of you who are building your own personal library of classic comics stories that we have 700+ trade paperbacks and hardbacks selected that we can offer you today at a full 50% (!) off. Please be aware, however, that this half price book sale is also in effect for you for just the next 96 hours, ending at noon on Saturday."

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Shipping to Europe is quite high, but they do have a very good packaging system so some Non-Americans prefer it over Amazon if only because they know it will arrive in good condition.
    Sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Mile High Comics have a 60% off THANKSGIVING codeword discount:

"This 60% off codeword applies immediately to all ten million back issue comics and magazines that we offer on our website, excluding only new comics, a few variant editions, and our CGC-graded comics. Our THANKSGIVING codeword applies only for the next 96 hours, however, ending promptly at noon, on Saturday. At that point, our current 50% off BLACKFRIDAY codeword sale will return for a few days."

Also:

"Before I go, I did want to mention for those of you who are building your own personal library of classic comics stories that we have 700+ trade paperbacks and hardbacks selected that we can offer you today at a full 50% (!) off. Please be aware, however, that this half price book sale is also in effect for you for just the next 96 hours, ending at noon on Saturday."
    Don't they have 50-60% off codes all year long?
    Since their price is also triple that of mycomicshop?^^

Fantastic Member

Cost of shipping of seven trades was $34.20 for me. On Amazon, that would be $31.92. Small difference in cost, huge in packaging.

Amazing Member

I'm from Europe - and IST is the best source for me . Packeging is buletproof and prices are nice. Of course shipping could be cheaper - but it is not so bad after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Cost of shipping of seven trades was $34.20 for me. On Amazon, that would be $31.92. Small difference in cost, huge in packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by raskoks View Post
    I'm from Europe - and IST is the best source for me . Packeging is buletproof and prices are nice. Of course shipping could be cheaper - but it is not so bad after all.
    Out of curiosity, how does IST compare in price to cheap-comics.com? A lot of European members have raved about it's fair prices and great shipping.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how does IST compare in price to cheap-comics.com? A lot of European members have raved about it's fair prices and great shipping.
    Cheap-comics' normal prices (so without discount) are usually about 66% of the retail price in euro's (so a $50 book would be about €32.50) which isn't that low but the shipping's very good and they offer very nice discounts like €30 for X-Statix omni and €10 for Daredevil by Brubaker complete collection vol 1.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

You should have gotten an email confirmation by now. Check your order status and see what it says. Don't hesitate to email them. Hopefully they'll be quick to respond.

EDIT: Check your spam folder first just in case!
    I still don't have an email but, I have a temporary authorization on my credit card so I guess it's all good.

Cheap-comics has great packaging, my main shop and I never received anything damaged.
    It's not IST/CGN cheap... but for Europe it's great I think.

But if you order on European amazons shipping is cheap.. and if I order from the German one it's actually free.
    So actually quite the difference.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    Cheap-comics has great packaging, my main shop and I never received anything damaged.
    It's not IST/CGN cheap... but for Europe it's great I think.

But if you order on European amazons shipping is cheap.. and if I order from the German one it's actually free.
    So actually quite the difference.
    for some omnis and glitch-priced stuff i have started to use amazon.com (being from germany). i haven't received anything yet (alias is on it's way), so i'll have to see if the condition will be ok, but it sometimes is definetely cheaper to buy the same product from .com.
    i also ordered a lot of trades through amazon.de from marketplace shop "books_any_usa" or "books_any" on amazon.co.uk. it takes a while for the stuff to arrive, but the packaging was always very good, never had any problems with custom taxes (they tend to declare a lesser value on the packages), so i can really recommend them.

I don't know where you live, but in my country amazon offers free shipping.
    So all the money i save on IST, would be "balanced" by Amazon free shipping cost. I should find someone who'd like to share the shipping costs with me!