Page 8 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Mile High Comics have a 60% off THANKSGIVING codeword discount:

"This 60% off codeword applies immediately to all ten million back issue comics and magazines that we offer on our website, excluding only new comics, a few variant editions, and our CGC-graded comics. Our THANKSGIVING codeword applies only for the next 96 hours, however, ending promptly at noon, on Saturday. At that point, our current 50% off BLACKFRIDAY codeword sale will return for a few days."
    They are awful and should be your last resort to get a comic you need. I've had delayed shipments, wrong books with no response, improper grading. It's a complete crap shoot, and it's annoying how unreasonably high their prices are to begin with (not to mention their terrible website).
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    If the BFriday code isn't personalized, then that changes things for me...ALOT.
    I did a quick scan of the smallprint and 99% sure the code works once per billing address.

Not a problem if you've got two or someone else's credit card.

I know this isn't a deal about collected editions, but I'll flag that this week there's a sale on X-Men DVDs and Blu-Rays on Amazon. I'm picking up Days of Future Past and The Wolverine for like 80% off.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    They are awful and should be your last resort to get a comic you need. I've had delayed shipments, wrong books with no response, improper grading. It's a complete crap shoot, and it's annoying how unreasonably high their prices are to begin with (not to mention their terrible website).
    A couple of years back, when I purchased a ton of single issues from them (I probably purchased at least 200 in total), I didn't have any major problems. There were a few single issues that I didn't feel were correct with the displayed grading so I contacted them. They were quite good about it and gave me a part discount/refund.

I never had a problem with shipments, and I had about four big ones as well as the fact that they were all delivered to Poland.

I do agree, however, that their website is pretty "inflexible" and not always the best when searching for a comic. And yes, their prices are high, but if you apply the 40-60% discounts, they work out at pretty similar to other online stores. I would suggest to never buy the NEWSTAND single issues, as they are massively overpriced.

I haven't ordered from them in quite a while and the only collected edition I purchased from them was a Marvel Masterworks Daredevil HC for half price when they had a sale on.

Fantastic Member

Someone asked about the dates of the Newbury Comics B2G1 sale. It's goes through 12/14.

I've been to a couple stores and they have a few omnibus. I picked up Marvel Zombies, Man-Thing and Remender's Punisher. Punisher was reduced to $50, as was Man-Thing. Zombies was $60. So the 3 came to $110. Not bad. Many of the stores have those 3, and you have a good chance of finding Evolutionary War, New Avengers, Avengers, Untold Tales of Spiderman, Ultimate Spiderman, Squadron Sumpreme, X-Static. All of these are about 50%. Couple that with the B2G1 free and you can do well. A couple of the stores also have Age of Apocalypse and Wolverine and the X-Men, but they are not discounted.

They're also practically giving away some of the Tpbs. My son likes the Ultimate Universe. The X-Men and FF4 Tpbs are all $2.99 to $4.99 as well as B2G1 free. He's going to do well at X-Mas this year.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I placed a "Black Friday Week Long Sale" order with CGN on Monday. I got a "order has been processed" email confirmation minutes after so to that poster who didn't get one I'd advise you shoot them an email. I've not gotten a "your item(s) have shipped email" yet but they prepared us it may take awhile. It is my first order with them since March, they do send out a "it's shipped" email right?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    IST has their Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal up: 45% off, DC, Marvel, Image & DH. 40% off Boom!, Dynamite, IDW, Fantagraphics.

I'm not compelled to buy anything extra with this deal.
    This is my main place to buy books on week of release for when I just have to have it but their "sale" is so unimpressive I'm not bothering. I have the extra 2% till Friday and my place an order on a book or two that I've not yet seen appear in any sales: AoA Companion, Infinity Companion, Wolverine & X-men
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Also, re: CGN - log in, go to your Account page, and do an "all-time" search for your orders. You should see your order there with a status that is not "Failed" if it actually placed. Times that I've ordered and PayPal failed to complete its connection the order comes up "Failed" and I have to do it again.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

+ 1,000
    'nuff said

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

If placing an order at TFAW, use the code NAMOR to get $10 off the shipping method you choose.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    If placing an order at TFAW, use the code NAMOR to get $10 off the shipping method you choose.
    ...and don't forget it only works with your first order

I'm down with that codeword

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

What's the best place to get hold of the Age of Apocalypse Omnibus for non-crazy prices?

Also, re: CGN - log in, go to your Account page, and do an "all-time" search for your orders. You should see your order there with a status that is not "Failed" if it actually placed. Times that I've ordered and PayPal failed to complete its connection the order comes up "Failed" and I have to do it again.
    Well I got an email from Max saying I had no order in their system so I had to reorder and missed out on a lot of deals. Colossal Conan, Powers Definitive, G I Joe IDW 4, Deadpool Dracula's Gauntlet and others.

any chance cgn restocks on fear agent library v2? before the sale is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    What's the best place to get hold of the Age of Apocalypse Omnibus for non-crazy prices?
    I got mine at a small convention in September for cover price. So just luck I guess.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor