Page 9 of 237 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marth555 View Post
    any chance cgn restocks on fear agent library v2? before the sale is over?
    Doubtful. If you look up whatever book you want, you'll notice there are two listings, one at regular discount price, and the other at Black Friday discount.
    For something like Fear Agent vol.2, they probably have a predetermined number of books they're willing to get rid of for cheap.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 11-26-2014 at 11:46 PM.

B&N BFRIDAY14 coupon is working great. Just create multiple accounts with a different email for each one and you can continue to use the coupon. I've used the same name and shipping address for 4 orders and they have all worked. Lets just hope most of these don't turn up damaged.

Fantastic Member

As international buyer (ok, as a buyer living in Russia - far from all these nice US and European comic book stores) I'm a little bit disappointed by this year's Black Friday deals.
    CGN - too expensive shipping anyway
    IST - what's the deal? They have the same discounts every day, so what's the deal?
    B&N - i think the most preferred variant for me. Buy 2, get 3 program + BF coupon seems like a nice deal. But it's only for dc and marvel and it is a pity

Fantastic Member

sorry double post
    Last edited by Roland1580; 11-27-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by billabonghotrod View Post
    B&N BFRIDAY14 coupon is working great. Just create multiple accounts with a different email for each one and you can continue to use the coupon. I've used the same name and shipping address for 4 orders and they have all worked. Lets just hope most of these don't turn up damaged.
    Really considering biting the bullet on this one! This would get me Animal Man Omnibus, The Stand Omnibus, and Sandman Vol.2 Omnibus for 145 euros.

The only thing keeping me from clicking are the bad packaging reviews and the bad customer service reviews when shipping internationally. If some has some sort of positive feedback that would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Really considering biting the bullet on this one! This would get me Animal Man Omnibus, The Stand Omnibus, and Sandman Vol.2 Omnibus for 145 euros.

The only thing keeping me from clicking are the bad packaging reviews and the bad customer service reviews when shipping internationally. If some has some sort of positive feedback that would be greatly appreciated!
    I just recently got a shipment from them(DC One Million, Hickman F4, and Absolute Batman and Robin, which was separate). Like everyone says, packaging wasn't good, but everything turned out alright.

Now I'm no mathematician, but what would be the best method of pairing up these books to get the most out of our discount? They say 3 books of the same price but if you factor in the 30 percent off coupon,I'd imagine that changes things quite a bit. For example, I just bought Daredevil(68), Alias(61), and Annihilation(86>60 w/coupon). Would pairing Annihilation with JSA(78) and Deadpool(77), given me more for my $$?

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post

I've ordered from them a few times, mostly Absolutes, and had nearly all turn up in good nick. I think for the price its worth it, they do replace damaged books too.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for both your feedbacks!

@Thesanmich: The way I see it is (and I thought about it a lot as well), get the books you want the most and don't look too much at the prices. If you want them all, then definitely try and get the most expensive ones since the free book is going to be the least expensive (so might as well get an expensive one for free), and the discount is applied on the most expensive one.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I just recently got a shipment from them(DC One Million, Hickman F4, and Absolute Batman and Robin, which was separate). Like everyone says, packaging wasn't good, but everything turned out alright.

Now I'm no mathematician, but what would be the best method of pairing up these books to get the most out of our discount? They say 3 books of the same price but if you factor in the 30 percent off coupon,I'd imagine that changes things quite a bit. For example, I just bought Daredevil(68), Alias(61), and Annihilation(86>60 w/coupon). Would pairing Annihilation with JSA(78) and Deadpool(77), given me more for my $$?
    Essentially, the more you spend, the more money you save with a 30% off coupon. With the 3 for 2 sale you save the most money if the prices are very similiar (so 3 $60 books for example). So you get the most savings with both deals if you buy the 3 most expensive books with almost the same price.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    What's the best place to get hold of the Age of Apocalypse Omnibus for non-crazy prices?
    There was couple on Amazon.de for about 80euros, couple days ago. Check it

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raskoks View Post
    There was couple on Amazon.de for about 80euros, couple days ago. Check it
    They're out of stock I think. I'll place an order just in case.

And putting my money where my mouth is; just ordered PunisherMax, Alias and F4 Hickman v2 Omnibus For $154US shipped. Roughly $50US each is a damn good price. With the 30% off coupon applied to F4 v2, all books were around $60-65 so maximised the discount from the free book.

Will have to find a couple of books to go with the Trial of Captain America Omnibus, will see what is available when it releases mid December.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

After a bit of testing I found out that if you have 3 $60 books for the B&N sale, and you apply the 30% coupon it still sees the cheapest $60 copy as the one for free even though the one where the 30% off is applied is technically cheaper.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

I'm a bankrupt ;-). Just use these code and order Teen Titans Omni, 52 Omni and Invincibles - 192$ with shippment to Europe - damn good deal
    Worse thing is that i already use T2G3 promotions about 3 weeks ago. So it is too much for my budget.

Well, no presents for my family this year.

Cheap-comics: Xmen by Claremont & Lee Omnibus Vol. 1 + Tom Strong HC Vol 2,4,6 = -£75.00
    B&N Black Friday: Xmen by Coaremont & Lee Omnibus Vol.2, Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 & Absolute DC The New Frontier: £95.00

Not bad considering its all international. Just hope everything arrives in one piece :/