Page 99 of 237 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3549

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Where do people in the UK go for good deals? I used to use Amazon but not a fan of their trade practises so have ditched them. I'm currently using Reed comics, but they are really slow; decent discount though. They charge me 50% of the US price in pounds. So a $20 trade is £10, which works out at a 30%ish percent discount.

Is there any other site people use on a regular basis?
    I buy all my omnibi from speedyhen's website. $125 omnis are £50 and $100 are £40. The massive ones are around £56
    Last edited by Dr Strange; 06-14-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I mostly amazon on a regular basis, there isn't anyone that compares to their price savings. Most of the people you can go to are just people who sell on amazon but have their own storefronts
    like speedyhen.com and Bookdepository.com Wordery is usually really expensive in comparison to the previous 2,
    http://www.prgrafix.co.uk is always worth checking out for some older stuff,
    rakuten is great if there is an offer on.

but that's kind of it.

EDIT - I forgot to mention abebooks.co.uk you can occasionally find good deals on there, but their search system SUCKS so get a book ISBN number from amazon to search.
    reeeeeaaaalllllyyyy? Usually the cheapest sellers on amazon are speedyhen and wordery and their prices are 1-2 pounds more than on their websites. Amazon itself is rarely cheaper than speedyhen or wordery too.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    reeeeeaaaalllllyyyy? Usually the cheapest sellers on amazon are speedyhen and wordery and their prices are 1-2 pounds more than on their websites. Amazon itself is rarely cheaper than speedyhen or wordery too.
    It is for the stuff I look for. Maybe it's different for hardcovers?

It is for the stuff I look for. Maybe it's different for hardcovers?
    I looked for paperbacks as well, although not recently. I noticed that the cheaper a book is the smaller the price difference gets between websites.

I looked for paperbacks as well, although not recently. I noticed that the cheaper a book is the smaller the price difference gets between websites.
    I too rarely find anywhere cheaper than speedyhen. Only problem is the packaging and them not keeping things in stock.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I think the majority of the deals posted are European-centric, so it could seem like not many deals have been posted that have useful to U.S. folk. That being said, those of us in the U.S. all have access to INCREDIBLE deals on books every week that Europeans don't. In the U.S., it's the same incredible deal every week: "This book is half off U.S. cover price this week!" So, it's understandable that most of these posts would be for mainly European users who don't always have access to the deals we do.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I think the majority of the deals posted are European-centric, so it could seem like not many deals have been posted that have useful to U.S. folk. That being said, those of us in the U.S. all have access to INCREDIBLE deals on books every week that Europeans don't. In the U.S., it's the same incredible deal every week: "This book is half off U.S. cover price this week!" So, it's understandable that most of these posts would be for mainly European users who don't always have access to the deals we do.
    I agree, if you people know what we pay for comics over here you would be amazed. Most of the time coverprice is a good deal here i Denmark with exchangerate, tax, shipping ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    I buy all my omnibi from speedyhen's website. $125 omnis are £50 and $100 are £40. The massive ones are around £56
    That's a decent price, I'll check them out.

speedyhen, wordery. You can get nice deals from them (and paperbackshop UK) through rakuten uk if there is a coupon. speedyhen's packiging is ahit or miss but I didn't have any problems with them. Wordery is a bit better, especially if you order a few books in one order.
    also this site for comparing prices: isbns.co.uk

I mostly amazon on a regular basis, there isn't anyone that compares to their price savings. Most of the people you can go to are just people who sell on amazon but have their own storefronts
    like speedyhen.com and Bookdepository.com Wordery is usually really expensive in comparison to the previous 2,
    http://www.prgrafix.co.uk is always worth checking out for some older stuff,
    rakuten is great if there is an offer on.

but that's kind of it.

EDIT - I forgot to mention abebooks.co.uk you can occasionally find good deals on there, but their search system SUCKS so get a book ISBN number from amazon to search.

I'll check out these peeps too, I usually buy in bulk, 2-3 times a year and get as much as I can in one go, so I'm ideally looking for a smaller service that I can just send a list to.

Thanks for the tips and I'll look at all these places.

Amazing Member

Hi guys,

Anybody had issues when ordering from http://www.prgrafix.co.uk/?
    I made an order on the 20th May and got a shipped message on the 21st.

However I haven't received the books, and already made 2 attemps to ask them for an update or if they have a tracking number or whatever.

Till date no reply to my contacts (1 with the contact form, other directly on the order).
    So I'm getting a little worried...

EBAY UK CODE

20% off anything over £20, max discount is £50.

I just bought X-Men Inferno Prologue and saved £12.

Expires midnight tonight and can only be used once per Paypal account so if you've got multiple ones, lucky you!

code: CTWENTY

Quote Originally Posted by No_Problem View Post
    Hi guys,

Anybody had issues when ordering from http://www.prgrafix.co.uk/?
    I made an order on the 20th May and got a shipped message on the 21st.

However I haven't received the books, and already made 2 attemps to ask them for an update or if they have a tracking number or whatever.

Till date no reply to my contacts (1 with the contact form, other directly on the order).
    So I'm getting a little worried...
    They can be a little … crappy with responding.

I had an order go missing with them, and they resent one of the books and refunded one that wasn't in stock.

They're very reliable but I think it's a side business run by one guy so it's kinda hard waiting for replies. But they definitely aren't scam artists or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    That's right! And we've all been told we aren't supposed to post deals outside of this thread (we used to always post them in the Marvel thread), yet I could wade through literally dozens of pages of this thread and not find a "good deal" pertinent to American buyers, so this thread has become useless to me and my fellow Americans.
    And most of the deals posted in the Marvel thread before this one was created, were almost exclusively US ones. Fairs fair imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    That's right! And we've all been told we aren't supposed to post deals outside of this thread (we used to always post them in the Marvel thread), yet I could wade through literally dozens of pages of this thread and not find a "good deal" pertinent to American buyers, so this thread has become useless to me and my fellow Americans.
    Well Americans can buy most books 50% off at release.
    I'd trade all the European deals for that in a heartbeat.

Ps most deals here are actually UK only.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Maybe we should speak to one of the Mods about splitting the thread in to two? One for US and one for Europe?

That might make the good Dr happy (it's unlikely but still)
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

The deals in this thread are only here because people post them.

If you can't see many deals for your respective country, it's because people from that area aren't posting them.

I'm surprised there haven't been more US deals considering the size of that country and their book/comic seller businesses online.

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    Well Americans can buy most books 50% off at release.
    I'd trade all the European deals for that in a heartbeat.

Ps most deals here are actually UK only.
    Exactly.

IST would be a dream in the EU, 50% off and free shipping plus 2% off consecutive orders. We'd kill for a site like that, but we have to settle for hunting down stuff by ourselves.

I imagine most deals in the Netherlands would be on the dutch version of eBay?

Amazing Member

They can be a little … crappy with responding.

I had an order go missing with them, and they resent one of the books and refunded one that wasn't in stock.

They're very reliable but I think it's a side business run by one guy so it's kinda hard waiting for replies. But they definitely aren't scam artists or anything.
    not sure if I should keep emailing or just wait now....

it's been already a week since my last attempt

Quote Originally Posted by No_Problem View Post
    not sure if I should keep emailing or just wait now....

it's been already a week since my last attempt
    Definitely keep emailing them.

Have you tried emailing grafix@prbooks.co.uk? That's the one I got replies from and emailed back.