Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Kara Danvers

+
    Kal-El

=
    Carol Danvers Supergirl! aka Car-Ell Superman! With BOOBS!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    'The hail is this?
    The merger of DC's Kara Danvers and Kal-El

At least in the movie she don't used that name.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Comic Geek in General

In the 60’s, Marvel Girl was the weakest (before she got various retcon updgrades to her power level) yet now she’s one of the more popular X Members......I’d say maybe one of the X Statix.....

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    In the 60’s, Marvel Girl was the weakest (before she got various retcon updgrades to her power level) yet now she’s one of the more popular X Members......I’d say maybe one of the X Statix.....
    hmmm. just my opinion but, in the context of the X-Men, she was already one of the more popular members. she was the only female in the book. and i wouldn't call her any weaker than Angel or Iceman. she could move things with her mind. going entirely by the standards of that era, she was was a step above the Invisible Girl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Hellcat, Sif, Sue Storm, Scarlet Witch, Jessica Jones, Spider Woman, X-23 & Kate Bishop. Marvel has a lot of them.
    Only a lot of marvel comics 'wonder women' to be lame? None of marvel comics 'supermen'?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hmmm. just my opinion but, in the context of the X-Men, she was already one of the more popular members. she was the only female in the book. and i wouldn't call her any weaker than Angel or Iceman. she could move things with her mind. going entirely by the standards of that era, she was was a step above the Invisible Girl.
    Yeah, this was back in the day when Iceman threw snowballs and Angel, was, well, Angel. Marvel Girl blew both of them out of the water, even back when her telekinesis was limited to about as much as she could lift, physically.

It is true that Marvel hasn't had quite as much of a focus on a ladies-only book like DC's Birds of Prey, with attempts like the Fearless Defenders or A-Force getting a *much* shorter run, and long after DC's ladies-run team, and had less solo books devoted to a female character like DC's Wonder Woman, despite their relatively recent push of Carol Danvers.

IMO, the focus should perhaps have gone on someone who is less like Wonder Woman or Supergirl, thematically or visually (just as, again, IMO, Marvel's strongest male characters are not the ones who ape Superman or Batman, Flash or Green Lantern, but the more 'Marvel' Hulks and Spider-Men and Iron Men and Thors, which brings us back to people like Jean Grey, or Storm, or the Invisible Woman, who have power-sets generally not already linked to a more famous DC property), but I'm just a backseat driver on this journey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Hellcat, Sif, Sue Storm, Scarlet Witch, Jessica Jones, Spider Woman, X-23 & Kate Bishop. Marvel has a lot of them.
    Yet, 2 of them were appearing in a Marvel Netflix series, 1 of them in a Thor movie and guest-starring in the AOS series while 2 others will be appearing in Disney+ series come 2021

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Yet, 2 of them were appearing in a Marvel Netflix series, 1 of them in a Thor movie and guest-starring in the AOS series while 2 others will be appearing in Disney+ series come 2021
    Fame and popularity doesn't restrict opinions after all! lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Gee, I don't see this topic setting off arguments.
    Yeah, I feel you.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Self sabotage

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Not true. Sue could only turn invisible for years after the FF formation. Wasp could only flit around undected for many years as she rarely, if at all, used her control over insects and her sting was shown as ineffectual against even normal humans many times. She also required gas or capsules to shrink and grow. Early Black Widow only had wrist blasters that were much weaker than her 70's upgraded ones.