Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Lamest Marvel Superheroines?

Who are some lame Marvel Super-heroines? Not comedic ones who were created to be lame, ala Squirrel Girl and Big Bertha, I mean unintentionally lame ones...like She-thing, and...didn't everyone hate Marrow from X-men? Y'know...characters like that.

Thanks.

She-Thing isn't lame!

Wildstreak, Sienna Blaze, Shamrock are lame. However, with good writing, no character is lame. IMO

Gee, I don't see this topic setting off arguments.

BANNED

Hazmat. Whambulance all the way.

Domino. Uninteresting dalmatian with convenient luck. Yawnsome!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    However, with good writing, no character is lame. IMO
    I share the sentiments.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Cassie Lang!

I kid, I kid.

BANNED

Cammi. She as okay when Giffen wrote her. But Hopeless turned her into a diseaster on legs and I hope she never comes back and if she does, then only to die. Self-righteous, holier-than-thou hypocrite who gets everything served to her on silve platter and everyone who disagrees with her is painted as a monster.
    Hell with her, fucking horrible character.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Haha, I actually like Cammi, Hazmat and Marrow.

I've always thought Storm was pretty lame. I just don't get the love she receives. I think maybe because of what Claremont did with her but since I've been reading comics (10 years) she has just been boring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Cassie Lang!

I kid, I kid.
    You better.....or else you'll end up with ants in your pants...!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Cammi. She as okay when Giffen wrote her. But Hopeless turned her into a diseaster on legs and I hope she never comes back and if she does, then only to die. Self-righteous, holier-than-thou hypocrite who gets everything served to her on silve platter and everyone who disagrees with her is painted as a monster.
    Hell with her, fucking horrible character.
    Now was this before or after she temporary became Cammi/Hawk...(Cammi wielding the DH Amulet that she's taken from Chase during the endgame within the AVENGERS ARENA Series)..?!?

BANNED

Hellcat, Sif, Sue Storm, Scarlet Witch, Jessica Jones, Spider Woman, X-23 & Kate Bishop. Marvel has a lot of them.

The new "Ms. Marvel", pretty much everything she appears in is cringeworthy. She's the female Sam Alexander more or less.

Also Jessica Jones. They just threw that in there to make her seem not-useless.

BANNED

I forgot to add Jean Grey, Tigra & Wasp.

This thread needs to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Gee, I don't see this topic setting off arguments.
    Yeah, this thread is a ticking bomb just waiting to go off
    "This is me being reasonable"

You know what? If people want to push buttons? I'll push theirs.

Black Widow- Talk about a boring character. Everything about her is "Boo Hoo, my childhood stunk" and "Boo Hoo, here's a flashback to Russia". Her whole personality is emotionless killer, and it's never shown as a flawed. In fact, it's glorified. She's a character with nowhere left to go because she keeps repeating herself.

Spider-Woman - There is nothing interesting about her. At all. Hell, what are her interests or hobbies? I'm struggling to think of a single personality trait other than "She's an Avenger". Even the Spider-Woman book that people recommended to me made me hate her more. Like, she's in a car with Viper, and Viper is blowing up police cars. What does Spider-Woman do? "Oh those poor fools. They don't know what they are fighting" HOW ABOUT YOU PUNCH VIPER IN THE FACE AND STOP HER RAMPAGE?! Or how about when she's thrown into a jail cell with a starving Skrull. What could have been a reveal of her character of whether she let the Skrull lived or died suddenly becomes "Oops! The Skrull is super strong! Now it's okay to kill it!"
    I honestly don't get the love for Spider-Woman. From vague power to a vague personality, nothing about the character is actually is solid. Hell, her new ongoing is being usurped by Silk. The only time I ever liked reading Spider-Woman was when KSD wrote her in Avengers Assemble. She's just a terrible character.

Carol Danvers - I can understand how people like her currently, but I think she's severely overrated. My first impressions of her were bad because she was a monster during Civil War to Secret Invasion. Carol would lie to her friends about their friends being alive to get them captured. She broke Julia Carpenter away from her daughter. She brought a Skrull into space and suffocated it, grinning and said "I don't care what you think of me. I enjoyed it" She came off as a real bully! Like a flat out bully!
    Of course they toned her down when she became Captain Marvel, but that whole era of Carol is what stuck with me. She just seemed like a really terrible person! I also wasn't too fond of the first Captain Marvel run of hers because the book just felt like everyone was kissing her butt for no reason. I'm told the newest run is better, but I feel like my first impressions of her affected me to dislike her.

How about them apples?

This won't end well..

Last edited by Of Atlantis; 11-23-2014 at 01:58 PM.