Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Alright, i'll tell you what....

In the spirit of keeping an open mind,

If a big Rogue fan feels like it, tell me one of the best story arcs involving Rogue, and i'll make an attempt to seek it out and read it with an open mind and give it a chance to change my perspective.
    OMG, this is refreshing and quite awesome of you! Here are some great issues:

X-Men #188-193 “Supernovas”
    Uncanny X-Men #172-173 “Wolverine and Rogue in Japan
    Uncanny X-Men #171 “Welcome to the X-Men, Rogue…Hope You Survive the Experience!”
    Uncanny X-Men #235-238 “First Genosha Storyline”

And Uncanny X-Men #218, is my favorite Rogue issue of all time. Hope you enjoy these.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    OMG, this is refreshing and quite awesome of you! Here are some great issues:

X-Men #188-193 “Supernovas”
    Uncanny X-Men #172-173 “Wolverine and Rogue in Japan
    Uncanny X-Men #171 “Welcome to the X-Men, Rogue…Hope You Survive the Experience!”
    Uncanny X-Men #235-238 “First Genosha Storyline”

And Uncanny X-Men #218, is my favorite Rogue issue of all time. Hope you enjoy these.
    Alright, i'll make an honest effort to check a few them out and keep an open mind in them [i think i read Genosha but i can't remember]... if it changes anything in how i view the character then it's a positive, if not.. at least i gave it a fair chance... well, i feel like i already gave it a fair chance initially but an extra fair chance i suppose he he.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

was it ever an option to call X-23 "Wild Child"? For whatever it's worth, it would be relatively appropriate-- they could just kill off the Alpha Flight character or have him retire or whatever.

Monica Rambeau needs a new solo mini-series or at least a co-starring arc in Storm's solo series, to boost her profile.

... was anything ever done with Shamrock? At the very least, she needs a better outfit.

... La Bandera remains forgotten. Same goes for Silverclaw. I'm not sure why they haven't been used in recent years.

Did Layla Miller ever lead to anything substantive, or no?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 11-24-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Peter David did some great work with her in X-Factor.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Guess I'm glad I'm not reading Ms. Marvel, then. I've read only a few issues of Nova, and Sam gets on my nerves big time.
    Don't listen to mega. Ms. Marvel's awesome. She's fun and dorky and adorable and just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Anyway, I feel like a lot of people in this forum don't like new characters (such as Silk, though I really like Silk) and feel threatened when they get a focus and think it's just the writers making a pet character. This is what's preventing us from having new characters though and instead we get same-old (I know it's not a Marvel but look at how so much is Batman is in DC, it's because people don't like new things). I like having new interesting characters gaining a focus. I'd like to see them introduced and slightly developed somewhere before they get a solo though (which is funny because the only new character who is successful at the moment wasn't introduced elsewhere; that being Ms Marvel). I want to give new characters a chance though; especially ones who aren't legacies so that new heroes can stand on their own without being part of the existing IP.
    I'm a fan of new characters. Silk had one of the most obnoxious introductions ever. That first arc of her was just stupid. She was written as a Mary Sue. She was bitten by the same spider as Spider-Man, she's faster than Spider-Man, her spider-sense is better, she has organic webbing (and she can change the colour of it, and even make it resist electricity). She and Peter are drawn to each other in a way that's almost impossible for them to resist. Then she saved Spider-Man's life twice in the arc, complete with pointing out how bad Spider-Man is at being a superhero. Then she gets an intern position at a TV channel, despite having no formal education or past work experience, and no resume, and no contacts, and absolutely nothing that would actually be necessary to get an intern position anywhere, let alone for a news network.

My dislike of Silk has nothing to do with her being a new character. It is purely because holy hell, that is some bad writing. She was handled in a really, really bad way, and that's the problem with Silk. Maybe her ongoing series will be good, but right now, she is just a really annoying concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Silk had one of the most obnoxious introductions ever. That first arc of her was just stupid. She was written as a Mary Sue. She was bitten by the same spider as Spider-Man, she's faster than Spider-Man, her spider-sense is better, she has organic webbing (and she can change the colour of it, and even make it resist electricity). She and Peter are drawn to each other in a way that's almost impossible for them to resist. Then she saved Spider-Man's life twice in the arc, complete with pointing out how bad Spider-Man is at being a superhero. Then she gets an intern position at a TV channel, despite having no formal education or past work experience, and no resume, and no contacts, and absolutely nothing that would actually be necessary to get an intern position anywhere, let alone for a news network.

My dislike of Silk has nothing to do with her being a new character. It is purely because holy hell, that is some bad writing. She was handled in a really, really bad way, and that's the problem with Silk. Maybe her ongoing series will be good, but right now, she is just a really annoying concept.
    I'm betting that she's going to die in the end of Spider-Verse.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    She's nothing like Sam - I like both characters, but they're very different. If you think Kamala & Sam are particularly similar, you've not been reading one of the books.
    Also, do you mind expanding on the problem you perceive both characters to have?
    I think he hates her for being a minority character whose minority status is actually a part of her story, rather than it being something that never gets referenced and has no particular bearing on her. If I'm remembering correctly, mega's espoused views in the past that drawing attention to what makes us different is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    So, her solo title that launches at the end of Spider-Verse is all going to be the fever dream of a dying woman?

I find it more likely that Silk is going to have even more to do with the Inheritors being defeated than Spider-Man will. She'll wind up being the most important character in the entire story and she'll save the day and everyone will praise her and talk about how amazing she is, and if she has one flaw, it's that she's just too pretty.

So, her solo title that launches at the end of Spider-Verse is all going to be the fever dream of a dying woman?
    Or they'll just be "untold tales" showing all the random superheroics she did before she up and died.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Not sure if serious or...

She'll survive SV. In interviews the writer has mentioned that the solo is post-SV and will have a "fish out of the water" feel to it.

Fantastic Member

I think he hates her for being a minority character whose minority status is actually a part of her story, rather than it being something that never gets referenced and has no particular bearing on her. If I'm remembering correctly, mega's espoused views in the past that drawing attention to what makes us different is a bad thing.
    That's an errr... interseting viewpoint. Still it doesn't make her the "female Sam Alexander" since Nova doesn't really reference his Latio background at all, so faulty logic on his part; but hey ho.

All of Morrison's X-Characters.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theshow07 View Post
    no i was talking about nick fury jr not sr
    I misunderstood. I thought you were implying that Fury Sr. was director when Jr. replaced him.

However, it's impossible not to connect Fury Jr's creation with Sam Jackson's Fury. Whether he's director or not, his influence in SHIELD right now is just as big. Besides, Sam Jackson Fury isn't even director anymore.

Going back to the original thread...I think I have a winner:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/nightcatjt.htm

Yelena Belova aka Superadaptoid.

Ooops, she's not a superheroine!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."