Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Oh believe me, EVERYONE picks on my favorites. Not just you, but Hazmat and Cassie Lang were already listed in this thread. I think this thread was made to start flame wars, but hey, I can fight fire with fire. I at least give a definitive reason why I dislike certain characters.
    Its okay man. I love all four too.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Some characters just don't work, regardless of a good writer or not. Scarlet Witch for example, no matter who writes her, she's still boring.
    To you maybe. Not to everyone else.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    That's the only thing that will EVER define her. Nothing else.
    Once again, that's just wrong. You're opinions aren't facts
    Cyclops was right

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Who are some lame Marvel Super-heroines? Not comedic ones who were created to be lame, ala Squirrel Girl and Big Bertha, I mean unintentionally lame ones...like She-thing, and...didn't everyone hate Marrow from X-men? Y'know...characters like that.

Thanks.
    Hmmmm……Who is the Lamest Marvel Female Hero?!

Had to really think about that one, but after much deliberation, historical analyses and opinions, here is my List of who are the Lamest and Why:

spoilers:
    1.) None…..!
    2.) Nobody……….!
    3.) Not a One…………..!

Now why is this you may ask?

Well it is simple, The Lamest of a Character is a State of personal fandom that is it historic fact Really.

For one fan the most famous female hero by majority opinion can be that fans Lamest, but the most unknown can be the best they ever could like! Really to state who is lamest is just to sate what is in the eye of the beholder. It goes by each ones tastes and really in truth there is no lamest in Marvel Females or Males cause for every character one thinks is Lame, there are others that truly believe for good reasons they are the Best of the Best!
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Twisted ToyFare Theater said it best: She married a robot and tried to have kids with it, and then everyone acted surprised when she went crazy.
    See, this is where present day opinion has this viewpoint backwards by some important factors and here is why.

But before I get to that, it is nice to meet you and talk with you Myetche!

Whenever the topic comes up about present day talks about heroes and who they are, we get into large talks about that and try to greatly define a character(s) holey by present day uses of them. But fans for these characters that get talked about usually and for Very Good Reasons, the Fans bring up the history of that character and say why you can’t judge them just by this present day story or recent stories. You should consider in taking into account most of their history and see who they are as a whole before creating a major sweeping. To Me, this is a Very Reasonable request and has greatly change what where present day negative viewpoints on a characters that got changed from one of solid opinion based on present day factors, to one of listening and understand from their very fans. IMO, this has made me into a Much Better Poster and Fan In-General!

This has greatly been True for Scott Summers and how it has formed more of my opinion on him from his fans in a more positive light from their support of his history.

Same should indeed be Very True for Vision and Wanda’s relationship. Historic presence on what their relationship symbolized and why it was so important, especially for the time it came out. Just going by the Bendis world view is one of simple on the surface takes, AKA just take what it was at face value from the surface of the character and just go to negative Heck with it for the sake of darker stories; Vision is JUST a Robot, no one should have ever loved Him by this view.

However, by historical factors this is Greatly Untrue.

This is what the relationship really meant and it come from a post I posted last May of this year on Vision’s Appreciation Thread. Here is a piece of that to make my point:

http://community.comicbookresources....ll=1#post60684

“Vision and Wanda's married was a say on interracial married at the time and it still holds power today IMO. Vision was always condemned, and Wanda for that matter, sadly for trying to find love and find his humanity, especially when it came to Wanda, he was able to find it. Wanda was the lady that saw past what he looked on the outside and saw his love and soul on the inside. Wanda judged Vision buy who he was on the inside, that was a clear say to what anti-racism should be and is today, judge people by who they are, not what they look like!

So indeed Vision is one who has experienced that and he cares that with him today, even more so in ways as well. He is one of the few of his kind and even other AI life is still different in their own ways, so indeed Vision is one of a kind in the end. Him needing others is part of his humanity cause without others, he is alone sadly.

Vision could indeed have so STRONG and POWERFUL views on the subject and his history on how he dealt with it. On-Top of that him having hatred thrown at him and his Wife by his own Family like Pietro and Magneto, all for who he was, yet asking for humans not to do the same to them for who they where; when you think about that, that is a Very Deep conflict right their. Vision can be more harshly judged cause he is not pure Flesh or Human, while humans judge other humans based on their differences and how much the fight and hate over that!?”

In the end at this moment in history and some still today, Vision is a Synthetic Human made by Ultron based on the Original Human torch. Vision finding his Humanity and Love in the eyes of others was the Key Beauty of his Story.

I believe this Factor, more than any other needs to be taken into account for the History of Wanda and Vision, just like All Other Histories for other characters are asked to be taken into account and Not just what is present day opinion.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 11-23-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    See, this is where present day opinion has this viewpoint backwards by some important factors and here is why.

But before I get to that, it is nice to meet you and talk with you Myetche!

Whenever the topic comes up about present day talks about heroes and who they are, we get into large talks about that and try to greatly define a character(s) holey by present day uses of them. But fans for these characters that get talked about usually and for Very Good Reasons, the Fans bring up the history of that character and say why you can’t judge them just by this present day story or recent stories. You should consider in taking into account most of their history and see who they are as a whole before creating a major sweeping. To Me, this is a Very Reasonable request and has greatly change what where present day negative viewpoints on a characters that got changed from one of solid opinion based on present day factors, to one of listening and understand from their very fans. IMO, this has made me into a Much Better Poster and Fan In-General!

This has greatly been True for Scott Summers and how it has formed more of my opinion on him from his fans in a more positive light from their support of his history.

Same should indeed be Very True for Vision and Wanda’s relationship. Historic presence on what their relationship symbolized and why it was so important, especially for the time it came out. Just going by the Bendis world view is one of simple on the surface takes, AKA just take what it was at face value from the surface of the character and just go to negative Heck with it for the sake of darker stories; Vision is JUST a Robot, no one should have ever loved Him by this view.

However, by historical factors this is Greatly Untrue.

This is what the relationship really meant and it come from a post I posted last May of this year on Vision’s Appreciation Thread. Here is a piece of that to make my point:

http://community.comicbookresources....ll=1#post60684

“Vision and Wanda's married was a say on interracial married at the time and it still holds power today IMO. Vision was always condemned, and Wanda for that matter, sadly for trying to find love and find his humanity, especially when it came to Wanda, he was able to find it. Wanda was the lady that saw past what he looked on the outside and saw his love and soul on the inside. Wanda judged Vision buy who he was on the inside, that was a clear say to what anti-racism should be and is today, judge people by who they are, not what they look like!

So indeed Vision is one who has experienced that and he cares that with him today, even more so in ways as well. He is one of the few of his kind and even other AI life is still different in their own ways, so indeed Vision is one of a kind in the end. Him needing others is part of his humanity cause without others, he is alone sadly.

Vision could indeed have so STRONG and POWERFUL views on the subject and his history on how he dealt with it. On-Top of that him having hatred thrown at him and his Wife by his own Family like Pietro and Magneto, all for who he was, yet asking for humans not to do the same to them for who they where; when you think about that, that is a Very Deep conflict right their. Vision can be more harshly judged cause he is not pure Flesh or Human, while humans judge other humans based on their differences and how much the fight and hate over that!?”

In the end at this moment in history and some still today, Vision is a Synthetic Human made by Ultron based on the Original Human torch. Vision finding his Humanity and Love in the eyes of others was the Key Beauty of his Story.

I believe this Factor, more than any other needs to be taken into account for the History of Wanda and Vision, just like All Other Histories for other characters are asked to be taken into account and Not just what is present day opinion.
    Valid viewpoints (and they are very valid). Still, ToyFare essentially exaggerates and makes fun of everything and everybody in Marvel.
    Last edited by Myetche; 11-23-2014 at 06:25 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

With Scarlet Witch there are two people to blame on her ruined reputation.
    One is John Byrne, who had screwed over her character precisely because he didn't understood how a woman could marry a robot. So he had him lose all emotions, their children die and her go crazy and join Magneto. And he had clear sick fantasies in it - I mean, rumor is he quit Marvel when editorial told him he cannot do a scene suggesting Evil!Wanda gives parazyled Wonder Man a blowjob against his will.
    Then other writers tried to fix her, including Kurt Busiek and DnA (how were her times as a leader anyway?) only for Bendis to come and screw everything because he only cared about Byrne story.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    And on a side note, has anyone resented a character based solely on the behavior of their fans?
    It has honestly never happened to me before this year. But I must answer 'yes' to that question.

Black Widow.

I think the definition of a 'lame' character should be differentiated from a 'disliked' character.

In the 'lame' category, Jessica Jones comes to mind. She's pretty useless as a character, so that makes her lame in my opinion.

In the 'dislike' category, well... I know she's a fan favorite of many, and that's okay. But I never exactly liked Scarlet Witch. If she existed as a real person, she wouldn't be my friend. Her 'gypsie' style gets on my nerves, her constant 'Oh, my brother!', or 'Oh, Vision!', or 'Oh, Simon!'. The fact that she flipped when she found out about her children, or when Vision was dismantled was not what made me dislike her. I thought it made for good story telling. But do I think she's lame? No. Absolutely not. Her powers are formidable and far from lame. It's basically just a question of taste at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Once again, that's just wrong. You're opinions aren't facts
    So what else defines her then? I'm actually curious because you seem like a fan of hers.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Just about any female character around since the sixties had some spectacularly lame moments. They've all improved since then, along with the times luckily.

Here's Sue, (who's improved massively) having a Stan Lee moment.

image.jpg

Or Wasp:

image.jpg

Scarlet Witch, and Jean Grey have had some good ones too.
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    She-Thing isn't lame!

Wildstreak, Sienna Blaze, Shamrock are lame. However, with good writing, no character is lame. IMO
    Who's Wildstreak?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Apparently the kid they got is really young, so I guess she won't be Stature until Phase 4...
    Has that news been confirmed? Because that little girl could have been hired to play a young Evangeline Lily...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Ah, a like-minded individual.
    That is one the problems that I have with All New X-Men. Bendis, being the awesome writer that he is, thought it would be a good idea to change X-23s voice into that of a typical teenager when the fact that she doesn't speak like that all is one of her defining traits. I swear I have never been more annoyed at reading dialogue than in those issues. It was just infuriating. It got better in the last two issues but that doesn't excuse the 10 issues of typical teenager talk that I had to suffer through.
    Bendis doesn't really do voices that well, his characters always have limited styles of speech.

Rogue is the only one that comes to mind, i don't know what it is about that character but i simply cannot get into it. I'm trying to think on it and i pretty much get into every other Female character i can think of at the moment.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.