Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Honestly, no character is lame, but some are massively overrated compared to others, and some writers have a tedious bias system that I can't stand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    See, this is where present day opinion has this viewpoint backwards by some important factors and here is why.

But before I get to that, it is nice to meet you and talk with you Myetche!

Whenever the topic comes up about present day talks about heroes and who they are, we get into large talks about that and try to greatly define a character(s) holey by present day uses of them. But fans for these characters that get talked about usually and for Very Good Reasons, the Fans bring up the history of that character and say why you can’t judge them just by this present day story or recent stories. You should consider in taking into account most of their history and see who they are as a whole before creating a major sweeping. To Me, this is a Very Reasonable request and has greatly change what where present day negative viewpoints on a characters that got changed from one of solid opinion based on present day factors, to one of listening and understand from their very fans. IMO, this has made me into a Much Better Poster and Fan In-General!

This has greatly been True for Scott Summers and how it has formed more of my opinion on him from his fans in a more positive light from their support of his history.

Same should indeed be Very True for Vision and Wanda’s relationship. Historic presence on what their relationship symbolized and why it was so important, especially for the time it came out. Just going by the Bendis world view is one of simple on the surface takes, AKA just take what it was at face value from the surface of the character and just go to negative Heck with it for the sake of darker stories; Vision is JUST a Robot, no one should have ever loved Him by this view.

However, by historical factors this is Greatly Untrue.

This is what the relationship really meant and it come from a post I posted last May of this year on Vision’s Appreciation Thread. Here is a piece of that to make my point:

http://community.comicbookresources....ll=1#post60684

“Vision and Wanda's married was a say on interracial married at the time and it still holds power today IMO. Vision was always condemned, and Wanda for that matter, sadly for trying to find love and find his humanity, especially when it came to Wanda, he was able to find it. Wanda was the lady that saw past what he looked on the outside and saw his love and soul on the inside. Wanda judged Vision buy who he was on the inside, that was a clear say to what anti-racism should be and is today, judge people by who they are, not what they look like!

So indeed Vision is one who has experienced that and he cares that with him today, even more so in ways as well. He is one of the few of his kind and even other AI life is still different in their own ways, so indeed Vision is one of a kind in the end. Him needing others is part of his humanity cause without others, he is alone sadly.

Vision could indeed have so STRONG and POWERFUL views on the subject and his history on how he dealt with it. On-Top of that him having hatred thrown at him and his Wife by his own Family like Pietro and Magneto, all for who he was, yet asking for humans not to do the same to them for who they where; when you think about that, that is a Very Deep conflict right their. Vision can be more harshly judged cause he is not pure Flesh or Human, while humans judge other humans based on their differences and how much the fight and hate over that!?”

In the end at this moment in history and some still today, Vision is a Synthetic Human made by Ultron based on the Original Human torch. Vision finding his Humanity and Love in the eyes of others was the Key Beauty of his Story.

I believe this Factor, more than any other needs to be taken into account for the History of Wanda and Vision, just like All Other Histories for other characters are asked to be taken into account and Not just what is present day opinion.
    The marriage also led to a really strong story with a good cover.
    Avengers_115_Cover.jpg

BANNED

Definitely Carol Danvers. She's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Ah, a like-minded individual.
    That is one the problems that I have with All New X-Men. Bendis, being the awesome writer that he is, thought it would be a good idea to change X-23s voice into that of a typical teenager when the fact that she doesn't speak like that all is one of her defining traits. I swear I have never been more annoyed at reading dialogue than in those issues. It was just infuriating. It got better in the last two issues but that doesn't excuse the 10 issues of typical teenager talk that I had to suffer through.
    Bendis is the worst. He's so lazy and just imitates what he sees on TV that he never bothers to research the characters he writes. I don't get how he sells as well as he does.

I'm gonna have to go with:

-Scarlet Witch
    -Wasp
    -Silverclaw
    -Carol Danvers
    -Spider-Woman
    -Tigra

I guess pretty much all the Avengers female characters are lame!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Silk is trying so hard to be popular it hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I'm gonna have to go with:

-Scarlet Witch
    -Wasp
    -Silverclaw
    -Carol Danvers
    -Spider-Woman
    -Tigra

I guess pretty much all the Avengers female characters are lame!
    You do realize you might very well set this thread on fire with that?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Silk is trying so hard to be popular it hurts
    I don't like Silk now, and if Anya Corazon dies for Silk, I'll hate Silk forever.

BANNED

The problem with Silk is that they try to push her at the expense of oher women of Spider-Family. Felicia turns evil, MJ becomes her poral opposite, Mayday loses family, gets obsessed with revenge and loses her whole appeal as a result, Jessica gets sen to HOPELESS LAND (this will never not be funny) and Any might die - all to push Silk.
    Second problem is that Silk fals badly in "Asian Seductress" stereotype.
    And third problem is that nobody thought of checking her name. It literally translates to Moon Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    You do realize you might very well set this thread on fire with that?
    It's possible that I don't know enough about them, but I grew up with the X-ladies and they seem endlessly fascinating to me. There are X-ladies that I think are totally boring (looking at you, Jean Grey), but on a whole, I like characters like Storm, Rogue, Emma Frost, Psylocke, etc a lot more than I like the Avengers ladies. There are a few non-X and non-Avengers ladies that I think are great characters (Elektra, Sif, Black Cat, Sue Storm and more), so it's not so much that I dislike all the non-mutant lady characters. I think Black Widow is cool, but aside from her and She-Hulk (I don't know if we are considering her an Avenger or not), I find them to be terribly boring.

Also, all the characters I've named have had really lame looking costumes most of their comic book history
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Valid viewpoints (and they are very valid). Still, ToyFare essentially exaggerates and makes fun of everything and everybody in Marvel.
    Indeed Myetche, I have no problem with parodies, they are the lightness to when life and stories get to serious!

My main point was too the whole relationship, no problem with ToyFare parodies.

Glad you liked my viewpoints as well, appreciated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The marriage also led to a really strong story with a good cover.
    Avengers_115_Cover.jpg
    Indeed, Good Post and Main point about the Whole Relationship Mark! ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

double post rrrr
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 11-24-2014 at 06:25 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    The problem with Silk is that they try to push her at the expense of oher women of Spider-Family. Felicia turns evil, MJ becomes her poral opposite, Mayday loses family, gets obsessed with revenge and loses her whole appeal as a result, Jessica gets sen to HOPELESS LAND (this will never not be funny) and Any might die - all to push Silk.
    Second problem is that Silk fals badly in "Asian Seductress" stereotype.
    And third problem is that nobody thought of checking her name. It literally translates to Moon Moon.
    so push of silk is the problem for every women in spider-man yeah that sound stupid

Quote Originally Posted by theshow07 View Post
    so push of silk is the problem for every women in spider-man yeah that sound stupid
    They killed the original Nova to promote the new one. Just saying.

victoria hand