Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I can't call her lame but America Chavez irritates me
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    They killed the original Nova to promote the new one. Just saying.
    Like they killed the watcher to make nick fury the new one just so sam Jackson can take his seat-_-

Invincible Member

They killed the original Nova to promote the new one. Just saying.
    I don't think this really true. It's not like someone in editorial/management said to DnA, "We have an idea for a new Nova so kill Rich so that the new guy can have a comic."

BANNED

Mary F***ing Jane Watson. Yes I know she isn't a heroine but just like Lois Lane she gets too much exposure with little effort because she's the destined fate of love for Spidey. Please she's a glorified red headed supermodel civie with crap development, uninteresting drama and wallpaper suspense value, fanservice that shamelessly shows off her body, pis to make villians job to her so call mama bearness and finally the bitch tricked peter not once but twice in her entire existing tenure which one of costed them not only there marriage but the life of her unborn child.

I think Quesada was on to something when he broke mj up with Peter, she was the devil all along and she was so good at pulling the wool all over us.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think this really true. It's not like someone in editorial/management said to DnA, "We have an idea for a new Nova so kill Rich so that the new guy can have a comic."
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Jessica Jones is the first one that comes to mind. I still can't believe they're giving her a Netflix series.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Rogue is the only one that comes to mind, i don't know what it is about that character but i simply cannot get into it. I'm trying to think on it and i pretty much get into every other Female character i can think of at the moment.
    Are you new to comics and the X-Men? Rogue is terrific. She is relatable, imperfect, scrappy, ballsy and flat-out awesome! A Chris Claremont masterpiece. She kicks so much ass! Even written terribly by Rick Remender, she is the best thing about Uncanny Avengers. For young girls looking for a hero, she is it baby!

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Are you new to comics and the X-Men? Rogue is terrific. She is relatable, imperfect, scrappy, ballsy and flat-out awesome! A Chris Claremont masterpiece. She kicks so much ass! Even written terribly by Rick Remender, she is the best thing about Uncanny Avengers. For young girls looking for a hero, she is it baby!
    In your opinion.

Any character can be anything the people creating want them to be, doesn't mean i'm going to believe it. She's one of those characters like Captain America that has been absurdly built up to where it has the opposite effect on me, i suppose. Actually that's the biggest problem i see with Marvel is how hard they try and build some characters up to where it becomes ridiculous, if there's a need to try that hard in making the character so awesome that should speak volumes in everything needs to be said. What you call "imperfect, scrappy, ballsy" i call extremely annoying and uninteresting. Funny thing, opinions.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Sounds like X-23 has become a victim of Bendis-speak. That's exactly the type of dialogue he used when he wrote Avengers as well. Couldn't stand it. Sad to hear it's been affecting X-characters now too. It seems like his go-to dialect whenever he isn't knowledgable of the character's proper voice.

Edit: After reading the link in your signature, I'm REALLY sorry for what's happening to X-23. Seems like her characterization is getting Bendis'd as well. Something all too common.
    I really hate that and it was glaring with X-23. Storm suffers from it in her book as well with cool or American english talk but that really started with Storm after she married BP and not just recently.

Still not seeing why there is any interest in the thread at all...

But seriously, Veil. So lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Sounds like X-23 has become a victim of Bendis-speak. That's exactly the type of dialogue he used when he wrote Avengers as well. Couldn't stand it. Sad to hear it's been affecting X-characters now too. It seems like his go-to dialect whenever he isn't knowledgable of the character's proper voice.

Edit: After reading the link in your signature, I'm REALLY sorry for what's happening to X-23. Seems like her characterization is getting Bendis'd as well. Something all too common.
    Bendis is the worst. He's so lazy and just imitates what he sees on TV that he never bothers to research the characters he writes. I don't get how he sells as well as he does.
    Ah so I have to thank you guys. My Tumbler account was suddenly on fire but that is good. I want to spread the word.
    Avengers Arena and Avengers Academy were already a step downwards in terms of quality compared to her previous adventures but her ANXM appearance clearly hit rock bottom.
    Bendis can write the O5 however he wants. These are all blank-slate characters who have no backstory but Laura isn't one of them. There are things that are clearly established about her and pretty much every writer besides him managed to stick to that. It's really glaring.

I guess I have to thank Charles Soule that she will part of Wolverines come January.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Ah so I have to thank you guys. My Tumbler account was suddenly on fire but that is good. I want to spread the word.
    Avengers Arena and Avengers Academy were already a step downwards in terms of quality compared to her previous adventures but her ANXM appearance clearly hit rock bottom.
    Bendis can write the O5 however he wants. These are all blank-slate characters who have no backstory but Laura isn't one of them. There are things that are clearly established about her and pretty much every writer besides him managed to stick to that. It's really glaring.

I guess I have to thank Charles Soule that she will part of Wolverines come January.
    As the biggest Avengers Arena fan I have to agree that Laura was only used as a plot device. Even in her own POV issue she was just there to assist Juston.

Sif I hate the woman

Ah. Gorilla Girl! That's a good one. And I forgot about Silverclaw.

Thinking back, I should have thrown the word 'obscure' in the title to show more what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    Mary F***ing Jane Watson. Yes I know she isn't a heroine but just like Lois Lane she gets too much exposure with little effort because she's the destined fate of love for Spidey. Please she's a glorified red headed supermodel civie with crap development, uninteresting drama and wallpaper suspense value, fanservice that shamelessly shows off her body, pis to make villians job to her so call mama bearness and finally the bitch tricked peter not once but twice in her entire existing tenure which one of costed them not only there marriage but the life of her unborn child.

I think Quesada was on to something when he broke mj up with Peter, she was the devil all along and she was so good at pulling the wool all over us.
    Except for that one time she took a bat to the Chameleon, I don't recall many villains jobbing to MJ. And Peter made the deal.