Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I'm not a big fan but I really don't like the way that she's essentially been fridged. It really helps to reinforce the trend of making "fad" characters instead of letting them grown into their own once their original reason to be is gone.

Promoting Coulson doesn't bother me as it shows that hard work and dedication to a cause has its payoffs. In the Star Wars EU, Wedge went on to be the commander of Rogue Squadron and even eventually a general commanding a Super Star Destroyer. Now all that other stuff, yeah, that was some bullshit.
    Thing is, I think the appeal of Coulson was that he was just another guy, not this head honcho.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    The new "Ms. Marvel", pretty much everything she appears in is cringeworthy. She's the female Sam Alexander more or less.

Also Jessica Jones. They just threw that in there to make her seem not-useless.
    Guess I'm glad I'm not reading Ms. Marvel, then. I've read only a few issues of Nova, and Sam gets on my nerves big time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Are you new to comics and the X-Men? Rogue is terrific. She is relatable, imperfect, scrappy, ballsy and flat-out awesome! A Chris Claremont masterpiece. She kicks so much ass! Even written terribly by Rick Remender, she is the best thing about Uncanny Avengers. For young girls looking for a hero, she is it baby!
    Hate to say this but as a former Carol Danvers fan I will always reguard Rogue as the woman who in many ways murdered a favorite character of mine. I don't consider her lame, but I really don't like her.

Eight pages in and not one mention of Sentry? Wow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    off the top of my head, tigra stands out immediately.

i've never seen the appeal of julia carpenter as madame web either.
    Two Bendis related disasters.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Eight pages in and not one mention of Sentry? Wow.
    There's never been a female Sentry, as far as I know.

Anyway, even if Shamrock's already been brought up, it's worth doing so again. How long did it take to come up with "She's Irish, so she has LUCK powers!", five seconds?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

did bendis really transform julia carpenter into madame webb?

Mattie Franklin, the third and probably lamest Spider-Woman of them all.

They make a big deal out of her debut and give her powers that I think are Spider-based but don't seem to have any defined rules (I only recall her growing giant spider legs out of her back), only to have her completely vanish afterwards save for the rare cameo to say that she's alive. And then she dies and nobody, not even her own uncle J. Jonah Jameson, seems to even care.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    So what else defines her then? I'm actually curious because you seem like a fan of hers.
    Meh, I just liked her in Wolverine and the X-Men. I just know she has lots of fans, who are REALLY pissed off about how shes been written since Bendis showed up.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Rogue is the only one that comes to mind, i don't know what it is about that character but i simply cannot get into it. I'm trying to think on it and i pretty much get into every other Female character i can think of at the moment.
    What don't you find interesting?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post

Definitely Carol Danvers. She's awful.
    I hate you, Bendys.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Hmmmm... Hope is not lame but I kinda get why some people don't like her.

For lame female supervillains, Masque perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    They killed the original Nova to promote the new one. Just saying.
    Sam Alexander will DIE for this!!!

Hope Summers needs to die even harder. She treated Cyclops like trash, she was even more disrespectful to Emma than the rest of the X-Men, she basically used the Lights as her personal army, and she was so freaking annoying.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 11-24-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hate to say this but as a former Carol Danvers fan I will always reguard Rogue as the woman who in many ways murdered a favorite character of mine. I don't consider her lame, but I really don't like her.
    Carol was injured not murdered by Rogue. Heck she was back up and stronger than ever by the end of Avengers Annual #10. Further, it help reset all the awful that happened to her prior. She was reborn as Binary and freaking amazing. She owes that to the Rogue incident. It was a story catalyst for both ladies and that is the genius of Claremont!

However, hating Rogue and finding her a lame inconsequential character are kinda different. Rogue is actually pretty original. Her origins, redemption, power set, all became iconic and completely original and new. You may not like her, but she is just not a lame one off character in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Sam Alexander will DIE for this!!!

Hope Summers needs to die even harder. She treated Cyclops like trash, she was even more disrespectful to Emma than the rest of the X-Men, she basically used the Lights as her personal army, and she was so freaking annoying.
    Hope was fine.

If anyone, BEAST treated Cyclops like crap for hypocritical reasons.

"What's this Scott?! You're running X-Force?! I'm so offended, I'm gonna shout at you at Nightcrawler's funeral about this! You deserve to burn in hell!"
    "What's this Wolverine? You're running X-Force out of a school? Eh. That's fine by me."

I hated Beast ever since that moment.