Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Should Thor Odinson stay with the X-men for the meantime?

Well, i kinda thought that when Carol didn't have her powers, she stayed with the X-men. So since Thor isn't worthy of the mjolnir, and isn't the current Thor, why not have him stay with the X-men. Maybe join Spider-man at the Jean Grey school?

But Carol has a lot of history with the x-men, so I can see her being welcomed there. Why would Odinson be?

Don't get me wrong I am all for the war to end and I'd love to see Avengers and X-men stand united as it should be
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Eh...no. He has a home in Asgardia. Also, Odin doesn't want a woman weilding Mjolnir. So I'm sure daddy is going to try and get the hammer back to him anyway.

If he and Rogue want i dont protest.

Well Thor Odinson is not powerless. He is still an Asgardian which comes with its own traits and his new axe can kill Celestials. It's not like he needs any kind of protection.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Well, i kinda thought that when Carol didn't have her powers, she stayed with the X-men. So since Thor isn't worthy of the mjolnir, and isn't the current Thor, why not have him stay with the X-men. Maybe join Spider-man at the Jean Grey school?
    Thor as teacher!? And how many beer pie will be eaten by the student and how many student will get drunk thanks to the beer!?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Well Thor Odinson is not powerless. He is still an Asgardian which comes with its own traits and his new axe can kill Celestials. It's not like he needs any kind of protection.
    I was under the impression that even without Mjolnir Thor Odinson still posses Class 100 strength, no? Also, has it actually been confirmed that Odinson still has Jarnbjorn?

Well, i wouldnt mind if he joined, after all he was the only one that was nice to Rogue in Uncanny Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Thor Odinson can stay with his mother Gaea the Elder Goddess of Earth.
    Thor has interacted the last 50 plus years of his marvel comicbook existence with his father Odin ruler of Asgard so it is long overdue that he stop being an insensitive son and pay attention to his mother Gaea.

Thor is the only one of his kind namely the son of the Elder Goddess of Midgard and the All-Father of Asgard.
    He has ignored putting in more effort in getting to know Gaea as his mother more on a personal basis ever since she revealed to him that she is his biological mother in Thor 301. Now he has no excuse whatsoever to correct that grievous error.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I was under the impression that even without Mjolnir Thor Odinson still posses Class 100 strength, no? Also, has it actually been confirmed that Odinson still has Jarnbjorn?
    Correct. He is actually still capable of controlling thunder and lighting in addition to his powers from Gaea. His soul itself is still bonded to the hammer as well unless that was retconned. In reality he is still the God of Thunder, that has nothing to do with the hammer, that is his birthright. The hammer, especially with Odinson's bond, really does just give the user the powers of Thor. Of course, this is all up to the writer but a difference that severe should be explained if he suddenly became worthless and weak.

BANNED

Carol Danvers is a mutant. When she became Binary, she became a mutant and could have joined the X-Men. Thor is not a mutant, so he should not stay with the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Carol Danvers is a mutant. When she became Binary, she became a mutant and could have joined the X-Men. Thor is not a mutant, so he should not stay with the X-Men.
    Carol Danvers is a superhuman like the members of the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spider-Man, Hank Pym, Janet van Dyne and Carl Lucas.
    When the Brood subjected Danvers to their experiments it resulted in her Kree/Human nature granting her a new set of superhuman abilities becoming Binary.

The original Carol Danvers was absorbed into Anna Marie, was given her own body and Ms. Marvel abilities back in Uncanny X-Men 269 and killed by Eisenhardt.
    In effect the true Carol Danvers introduced in Marvel Super-Heroes 13 in 1968, DIED.

What was left of Carol became Binary who left Earth616 in 1983 and returned in 1992 during Operation Galactic Storm.
    I LOVED that Carol Danvers stayed with the X-Men because this proved once again that they weren´t racist themselves.
    The X-Men welcomed a superhuman to their ranks just as they had done with Calvin Rankin aka the Mimic and after Carol, Longshot who is an alien.

Wish marvel comics did a comicbook series set between 1983 and 1992 depicting the adventures of Binary and The Starjammers.

The basic reason Carol was staying with the X-Men was to get her head/mind back together after her close encounter with Rogue. Period. Thor didn't have a mind wipe that needs to be treated by Rachel or any other X-Psychie...

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing Thor spend time with the X-Men, but you'd need a decent premise. After all how many X-Men have the Avengers borrowed over the years?
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    How do you "become" a Mutant? Either you are born one or you're not. Carol was a Mutate. You base what you are saying on what Peter said in UXM#164...