http://screenrant.com/james-gunn-mar...se-challenges/

Here, the Guardians Of The Galaxy director James Gunn gives his views, concerns and more, on shared film universes.

A lot of the crux of the matter here is about the speed at which a number of studios, be it with Robin Hood, Marvel, DC, Spider-Man, X-Men, or Star Wars, are moving ahead with these universes. These expansions of a film series, of moving further beyond one team, or character, and increasing the scope, or scale, of the property, in comparison to the one series, bringing in other films on other characters, spin-offs, prequels and so on.

Out of the properties I listed above, only two do I think should be relegated to TV shows, films and so on, rather than going on stuff with the Merry Men, Maid Marian, or on various stuff on Spider-Man, though Symbiotes, The Daily Bugle and some other stuff seems viable enough in of that vein.

X-Men, as others like Legato might mention, is large enough in of itself, with X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, Brotherhood, Acoloytes, solo films and more. Marvel - all they've done, have laid out and own. DC - what they own, everything, and what they have planned. Star Wars, just how very large the universe really is, all the planets, eras, heroes, villains, anti-heroes, species, and so much more. I'd be more than up for the new trilogies and spin-offs.

But, at the end of the day, not all properties HAVE that potential for such expansion to go for a shared universe, or at least, all that large a one, compared to the myths, and times, and cosmic and more for Marvel, or the the variety of different characters, personalities and agendas for the X-verse.

So, taking ones' time is important, as some might say the universe was overly rushed with Iron Man 2, with Black Widow, Agent Coulson, Nick Fury and more besides that. Same could apply for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, with Oscorp, the costumes laid out, the set of for the Sinister Six most of all, and stuff along those lines. But sometimes, I think, as I mentioned above, to some degree, that managing the size and scope of such expansion is important - Spider-Man -, realizing what might work or not, - DC - and what to go with at all - Robin Hood.

But, what do you all think?