Thread: The lasso

Default The lasso

Lasso of Truth, I kinda wouldn't mind seeing the old powers but Diana doesn't use that power often. One thing I did look was Diana wearing her lasso that was her lasso in hell's armor right? Than again I could be mistake it for a fanart.

I do like the fire Power of the lasso. I think her wearing it instead of having it in a bag she as it on her an that the power is not working when is a sleep mode it does not mean if the lasso sense Ill reason will tell Diana

BANNED

I wonder how many times she's used the truth power in the New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I wonder how many times she's used the truth power in the New 52?
    It's certainly under used thus far, but I think they have done a decent job of exploring the "domination" power of it ... One of the things I like about where they've gone with n52 is the throwback to some older concepts than Post-Crisis. The Lasso is significantly more versatile now, but still way under used. I'd rather it was always her "go-to" instead of the sword.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    It's certainly under used thus far, but I think they have done a decent job of exploring the "domination" power of it ... One of the things I like about where they've gone with n52 is the throwback to some older concepts than Post-Crisis. The Lasso is significantly more versatile now, but still way under used. I'd rather it was always her "go-to" instead of the sword.
    I'd like it if they portrayed the lasso in the comic the way they do on covers. On covers it doesn't follow the rules of physics and seems to have a life of it's own. There's an image from the Golden Age where Diana is rescuing occupants form a burning building and the lasso coils itself into a series of S shapes, making a ladder for them to climb down. Gravity is thrown completely out the window as a dozen people descend a rope that's not attached to anything but Diana's hands while she's standing on the ground. It's a magic lasso, they should show that it's magic more often in modern times.

I also miss the ability it had to change clothing as well as the Fires of Hestia. Those both could have been used to good effect during Azzarello's run.

Also the power to command trumps any truth telling capabilities but I guess it's too much of an easy way out of bad situations to use very often.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I'd like it if they portrayed the lasso in the comic the way they do on covers. On covers it doesn't follow the rules of physics and seems to have a life of it's own. There's an image from the Golden Age where Diana is rescuing occupants form a burning building and the lasso coils itself into a series of S shapes, making a ladder for them to climb down. Gravity is thrown completely out the window as a dozen people descend a rope that's not attached to anything but Diana's hands while she's standing on the ground. It's a magic lasso, they should show that it's magic more often in modern times.

I also miss the ability it had to change clothing as well as the Fires of Hestia. Those both could have been used to good effect during Azzarello's run.

Also the power to command trumps any truth telling capabilities but I guess it's too much of an easy way out of bad situations to use very often.
    I used to love when the Lasso did crazy things ... I loved in the Super Friends cartoon that she could telepathically control it too. One of my complaints about N52 is putting the Lasso on the back burner behind the sword. The Lasso is such a distinctive WW tool that I find myself missing that she used it in pretty much every single issue pre-52 but Azzarello, Soule and Johns all left it largely unused.

3176925-7499832981-18154.jpg
    Last edited by Darius; 11-24-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Agreed. This is why I think she ability to control the size and link herself when need it would be cool. I would take the lasso over sword because yea sword is cool but the lasso is a non violent weapon . I also think her pre crisis should be mixed in and that fire ability in the post crisis.

One of my problems is that the WW film will not she. A fair balances