BANNED

Default Wonder Woman Goes to Tartarus

Over the years there have been several stories of Wonder Woman venturing into the underworld. Which were your favorites and why?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Mine was the JLU episode where Diana and Shayera venture to Hades.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

1. Challenge of the Gods - Diana enters Doom's Doorway battles Cottus, the Hydra and eventually meets Diana Trevor

2. The Bronze Doors - Diana and Wonder Girl enter Tartarus at Athena's behest to rescue Hermes, fight monsters and Cassie finds out she's the daughter of Zeus and Ares negotiates to become God of the Underworld in addition to God of War

3. New 52- Zola is kidnapped by Hades and Diana is forced into an arranged marriage to save her life

4. WW Future's End #1 - Nemesis traps Wonder Woman in Tartarus, where she was fighting demons as an apocalyptic battle played in her head

5. WW 603 the Odyssey - Wonder Woman is fighting demons when attacked from behind and her soul is sent to Tartarus, to free herself from the underworld she has to get past Cerberus

6. Justice League Unlimited Season 2 Episode 5 The Balance - Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl go to hell

7. Wonder Woman Annual #8 - Diana, Cassie, Nubia and Artemis fight apes in the underworld

I should have done a poll to help you guys remember, but I didn't because it feels like I'm missing some. I think Diana Prince went to Tartarus as part of getting her Wonder Woman powers back, but I'm sketchy on the details.

Probably Challenge of the Gods ... Although I did like the New 52 adventure in some ways too ... I loved how they interpreted Hades and his world, but the story wasn't as compelling as the Perez work.

I LOVED The Bronze Doors.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Probably Challenge of the Gods ... Although I did like the New 52 adventure in some ways too ... I loved how they interpreted Hades and his world, but the story wasn't as compelling as the Perez work.
    I liked Wonder Woman's wedding dress, most especially the clutching dead hands and how they subtly fit stars on it. That was one of the few Azzarello adventures I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I liked Wonder Woman's wedding dress, most especially the clutching dead hands and how they subtly fit stars on it. That was one of the few Azzarello adventures I enjoyed.

I liked it too! But I still found Perez story more compelling on this particular subject. Artistically Chiang (and team, I think he only worked on part of this arc) knocked this out of the park!

EDIT: Although I do have to say in looking at this scan, the proportions are a bit off ... her arms are about a foot too long!
    Last edited by Darius; 11-24-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: additional point