Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    It was Action Comics Annual #3

Gorgeous stuff by Tom Grummett.

That version (Byrne) of Superman was able to be President because of an aspect of his origin that almost every other version of him didn't/doesn't have
    Thanks adkal! I should have known that you would have the answer. Glad to see that you remember the story as well. I'll certainly have to dig it out of my collection and give it another read.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    Thanks adkal! I should have known that you would have the answer. Glad to see that you remember the story as well. I'll certainly have to dig it out of my collection and give it another read.
    Happy to help.

Go read it!

It's one of my favourites, too (and lovingly seared into my brain (along with episodes of Knight Rider, Thundercats...and so on... )

Yeah - The Super Six was great.

I can never understand how people like Speeding Bullets though. To me, that book seemed to just mix Superman and Batman in the most unimaginative way and just went through the motions.

Incredible Member

I've always liked stories that teamed up both the Superman and batman families, so for me the easy answer is Generations by John Byrne. The original one, with just the two families in it. A good, fun read.

Red Son is easily my favorite overall, but I really enjoy a lot of things about The Dark Side and War of the Worlds.

I'm not sure I really want to count something like All-Star Superman, but hey, if it counts it belongs at the top.

I want to say Generations but I only read it once many years ago, so I really shouldn't.

Being sort of Proto-Elseworld Imaginary Stories, what do you all think about the likes Superman Red and Superman Blue, The Death of Superman or Superman 2001?

The original Death of Superman is amazing. I particularly love the maniacal Luthor.