Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Darth Vader

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

that's right.

Yeah, Vader's been a blast to read. Shame he won't be back on UXM but I can contend myself with the full UXM collection and the Up and coming Siege.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Kieron Gillen had Namor handle a hostile quasi-Lovecraftian creature by having sex with it, and I will always love him for that.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

with the exception of Danger and Hope, this team/ run of UXM was a landmark. well written and drawn. I hadn't been that excited about reading UXM since the NEW AGE team, who were pretty much flawless.

It reAlly did bring something new to the X-Men its a landmark that changed everything

Spectacular Member

His final issues wrapping up AvX had me in tears. Even as short as it was I consider it one of the greatest runs in Xmen.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Very under appreciated run. I feel if it lasted longer, it would be up there with Morrison's run. For a team that included mostly characters I disliked (the exceptions being Magik & Namor and later Psylocke), I feel Volume 2 of Uncanny is impeccably flawless. And he was one of the only writers to utilize Psylocke in a progressive way after her huge push in UXFv1.

I don't recall any times I was stoked to get a comicbook before this or after this. That's how great I feel his run is.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

It felt like it really did move the X-Men Into a new era

His Uncanny was the best thing about both AvX & Fear Itself. Although that doesn't sound really hard, most ties ins to tend to be terrible, but he seemed to excel when being under a lot of editorial control

Started off poorly with the aliens from Whedon's run but it picked up speed fast.

Also my biggest gripe with Bendis is he ignored Gillen's take on Magik which made her the A-list she is today;

What. A. Line

the AvX Consequences series he did was also really good and a fitting end - pity it promised so much which then Bendis failed to deliver.
    Last edited by Senyaka; 06-26-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Bendis run did fall flat. After last will

Don't get me wrong, for the most part enjoyed Bendis's follow up Uncanny, but Gillen left it with so much promise i'm sad there wasn't more follow up to his ideas.

Gillens Sinister getting trashed into being a Wolverine villian. Horrible treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaka View Post
    His Uncanny was the best thing about both AvX & Fear Itself. Although that doesn't sound really hard, most ties ins to tend to be terrible, but he seemed to excel when being under a lot of editorial control

Started off poorly with the aliens from Whedon's run but it picked up speed fast.

Also my biggest gripe with Bendis is he ignored Gillen's take on Magik which made her the A-list she is today;

What. A. Line

the AvX Consequences series he did was also really good and a fitting end - pity it promised so much which then Bendis failed to deliver.
    I truly believe that Gillen's run was the pinnacle of the X-titles since Morrison/Whedon. I was skeptical of the line-up (such a powerhouse team) but he made it work and also made Magik into a real X-Man (from just a New Mutants team character) and then Bendis completely dropped the ball on any character through line. Wish Gillen would come back to the X-titles.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Agent brand as a mutant was great