Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Agent brand as a mutant was great
    QFT. Head of super far reaching secret agency secretly a member of oppressed minority group was and excellent twist. Very Ester.

Spectacular Member

Probably the worst X-Men run I've read. (Granted I haven't read a lot of the 90s stuff.) Some of the relationship stuff with Peter and Illyana, and Emma and Scott at the end was really good, and really enjoyed AVX Consequences, but man, the Sinister stuff got so old, that wasn't the Sinister remembered from back in the Claremont days, and it just went on forever. The SWORD stuff was terrible, The Unit is the most pointless character of all-time. Hated Juggerlossus or whatever that was. I felt Namor was wasted by both Fraction and Gillen. Very forgettable. Definitely overshadowed by Aaron's superior Wolverine and the X-Men which was going on at the time, before it took a dip in quality.

People do hate Morrisons run and that was genius

Spectacular Member

Morrison's run was great. I had some problem's with the last arc, but other than that I thought it was a landmark run.

Great line up(minus Hope and Danger). Awesome artwork. However, it didn't really work for me. I felt all the comparisons to The Authority going into the run was actually counterproductive, because nothing in this run had the feel of those early Authority issues(which were AMAZING). He really focused on his villains, Sinster and Unit, who were overwrought in my opinion, leaving the actual teammates underdeveloped. Then AvX came in and derailed the whole thing before it felt like they got anywhere. C+ at best for me, mostly for the gorgeous art.

Storm, Namor, Magneto et al operating on a global scale, actually trying to scare people should have been epic. They literally could have changed the face of the planet(without any silly Phoenix 5 power-ups).

Wasted potential.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    People do hate Morrisons run and that was genius
    People hated Morrison's run because his fans claimed it was genius.

I love Gillen's X-Men. The Extinction Team+Psylocke is probably the best main X-team in recent years IMO.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Best UXM run in quite a while, but holy hell were the villains and SWORD stuff bad. Still don't get why folks complain about Bendis' run not being a proper thematic follow-up, really.