Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default NBC Hits Brakes On "Constantine," But Season 2 Still Possible

The network will stop production on the DC Comics-based drama after the initial 13-episode order, but the supernatural drama remains in contention for renewal.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

its not even aired n uk yet but i bet the downloads are high

let it live longer

BatMite

"Both of those shows have already been renewed for a second season"...uh, I don't think that's true.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatMite View Post
    "Both of those shows have already been renewed for a second season"...uh, I don't think that's true.
    I think they meant to say "Both of those shows have received a full season order" (Meaning they started with a standard 13 episode order and then had it bumped to a full 22ish on the basis of ratings/positive feedback).

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I kinda like Constantine but I don't like the actor playing him and yes I am judging from the comics not the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I kinda like Constantine but I don't like the actor playing him and yes I am judging from the comics not the movie.
    Judging from the comics this guy is the perfect Constantine.

BANNED

Judging from the comics this guy is the perfect Constantine.
    Get outta here. This guy is blonde and british.
    He's not a Hawaiian-Chinese-English-Irish-Portuguese american like the real Constantine.

Matt Ryan is the perfect Constantine. Best thing about the show. Hope this show gets renewed, it had everything working against it with debuting during the World Series and being in the death slot. Probably my favourite based on a comic out of those on tv right now.

Spectacular Member

The time slot didn't really give it much of a chance, although I checked it out and didn't like it very much. It will be interesting to see what happens. I wonder if this show would do better on a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon prime.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Get outta here. This guy is blonde and british.
    He's not a Hawaiian-Chinese-English-Irish-Portuguese american like the real Constantine.
    Posts like this make me want to turn my stove to the highest heat and scald myself

Amazing Member

I like it,it airs on Amazon prime in the UK, New episodes on Saturday nights. I'm enjoying John and zeds relationship, wish Chas was used a bit more though.
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Hopefully CW picks it up. It would be the perfect series to replace Supernatural now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I haven't seen this show, but do they pronounce his name Constant-teen? Because that would be the make or break issue for me. If his name is pronounced in that aberrant way, then I'll be giving it a miss. If not, I'll give it a shot.

This may seem like a pedantic or trivial way to decide my viewing preferences, but there we are

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I haven't seen this show, but do they pronounce his name Constant-teen? Because that would be the make or break issue for me. If his name is pronounced in that aberrant way, then I'll be giving it a miss. If not, I'll give it a shot.

This may seem like a pedantic or trivial way to decide my viewing preferences, but there we are
    They pronounce it -teen. I assume it's due to that being the way it's pronounced on this side of the pond rather than sticking a finger at the comics.

The show's still finding its voice, and I feel like they're trying to make John too likable. I think this is going to end up one of those shows where, if they're given enough free reign, can make a show that is great, but this first season is trying to convince Ma and Pa America to accept a version of Constantine that is different than the movie version, and I don't know if that can be overcome.

(I say this as someone who loves the movie and can separate it from what's in the comics, am okay with the change in pronouncing the last name, and am hoping for a truer representation of Hellraiser on this show.)
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

On the one hand, a lot of series in the US could benefit from shorter seasons. On the other, this is clearly not an artistic decision and it blows. Watching this and "Grimm" with my daughter is one of my simple pleasures in life.

We will still have "Grimm" I guess but she was really digging this show and that's kind of cool.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.