Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2250

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess you're right on the whole Simon and Rogue thing, but, for Wiccan, on her solo(issue 8 I think) she talks to her therapist about the problems she has with seeing them, because the whole resurrection thing is messy, so was her life at the time and the things that happened because of it, and she didn't raise them or had much to do with their lifes. Still, at the end she decides to go meet them anyway and things turn out fine. As MaximoffTrash said, she showed up on New Avengers and invited Billy for tea, and on the previous issue he went to see her to talk about his planned wedding.

That's not as much interactions as we should have, yeah, but, there wasn't much stuff after it besides a couple of other issues of her solo, her terrible SE role and Uncanny Avengers. Since they adressed where she stands on that situation + she was there the last time Billy was being used on a book, I think it's fair enough to assume that she's just too busy or that some interaction is happening off-panel, rather than say she doesn't care. I understand that from an in-story POV, we can't just say "it's not her fault because the writer didn't want to use her", but I don't see how that's the same for her being possessed.

She also guest starred on like 2 issues of Vision's book, and he was there on the ending of hers, so it's not like they completely forgot about each other either.
    Thank you for understanding that I am criticizing the role that writers and editors gave to Wanda and not criticizing the character.

I remember this issue of the solo was in it that pointed out that Wanda was avoiding dealing with some things of his life.

Honestly I understand Wanda should not be an easy situation with Wiccan but I'm not talking about just having a cordial relationship with him but creating a real connection for the safe of humanity. But this again is more the writers' fault than the character itself, just wish they had made a little more effort with Wanda she deserved this before starting over whatever path she chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL it would just be rude and inconsiderate of her to say that. She still cares for Simon and doesn't want to hut him. And nothing she said is somehow untrue. She did find a new path on her series, and it's been some time since she wanted to move on from her past. Finding new connections with other people instead of insisting on old failed relatonships is a part of that.
    Now I REALLY wish peeps would want that with Rogue and Gambit. Let characters move on from their past.

BANNED

Characters need new stories to stay relevant and fresh. I get people shipping certain characters, but there's fanfiction for that reason. Having characters rehash their past or just a new take on their past gets monotonous.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    Characters need new stories to stay relevant and fresh. I get people shipping certain characters, but there's fanfiction for that reason. Having characters rehash their past or just a new take on their past gets monotonous.
    OMG Thank you!

Hi all!
    New Avengers by BMB. Is it worth checking out or purchasing? I typically enjoy more of the street level marvel heroes and heard this is the street level Avengers basically.

What are some of your favorite Avenger trades that would be worth checking out?

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Hi all!
    New Avengers by BMB. Is it worth checking out or purchasing? I typically enjoy more of the street level marvel heroes and heard this is the street level Avengers basically.

What are some of your favorite Avenger trades that would be worth checking out?
    Hi! I also prefer street level heroes and I loved New Avengers, it is one of my favourite series of all time. I enjoyed most of the initial (~2004) run, but I found the ~2010 relaunched series wasn't quite as good. If you're looking for specific trades, I enjoyed the issues from #1-31 and #48-64 the best, with Secret Invasion #1-8 read in the gap. Though it would be good if you could read the remaining issues at least once.

Other favourite Avengers runs would be the first and third Uncanny Avengers series (seeing as I am in this thread lol), the first 12 or 24 issues of New Avengers by Jonathan Hickman, and maybe the 2014 and 2015 Secret Avengers series.

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    Hi! I also prefer street level heroes and I loved New Avengers, it is one of my favourite series of all time. I enjoyed most of the initial (~2004) run, but I found the ~2010 relaunched series wasn't quite as good. If you're looking for specific trades, I enjoyed the issues from #1-31 and #48-64 the best, with Secret Invasion #1-8 read in the gap. Though it would be good if you could read the remaining issues at least once.

Other favourite Avengers runs would be the first and third Uncanny Avengers series (seeing as I am in this thread lol), the first 12 or 24 issues of New Avengers by Jonathan Hickman, and maybe the 2014 and 2015 Secret Avengers series.
    Fantastic! Thank you!

Shredded Man, the first villain of UA vol 3 and Synapse's grandfather, appeared in X-Men Gold this week, along with Rogue. Could Synapse, despite being an Inhuman, next show up in that title?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Someone just asked Jim Zub why there's no Inhuman telepaths. He said he didn't know and to ask the Inhumans writers. Embarrassingly, that's the wrong answer, as Synapse is a telepath! Zub should've known that, as he wrote the last arc of Uncanny Avengers and co-wrote No Surrender.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Someone just asked Jim Zub why there's no Inhuman telepaths. He said he didn't know and to ask the Inhumans writers. Embarrassingly, that's the wrong answer, as Synapse is a telepath! Zub should've known that, as he wrote the last arc of Uncanny Avengers and co-wrote No Surrender.
    And there is also Swain who is an empath. And Maximus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wouldn't say "embarrassingly." The guy writes a lot of books. I think it's understandable that his recall on every character he's dealt with isn't 100% a 100% of the time.

You'd think Synapse would jump out by virtue of being the only Inhuman telepath .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You'd think Synapse would jump out by virtue of being the only Inhuman telepath .
    There are others though one might be dead depending on if writers choose to follow DotI. Ahura is an alive and big one. In terms of psionic power is in the top 3 of earths