BANNED

Default How do you regard Aaron's Avengers guest appearances?

From its inception this team has appeared three times now afaik in other titles sentry hulk and now the X men red. now the premier team of avengers does warrant their appearing in other titles if the situation is dire enough to warrant it but does this seem to be the precursor to a wolverine like situation where they could just start appearing for no cogent reason? are you enjoying these guest appearances(if so which title do you want them to turn up in next?} or do they feel perfunctory or forced to you and you feel that they should stop or are the appearances moderate enough so far that you don't have any particular opinion?

The Hulk appearance was great. As the premiere hero team comprised of 5 of the top 8 Marvel heroes they should be popping up if the story or situation calls for it.

If there is another Hulk like situation I think its great.

I don't really count the X-men appearance. X-books are off in their own universe that rarely seem to interact or brush with the rest of the 616 accept in those titles.
    The J-man

What issue was this in for X-Men Red? What did they do in the issue?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-08-2018 at 02:39 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

The hulk one seemed appropriate but they as a team proved underwhelming imo again

Sentry I found poor and just a squash match, jobbing to sell him, so in a way I felt it was the other way around, the sentry was pushed at them even in his own book

Haven't seen the x book

In the Hulk appearance the only one who really got worked was Thor. You could argue She-Hulk if you want but I thought she faired better. Captain Marvel was evacuating and didn't fight.

Has Ghost Rider even appeared outside of the main Avengers book?

they were in Sentry?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    What issue was this in for X-Men Red? What did do in the issue?
    In X-Men Red they've been going up against this psychic thats turning the world against Mutants. Jean calls Tony Stark for help. Than there is a big fight at the end and Avengers show up to join the battle. It doesn't really make sense with the current continuity. Namor and the Atlantians are written completely different. She-Hulk and Carol look different. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that one.
    The J-man

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They also appeared in Astonishing X-Men and Life of Captain Marvel.

I don't really have much an opinion on this, but I definitely sit closer to the 'I don't think it's a problem' camp. I mean it's The Avengers... It makes sense they'd pop their heads in every now and again.

Extraordinary Member

One of the things that defines an era of Marvel comics is seeing who shows up when "The Avengers" make a cameo. So people who read Vision will see the Avengers from the era when almost every Avenger was a legacy hero. And then there was that odd era when Hickman was writing the Avengers but it was Remender's Uncanny Avengers team that showed up in Young Avengers and All-New X-Men.

So yeah, the Avengers, whoever they happen to be, should pop up in other comics. They don't have to do much, but it's tradition to have them at least appear and explain why they can't actually do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    In X-Men Red they've been going up against this psychic thats turning the world against Mutants. Jean calls Tony Stark for help. Than there is a big fight at the end and Avengers show up to join the battle. It doesn't really make sense with the current continuity. Namor and the Atlantians are written completely different. She-Hulk and Carol look different. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that one.
    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    In the Hulk appearance the only one who really got worked was Thor. You could argue She-Hulk if you want but I thought she faired better. Captain Marvel was evacuating and didn't fight.

Has Ghost Rider even appeared outside of the main Avengers book?

they were in Sentry?

It does fit with current continuity, but needs to take place after Avengers #6 and before Avengers #8 (Life of Captain Marvel takes place between them as well, which explains Carol's long hair). Extermination is after Red, and Avengers #8 onwards is after that. Avengers #8 revealed that Jennifer can now use both her original She-Hulk form and her new Savage Hulk form. That was Aaron correcting himself to acknowledge how her solo ended. So slim Jen isn't a mistake.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I like their Hulk appearance more than anything, but that’s just the Hulk fan in me.

In the Sentry they were more than just wallpaper with none to do other than keeping the damage to a minimum.

Also with their appearance in x-men Red maybe we can finally get to have Jean and Captain America talk to each other on the events of everything regarding how the Avengers fit into the mutants world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    In the Sentry they were more than just wallpaper with none to do other than keeping the damage to a minimum.

Also with their appearance in x-men Red maybe we can finally get to have Jean and Captain America talk to each other on the events of everything regarding how the Avengers fit into the mutants world.
    I liked the Avengers in Sentry. Tony was just trying to help Sentry and it didn't work out how he or the Avengers wanted it. I'm am very glad to see Tony and the Avengers are in X-Men Red. Tony helped out the X-Men in The Hunt for Wolverine and he's helping out again. Hopefully it will be like you study to were the Avengers and X-Men work together more.