Page 10 of 150 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Having read UA #20, I think all the dead characters will be back next issue. They everyone will be together again.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/05/28...series-lineup/

The Axis event will heavily impact this title:

Ahead of Special Edition NYC, the comics-centric convention put on by the organizers of the New York Comic Con, Marvel Comics have been promoting the show, and their upcoming event series Axis, in the New York Subway with a new poster by artist Jim Cheung.
    The poster, pictured above, isn’t the standard cover image we’ve seen so far for Axis, featuring a handful of Marvel’s most dangerous villains. Instead, the transit poster features a motley crew of heroes including Thor, Storm, Deadpool, Medusa and more. It’s arguably notable that excepting Thor and Loki, there are no “arch nemeses” accounted for, with characters like Carnage and Red Skull on the previously-released cover but Spider-Man and Captain America nowhere to be seen on the transit poster.
    Marvel will have a significant presence at Special Edition NYC, which will take place at the Javits Center in New York in just over two weeks.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 05-28-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Having read UA #20, I think all the dead characters will be back next issue. They everyone will be together again.
    I feel like everyone but Simon. Hopefully, not, though. He's been sidelined for a while.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by judaspaladin View Post
    Hey guys I got my issue of UA 20

Without spoiling too much the issue is an amazing read; the fights were awesome and there was one very amusing scene with Wasp that brought a smile to my face. On another note before this series I had never had much exposure to Kang in the comics -I did love him Avengers: EMH and forever hear that version's badass voice when reading his dialogue- but this series -and issue- has made a fan out of me, hail the conqueror!
    Sounds good always enjoy seeing Kang. And thanks everyone especially Chief Jon, for answering. I had no idea people were getting tired of X-men being isolated I always thought people liked that about the X-men being isolated fighting only mutant related problems. Perhaps I will give this series a another look and be less critical of it just because of its predecessor event.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Sounds good always enjoy seeing Kang. And thanks everyone especially Chief Jon, for answering. I had no idea people were getting tired of X-men being isolated I always thought people liked that about the X-men being isolated fighting only mutant related problems. Perhaps I will give this series a another look and be less critical of it just because of its predecessor event.
    Thanks you, hombre. I suspect that you're right, that there are many X-Fans out there (or at least a sufficiently vocal minority) that like the insular tone that the X-Books (especially UXM) have taken in recent years, but to me it has always seemed like a hypocritical move away from the message of challenging bigotry that got me into the X-Men (and by extension comics) in the first place as kid in the late 1980s.

JP & broski, I am all kinds of jealous of you. Hopefully I'll be up to speed by this time tomorrow. Broski, I know just what you mean about having to wait for the next issue, that's how I feel every month with this book. And I'm gettin All New Invaders today too . . . man oh man, I am getting spoiled today.

Yeah, I don't just read X-men alone. While I don't always want crossovers interrupting every story, I always remember that this is called the Marvel Universe and enjoy the crossovers when they happen. It's what makes these stories great when you can read the X-men and then have someone like Spiderman, Captain Marvel, or the Hulk to show you that this all part of a even greater world where they can all come together to fight off huge forces in event titles or crossovers. Thats just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    I feel like everyone but Simon. Hopefully, not, though. He's been sidelined for a while.
    But Rogue was the first of the team to die right? So if they go far enough back to save her, then it should save him too hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    But Rogue was the first of the team to die right? So if they go far enough back to save her, then it should save him too hopefully.
    I think that's techincally true, though Wanda was the first to be mortally wounded (because Logan hasn't lost his healing factor yet as of this tale). I know Simon was severely weakened though and regardless he has no desire to operate in the field any more.

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

Ah man. Those feels at the end of 20

Simon deserves a chance to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I think that's techincally true, though Wanda was the first to be mortally wounded (because Logan hasn't lost his healing factor yet as of this tale). I know Simon was severely weakened though and regardless he has no desire to operate in the field any more.
    Yeah I thought about the that after I posted, It all kinda happened very much together. But still, hopefully he'll make it and the whole team can unite... I'm also interested in how the five traveling back handle explaining to the dead four what happened all while still fighting off both twins and all four horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    Yeah I thought about the that after I posted, It all kinda happened very much together. But still, hopefully he'll make it and the whole team can unite... I'm also interested in how the five traveling back handle explaining to the dead four what happened all while still fighting off both twins and all four horsemen.
    Same here. Alright, time for me to go buy comics! Best week of the month!

I think we've seen the last of Alex and Janet. Although, they did get an adorable goodbye.

Next issue should see the return of our fallen heroes, which is most welcome.

I full loved seeing Alex and Scott hug it out. This is probably one of my favorite scenes in the entire series so far. It was so perfect!

Ororo ending up on the side of the angles, siding with Scott and Alex was just icing on the cake here.

Fantastic issue, all around. It was fully all heart wrenchy. I may have gotten a little misty eyed more than once. Possibly.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Whoa, wait a minute Klinton, if they are the same couple who's minds got sent back into their younger bodies, wouldn't they still be a couple?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Whoa, wait a minute Klinton, if they are the same couple who's minds got sent back into their younger bodies, wouldn't they still be a couple?
    That's what I assumed up until reading this issue. Now, I'm not so sure. It seemed like a big, dramatic send off, where they were themselves unsure.

Perhaps I misread it (hopefully, actually), but it felt an awful lot like 'goodbye'. I'll give it another read theough after dinner.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    That's what I assumed up until reading this issue. Now, I'm not so sure. It seemed like a big, dramatic send off, where they were themselves unsure.

Perhaps I misread it (hopefully, actually), but it felt an awful lot like 'goodbye'. I'll give it another read theough after dinner.
    I'm just hoping they are still together because it's been one of the most interesting things about this series, so hopefully this won't be the end.