Page 100 of 150 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2250

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Uncanny Avengers 5
    Another x-man in the mix - Gambit

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/19/excl...january-2016/5
    Love it. Favorite X-Man. Hope he sticks around and isn't just there to prop up Rogue. Which I'm sure he's not. Duggan is writing after all.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Love it. Favorite X-Man. Hope he sticks around and isn't just there to prop up Rogue. Which I'm sure he's not. Duggan is writing after all.
    Let's wait for the issue to come out. I am sure Gambit will get a great storyline. Also, talking about being Rogue's prop while Rogue took a massive character beating in UA under Remender, is just too soon! She absolutely deserves some spotlight and love to her character.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Let's wait for the issue to come out. I am sure Gambit will get a great storyline. Also, talking about being Rogue's prop while Rogue took a massive character beating in UA under Remender, is just too soon! She absolutely deserves some spotlight and love to her character.
    I think both Gambit and Rogue would be written well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think both Gambit and Rogue would be written well too.
    Well Gambit and Rogue written well can uplift both characters even better if we can uplift the whole team. It's nice to see some positives . This team has some serious personalities and power. I am looking forward to Pietro and Gambit bickering again with Deadpool for giggles... They were pretty good in ANXF.

Is there a pool for which team member is the first to try kill Deadpool?

Also are there cross overs with Black Knight and Squadron Supreme?
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 10-21-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

It's a shame that Havok left pre Secret Wars and not part of the reboot.I really feel that he didn't really fulfill his potential as a member especially when he was the one that suppose to be the leader of the group when the concept of the Avengers unity team was created by Captain America (and Thor?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    It's a shame that Havok left pre Secret Wars and not part of the reboot.I really feel that he didn't really fulfill his potential as a member especially when he was the one that suppose to be the leader of the group when the concept of the Avengers unity team was created by Captain America (and Thor?)
    I agree. I felt like it came through during the Avenge the Earth arc, but I question how much of that trajectory and momentum was lost because Remender's AXIS story got rushed out and altered into an event to hit before Time Runs Out. And then any follow-up he might have done in volume 2 was, of course, derailed by Secret Wars only allowing the one story arc focused on Wanda & Pietro.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Well Gambit and Rogue written well can uplift both characters even better if we can uplift the whole team. It's nice to see some positives . This team has some serious personalities and power. I am looking forward to Pietro and Gambit bickering again with Deadpool for giggles... They were pretty good in ANXF.

I wouldn't say crossovers but they will be appearing in those issues to fight them but only in the issues of Black Knight and Squadron Supreme.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So I have read the first issue of the new volume, and I have to say that Duggan does a pretty good job, he sets up the new HQ, the new line-up, and sets up what problems the team will have while still trying to live up to the idea of Unity.

On to the team itself, mainly the new members is what I want to discuss because those who stayed, Rogue, Steve, and Voodoo, are all great in my opinion. I think Deadpool is not only a fun addition to the team with his usual antics but he also adds tension to the group as a few members of the team want him gone, although I hope that he can prove them wrong and show them that he is a good guy to have around. Quicksilver's new outlook on life is fun to see and is a nice enough change from his usual stick in the mud self. Human Torch doesn't add all that much, although it is only the first issue. And then there's Synapse, who I believe is a brand new hero that Duggan created for the team, and I think for an introduction she seems ok. She's fairly new, as a Inhuman with some sort of mental ability who seems to be trying to get used to being an Avenger, and I'd kind of like to know her backstory to find out why she's here.

It's definitely changed quite a bit since the first volume but overall it's still a fun series, and I recommend it.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-21-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I was one of the people who thought that gambit showing up had a lot of potential and could be quite good. But now that this torch thing has been made up out of thin air and now this very 'sweet' cover, it's obviously not going to happen. He'll show up as a bad guy for one or two issues and get beat up (possibly by torch) *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I was one of the people who thought that gambit showing up had a lot of potential and could be quite good. But now that this torch thing has been made up out of thin air and now this very 'sweet' cover, it's obviously not going to happen. He'll show up as a bad guy for one or two issues and get beat up (possibly by torch) *sigh*
    Knowing Rogues family, there's probably a 50% chance it's really just Mystique messing with Rogue again.

BANNED

man issue one sure has gotten some mixed reviews on the internet

I loved the first two volumes of this series, but I don't like this version and won't be following it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I loved the first two volumes of this series, but I don't like this version and won't be following it anymore.
    I think the same but I'm gonna read the first arc and decide then.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I'm feeling the same way. I was intrigued by the story in Avengers #0, but when I flipped through the premiere issue of this volume I just couldn't bring myself to lay down the $5. Maybe a flip through #2 will change my mind, but it seems like a pretty different book in terms of both tone and storytelling. i.e. not what I'm looking for at this time.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Well it's just over a month till they confirm the final member. With time for the dust settle after they dropped that cover on us there is a large probability he will only be guest starring. Hopefully it's not another beat up. Time will tell I guess and I'll wait patiently. Hopefully it's a good appearance and it brings some fun with it.