Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2250

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I loved the first two volumes of this series, but I don't like this version and won't be following it anymore.
    I think the issue with it is that not only is it a new creative team but also the line-up itself is completely different then when the series began, in fact the only original team members are Rogue and Steve Rogers, while still trying to live up to what the idea behind the team is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I loved the first two volumes of this series, but I don't like this version and won't be following it anymore.
    I feel the book finally started getting good. I definitely think it's a perfect jumping on point. The previous volumes were terrible.
    Last edited by jen; 11-01-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think the issue with it is that not only is it a new creative team but also the line-up itself is completely different then when the series began, in fact the only original team members are Rogue and Steve Rogers, while still trying to live up to what the idea behind the team is.
    I like this line up much better to be honest. I think the series chose right in keeping Rogue & Cap. Cap mentoring Rogue in the leadership role is very promising and actually feels more like a true unity squad.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I like this line up much better to be honest. I think the series chose right in keeping Rogue & Cap. Cap mentoring Rogue in the leadership role is very promising and actually feels more like a true unity squad.
    I honestly LOVE this part as well, felt fluid and well executed by Duggan! Steve has always been a good mentor, but not that he is elderly, still active which is impressive, but he can't do what he did anymore and him giving Rogue advise works on Many Multiple levels cause of this and the history the Unity Team has been threw that many of use who have been following the Unity team since the Very Beginning can appreciate so much!

Steve is a Good mentor at giving people who made wrong chooses a chance to prove themselves and that is what we get with Deadpool. But Rogue holding down the law about Deadpool and who he is really makes for a good pulling edge for the team to have to work together that is justified very well. Rogue's diaglue in each word benifits her so much, Duggan really knows how to bring Greatness out of both her and Steve!

Finally, Makes me Happy MORE THAN You can KNOW that you are liking this volume Jen!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Finally, Makes me Happy MORE THAN You can KNOW that you are liking this volume Jen!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
    So far Duggan has a nice set up issue. I like that no one here is a plot device and the idea of unity is front and center. I hope the art gets better but I am on board CJStriker!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

So far Duggan has a nice set up issue. I like that no one here is a plot device and the idea of unity is front and center. I hope the art gets better but I am on board CJStriker!
    The art indeed I would say was the weaker part of the book, just very weird his style, Ryan Stegman, how he draws body limbs like arms and legs and how he defines the muscles of the body, looks look knots. However not completely defending it, I must say it Grew on me as the book went on, seemed to get better as the book went on, Stegman grew on me, that was impressive. His Faces and hair and definition of world is what grew on me the most and how he Drew Rogues who Head was a Fresh Breath of Air from so many hoodie ones!

The whole idea of no foiling of characters to fight each other is a Great start-up as well, relief from the original run indeed.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I liked all that as well.

I agree with you guys on the art being one of my few negatives on this issue. Its not horrible but It could use some work.

BANNED

man i do not know what to think about this....the art wasn't stegman's best and made the book a chore at some points to get through plus not much even happened and Steve just came off as this clueless grandpa who thinks he knows what's best for his grand children

I do like that it looks like another X-guy is joining the team.

They seemed somewhat under-represented at the start.

Mighty Member

I think the second issue is better than the first in almost every way. Even Ryan Stegman's art seems to be transitioning into something far more pleasing. I've got to wonder if he's happy about that though, having to fall back on his less divisive style. I imagine he wouldn't have even attempted to go Cap'm Squigglyarms if he wasn't excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I think the second issue is better than the first in almost every way. Even Ryan Stegman's art seems to be transitioning into something far more pleasing. I've got to wonder if he's happy about that though, having to fall back on his less divisive style. I imagine he wouldn't have even attempted to go Cap'm Squigglyarms if he wasn't excited about it.
    Usually I think second issues are better than the first. First issues are often filled with exposition. Second issues is where things really get going.

Still, the roster is fun. If Spider-Man returns and Deadpool gets his old partner to stick around, we could have 2 classic bromances on one team at the same time. That's almost too much bromance at once.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Let's hope he does a better job with Rogue than he did with Havok who was suppose to lead the team into a new era but has ended up as just a footnote in Avengers history.

Thought this thread could use a good jolt, so I thought I'd ask what did people think of the Uncanny Avengers appearance in Black Knight this week?

I had to borrow it from a friend but from what I read it wasn't a bad cameo and it looks like they are a big part of the 1st arc of the series, and probably will be for the foreseeable future. Some of the team got a few cool scenes fighting fantasy creatures, such as Rouge absorbing the powers of a lighting dragon, and it looks to continue in the next issue as they have to fight off the rest of Black Knight's army.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Thought this thread could use a good jolt, so I thought I'd ask what did people think of the Uncanny Avengers appearance in Black Knight this week?

I had to borrow it from a friend but from what I read it wasn't a bad cameo and it looks like they are a big part of the 1st arc of the series, and probably will be for the foreseeable future. Some of the team got a few cool scenes fighting fantasy creatures, such as Rouge absorbing the powers of a lighting dragon, and it looks to continue in the next issue as they have to fight off the rest of Black Knight's army.
    I do wonder if this will be the Avengers mean which will show up the most often when other books need an Avengers team in it.

All New All Different seems to be the "main" Avengers book or whatever, but with a cast half consisting of minors it might not necessarily be the Avengers team you want acting as your first line of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do wonder if this will be the Avengers mean which will show up the most often when other books need an Avengers team in it.

All New All Different seems to be the "main" Avengers book or whatever, but with a cast half consisting of minors it might not necessarily be the Avengers team you want acting as your first line of defense.
    Considering that they will also be up against the Squadron Supreme and that SHIELD calls them in Avengers: Standoff where they will be fighting the All-new All-Different Avengers, this may in fact be the team that gets called in when Marvel needs an Avenger team to fight other heroes and teams.

Not to mention the New Avengers aren't trusted by the US Government and you've already stated why people may not be that big on using the ANAD Avengers.
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-10-2015 at 09:38 PM.
    Words to live by.