Page 105 of 150 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2250

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Uncanny Avengers is definately the most improved book at marvel right now. It's a bit of a shame it took time to get this good. If it had started out this good, I think Uncanny would be THE Avengers book.
    I have to say that the first arc was very weak, but luckyly it started to get stronger post the event of Pleasant Hill, especially with Pepe Larraz joining to the book as a co-artist.

BANNED

Johnrevenge:
    That's true that first arc was weak. Especially first issue.
    Pleasant hill has really good for me. And later was even better.

Uncanny Avengers #12 sold 39,337 copies and Uncanny Avengers #13 sold 37,908. Rick Remender issues usually sold in the 50,000s.

BANNED

Witchfan :
    That's why Duggan is two times better than Remender...
    Remender had flagship + Wolverine, Thor, Cap America, Rogue as a tier heroes, Remender started his series after Avengers the move - best hero movie of all time.
    Duggan have Deadpool as a tier heroes

Remender started with 303 722 sold copies and had 60 597 sold copies (UA vol 1 issue 13). 20% of people stayed with him...
    Duggan started with 105 234 sold copies and had 37908 sold copies (UA vol 3 issue 13). 36% of people stayed with him...

All New All Different Avengers started with 128 570 copies and had 46257 copies (ANAD issue 13) 35,9% of people stayed with this title
    Extraordinary X men 133 716(first issue) and 45037 (issue number 13) ...33,6% of people stayed with this title
    Uncanny X men 125447(first issue) and 42779 (issue 11) 33,8% of people stayed with this title

Only ANAD has similar results.
    He simply had weaker heroes for team.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Uncanny Avengers #12 sold 39,337 copies and Uncanny Avengers #13 sold 37,908. Rick Remender issues usually sold in the 50,000s.
    Sales don't indicate quality, at all. Duggan respects character history and characterization. Remender grossly mischaracterizes many characters he handles and the only good thing he introduced to the team were concepts (ex. Red Skull having Xavier's brain and "reviving" Daken and Banshee) and stakes (ex. Axis).

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Sales don't indicate quality, at all. Duggan respects character history and characterization. Remender grossly mischaracterizes many characters he handles and the only good thing he introduced to the team were concepts (ex. Red Skull having Xavier's brain and "reviving" Daken and Banshee) and stakes (ex. Axis).
    I agree. I liked more Duggan's run than Remender's because although in Duggan's roster exist some tension, it was nothing compared with what was going on in Remender's book, with all the members bitching and yelling at each other and constantly throwing drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I agree. I liked more Duggan's run than Remender's because although in Duggan's roster exist some tension, it was nothing compared with what was going on in Remender's book, with all the members bitching and yelling at each other and constantly throwing drama.
    Especially Rogue, which was a whiplash from what we've seen of her reactions to Scarlet Witch pre-AvX (where she seemed to be forgiving of Wanda for what she did)

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Especially Rogue, which was a whiplash from what we've seen of her reactions to Scarlet Witch pre-AvX (where she seemed to be forgiving of Wanda for what she did)
    I liked Duggan's take of Rogue than Remender's too. Duggan was able to bring back the rational and strong leader that Rogue can be (it was especially in the Stand off tie-in as she was able to free the remaining Avengers from Kobik's powers).

BANNED

I still try to understand why Iron Man and Vision didn't help when Unity was fighting against Celestial... Why they only look at battle instead of doing something? (they were shown in the book)
    Why Rogue was forced to absorbs many heroes who could fly in space? After absorbing Wonder Man she didn't need to absorbs Cap Marvel. Cap Marvel could go with her. Many more heroes could go with her...
    Why Rogue heard voices in her head when she absorbed powers of Avengers and X men? She didn't need to absorbs their minds... And if that was retconned off panel:
    Why Rogue still had problems with Wanda after absorbing her powers and mind? Was Wanda evil in this series?
    Why she killed this guy in issue 5? Wonder Man should know his strength.

Johnrevenge :
    Duggan was able to bring back the rational and strong leader that Rogue can be (it was especially in the Stand off tie-in as she was able to free the remaining Avengers from Kobik's powers).
    Well. Even Remender shown how good Rogue can be as a leader. In UA 24 Wanda said:"You weren't yourself"... In UA25 She started acting as a leader in next issue. Havok did nothing while Rogue freed heroes from prison before AXIS, she was shouting battle cries, she was creating plans to beat Red Onslaught.
    In UA vol 2 she was the one who created the team "...I'd gathered people who cared for her." She brought Sabertooth to find Wanda. Vision/Cap America(Sam)/Voodoo/Sabertooth go with her without knowledge why. Only later they were asking questions why .

Don't want to make assumptions but the cover for #18 suggests Elektra joins the team fully and does Wasp look like she is leading? Maybe co-leaders with Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Don't want to make assumptions but the cover for #18 suggests Elektra joins the team fully and does Wasp look like she is leading? Maybe co-leaders with Rogue?
    I think that could be an option, but I think there are other plans for Elektra and she is only there as a guest star/temporary member.

And boy I would pay a fortune to see both Rogue and Wasp acting as coleaders, it would be totally awesome

BANNED

Captain M:
    Don't want to make assumptions but the cover for #18 suggests Elektra joins the team fully
    many heroes. Maybe torch will leave them?

Wasp look like she is leading? Maybe co-leaders with Rogue?
    It looks like that. I prefer version wasp as field fommander ( leader during fights).
    Rogue as a leader but we will see.

Hmm I believe that cover I thought was for issue 18 is actually for issue 17. And the one with Red Skull is for issue 18.

That doesn't mean Elektra isn't sticking around though.

BANNED

Captain M:
    Where can i find this cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I think it's just spotlighting all the ladies involved in this arc, and probably shouldn't be taken very seriously .

Then again, at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Elektra join an Avengers team, especially one with Deadpool on it .