Page 107 of 150 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2250

I'm disappointed in the quick disposal of the S-Men. I feel as if I know nothing about them. it's a shame to waste imaginative designs (not to mention that they kill Avalanche, an older character, outside of an x-title). did they even explain the origin of their powers? were they supposed to be brainwashed mutants?

A tweet from new artist Sean Izaakse:

Sean Izaakse‏*
    @SeanIzaakse
    Follow

More
    Ah man. Reading @JimZub's Uncanny Avengers scripts has all the markings of those classic Avengers stories I loved growing up.
    4:51 AM - 26 Aug 2017

Uncanny Avengers #26 comes out today. The creators have tweeted about it:

Jim Zub‏*@JimZub 59m
    59 minutes ago

More
    Replying to @JimZub @Marvel and 6 others
    Uncanny Avengers #26+ is my Marvel Legacy-style approach (before Legacy was announced). Great characters. Plenty of drama and action.

Best of ScarletWitch and 1 other follow
    Sean Izaakse‏*@SeanIzaakse 5h
    5 hours ago

More
    Oh hey go pick up Uncanny Avengers 26 today! Very proud of what we all did on that book.

Uncanny Avengers #26 happens after Secret Empire #10, so this issue should help define the post-Secret Empire direction of the Avengers.

BANNED

Seems like they had Rogue being quite the hypocrite in this one. They've also officially stripped her of any leadership status. Not the funnest read.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Seems like they had Rogue being quite the hypocrite in this one. They've also officially stripped her of any leadership status. Not the funnest read.
    I find it a bit disappointing that they just had Rogue snap back to not trusting the Scarlet Witch without any reference to how she got over it near the end of Remender's run.

I'm sure if Zub were asked about it he'd point out that it's not impossible that Rogue would distrust Wanda anew after she got possessed yet again. And that would be true, but I prefer it when writers actually explain changes in characterization, even if it's only with one line.

The Remender run had the same thing, because he didn't address the fact that in the last issue of Children's Crusade Rogue reassured Wanda that the X-Men would eventually come around and forgive her. Though to his credit he eventually did explain the inconsistency (by saying it was Rogue's reaction to Xavier's death) when it was called to his attention.

Though this kind of thing isn't really the responsibility of the writer, but the editor. Once upon a time editors would call writers' attention to these inconsistencies and talk to them about how to explain them away. Brevoort doesn't do that any more, but I wish he did.

BANNED

Rogue, of all people, should have compassion for people who are searching for redemption. They wrote her like she either forgot her own history or like she was simply choosing to be a big fat hypocrite.

Amazing Member

Rogue, of all people, should have compassion for people who are searching for redemption. They wrote her like she either forgot her own history or like she was simply choosing to be a big fat hypocrite.
    What happened?

Comics don't have a decent continuity or ongoing character arcs or much of a personality with characters. Anyone can and do and will write any character as they see fit. Its nothing new.

Extraordinary Member

I like the Wanda/Jericho interactions. I mean some professional advice from the dude who literally do this stuff for a living is pretty good.

Speaking of Editorial problem, they didn't even correct their mistake in Secret Empire issue 1,where Elisa said "Dark Dimension" instead of "Dark Force Dimension." That's two different things.
    spoilers:
    I think the conflict will soon be over in the next issue, I mean Wanda got thrown into space, that leaves Rogue the only one in the team who can help Wanda. And then it will probabaly be the end of this Rogue/Wanda conflict.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Funny that Wanda also went through that "forgetting her own history" thing with Avengers Dissembled, she is either forgetting her whole history in West Coast or she was simply using a ridiculous logic.(Attacking my friends was totally a good idea!)

I don't think it will last long though, I hope Zub just wrap it up in the next issue. There are more interesting character relationships to work on, Wanda/Jericho, Emily/Pietro, Simon/Beast. Anything is better than this.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-30-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

On a different note, spoilers:
    using Graviton seems like a good choice for this type of lightweight story, because he's the classic example of a near-omnipotent yet non-threatening villain. He can take out all the Avengers or Thunderbolts with a wave of his hand but he has no idea why he wants to be a villain except to get girls or prove a point.
    end of spoilers

Jim Zub said this one Tumblr:

jimzub:
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #26 is in stores today!
    Although I wrote issues #24 and 25, this is our first post-Secret Empire issue so I feel like it’s my first chance to really stretch out and show readers how great these characters are and channel what I love about superhero stories: action, humor, romance, and excitement!
    Sean Izaakse, Tamra Bonvillain, and Clayton Cowles are firing on all cylinders, page after page. RB Silva did a beautiful cover. I hope you get a chance to check it out. If you do, please let me know if we delivered the goods in the Mighty Marvel Manner.

Funny how Rogue is giving Wanda such a hard time considering this run has brought up her villainous past several times. I understand her mistrust, but I wish she wasn't so aggressive about it. Keeping an eye on Wanda makes sense, but ranting and shouting about her makes Rogue look like a hypocritical nutcase. It's sad to see because I like Rogue.

Never knew Johnny could glow in the dark without flames.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-30-2017 at 09:18 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Rogue vs. Wanda again as if we had not already had enough of that .

spoilers:
    Rogue and Johnny well everyone needs to relax after what they have gone but I see no future in this relationship is something of the moment.

And Rogue fans were right while everyone was supporting Wanda, she was the only one who looked bad for not wanting her on the team.

Now the villain has been disappointing to kill and attack them simply because he can?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Rogue vs. Wanda again as if we had not already had enough of that .

spoilers:
    Rogue and Johnny well everyone needs to relax after what they have gone but I see no future in this relationship is something of the moment.

And Rogue fans were right while everyone was supporting Wanda, she was the only one who looked bad for not wanting her on the team.

Now the villain has been disappointing to kill and attack them simply because he can?
    end of spoilers
    Rogue did nothing wrong.
    #Roguewasright.

How long i know, the Scarlet Witch may or may not be sorry for the genocide that she caused; and Rogue never did something even nearly as bad.