Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    That's what I assumed up until reading this issue. Now, I'm not so sure. It seemed like a big, dramatic send off, where they were themselves unsure.

Perhaps I misread it (hopefully, actually), but it felt an awful lot like 'goodbye'. I'll give it another read theough after dinner.
    To me it was a "goodbye" in the sense that they are not sure if this process is going to work and if it doesn't they want to have one last moment together.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I think we've seen the last of Alex and Janet. Although, they did get an adorable goodbye.

Next issue should see the return of our fallen heroes, which is most welcome.

I full loved seeing Alex and Scott hug it out. This is probably one of my favorite scenes in the entire series so far. It was so perfect!

Ororo ending up on the side of the angles, siding with Scott and Alex was just icing on the cake here.

Fantastic issue, all around. It was fully all heart wrenchy. I may have gotten a little misty eyed more than once. Possibly.
    Agreed, agreed, agreed. And Sifightier, I hope you are right. Jan & Alex have somehow become one of my favorite, most real feeling, and definitely most healthy seeming romantic pairings in superhero history.

What more can I say without dropping spoilers? the showdown between Magneto's X-Force & the remaining Avengers, the Chronos Corps & everything else was definitely something. Shiro's rage was a surprise, but understandable. It seems maybe there will be a chance to save Banshee in the past. Logan seems to feel pretty resolved regarding his feelings about Daken. May & Doom were both pretty awesome (just as I expected). Logan holdiing Kang hostage to save Anna Marie? The character moments between Alex & Scott, Betsy & Betsy, Cable & Stryfe, Shiro & Sean, Logan & Daken, Thor & Eimin, Kang & Eimin, Janet & Kang and Cable & Scott were all first rate though the paled for me compared to the exchange between Janet & Alex at the end of the issue. Kang's words to Eimin . . . hoo boy, this is why he is the greatest Avengers rogue of all time; KANG CONQUERS! Stryfe, I know I said basically the same thing back before he made me a Janet Van Dyne fan, but I can't believe Remender got me to like and feel for Stryfe, a character I couldn't stand for YEARS with these last few issues. And that last page, man oh man . . . to sum up, this spoiler-free review, let me just say the cover of this issue has been the wallpaper on my desktop computer for over 3 months and it sure earned its place there today.

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

Man are you right... That panel with Jan and Alex hit me right in the blood pump

Solid issue by Remender, for sure. The only downside I can see is the lack of Sentry. I guess the Giant Worm got him after all. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Solid issue by Remender, for sure. The only downside I can see is the lack of Sentry. I guess the Giant Worm got him after all. xD
    Sentry is eaten by impenetrable worm on moon -> Earth collapses -> Moon with worm in it spins out of orbit into nowhere or a black hole or a star or something . . . except now he's going to be baaaa-ack.

What do you all feel about Katie Summers? Do you think she'll be there, normal and healthy? Will something be different about her? Is it time for Katie to kick Rachel to the curb as the new Summers from the Future?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    What do you all feel about Katie Summers? Do you think she'll be there, normal and healthy? Will something be different about her? Is it time for Katie to kick Rachel to the curb as the new Summers from the Future?
    I'm pretty sure something horrific is waiting in the wings for her. I mean, Kang is not the world's greatest 'father', and he can have already done horrible things to her across infinite timelines in the instant between taking her and addressing Alex.

I've little doubt that she has suffered an entire lifetime already. :/
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Dammit, Kang!

If she had to grow up in a poor world by herself after being ripped away from her parents... aww, poor Katie doesn't deserve that.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I think we're probably all of the same mind and that the Katie Summers that Kang returns to Jan & Alex will be grown up and may not even recognize them. I hope not, but I suspect so

Looks like daken may escape this after all.....thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Sentry is eaten by impenetrable worm on moon -> Earth collapses -> Moon with worm in it spins out of orbit into nowhere or a black hole or a star or something . . . except now he's going to be baaaa-ack.
    With the luck of Sentry fans, Kang will retcon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    With the luck of Sentry fans, Kang will retcon him.
    Awwww . . . I hope not. He's a really great character in the right hands. So far I've only liked Jenkins' original take & Parker's Age of the Sentry really, but I quite enjoy what Remender has done with him too. As a Horseman of Death, Sentry was flat out one of the scariest villains I've ever seen.

Grim Reaper, likewise, really reached a new level for me in this story arc, moving from a character I generally regarded as a bumbling joke to a genuinely scary villain.

I've never been a big Daken guy, but I know a lot of you are and for all of your sake I hope he sticks around in some form.

Banshee . . . please let Sean stay around . . . please let the potential of his redemption be a plot point for Remender or any future writer to explore (Theresa & Shiro team-up to save Sean Cassidy anyone?). He's the only one of the Horsemen that actually died acting as a hero & consistently one of the most self-sacrificing characters in super-hero-dom.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Awwww . . . I hope not. He's a really great character in the right hands. So far I've only liked Jenkins' original take & Parker's Age of the Sentry really, but I quite enjoy what Remender has done with him too. As a Horseman of Death, Sentry was flat out one of the scariest villains I've ever seen.

Grim Reaper, likewise, really reached a new level for me in this story arc, moving from a character I generally regarded as a bumbling joke to a genuinely scary villain.

I've never been a big Daken guy, but I know a lot of you are and for all of your sake I hope he sticks around in some form.

Banshee . . . please let Sean stay around . . . please let the potential of his redemption be a plot point for Remender or any future writer to explore (Theresa & Shiro team-up to save Sean Cassidy anyone?). He's the only one of the Horsemen that actually died acting as a hero & consistently one of the most self-sacrificing characters in super-hero-dom.
    When Wolverine dies, Banshee or Daken could replace him.

If Brian Wood's X-Men is ending after Marc's four-issue stint, do you guys think Remender will take this chance to bring Psylocke to Uncanny Avengers? It looks like he missed writing her during Planet X.

Cinderella

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

If Brian Wood's X-Men is ending after Marc's four-issue stint, do you guys think Remender will take this chance to bring Psylocke to Uncanny Avengers? It looks like he missed writing her during Planet X.
    Psylocke would make a cool addition to the team but whether or not she'll actually become one I guess we'll just have to wait and see.