Page 12 of 150 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    With the luck of Sentry fans, Kang will retcon him.
    aww man don't say that i can't wait to see him again especially after that BS with getting eaten by a worm.

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    If Brian Wood's X-Men is ending after Marc's four-issue stint, do you guys think Remender will take this chance to bring Psylocke to Uncanny Avengers? It looks like he missed writing her during Planet X.
    I suspect not. I like Psylocke, but she's been delving deeper into black-ops stuff over the last several years worth of stories & I don't see her joining such a public team any time soon. Not impossible, but, I would speculate, unlikely. Rachel on the other hand, I could see coming on board. Or Banshee (Theresa) given what happened to her dad and the fact that she hasn't popped up anywhere since PAD's last X-Factor run ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    aww man don't say that i can't wait to see him again especially after that BS with getting eaten by a worm.
    Well, I like him too, obviously and I'm hoping he gets to come back to himself. Remender's set up a potentially interesting use of the character.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Just Got My Copy of Uncanny Avengers #20 and Indeed How others have been saying It was Indeed a GREAT Read!

Acuna keeps proving why he is the BEST to be Drawing this Series, each character and background where Great and I Love how he Draws Shiro's Powers, just gives you the Sense of How Powerful He is indeed.

Moments that stuck out to me, Alex and Scott's Support of one another was just Nice to see, being a Brother of a younger brother myself I can relate and indeed the Support Scot showed Alex was Nice to see and the Dialgue was some of the Best in the Book, Applause to RR for ever moment of Brotherly Bonding!

The Dialogue between Kang and Eimen was Intrigue, after reading UA #12 I thought the Twins got the upper hand on Kang it seemed, but now it seems all to his plan, curious at what is to come??!? Also, just how snarky and sinister how Kang Came across, really since the start of the Twins, even all they did, I always felt Bad for them and really can't help but to feel Sad for Eimen here, it seems even when things go her way she still lost the long run. Kang wins Worst Stepfather ever and is that the understatement of this story, really can't stop feeling sad for her. :-(

The fights where great and well paced, loved the Psylocke's Fight and the ending of the X-Men vs. Magneto's X-Force just sends chills up my spine, it was a fight to the end indeed.

The Fact to that Alex and Janet are willing to risk their love was touching, it really will be sad if RR does not follow their relationship when time goes back.

Overall a Great Book and Issue, Best Parts where Shiro's Anger over Kang, to me one of Shiro's BEST Moments of the Book and This, I just SMILED a BIG Smiled at this, should have seen it coming but was just GREAT to be Surprised! ;-)

Last edited by CJStriker; 05-29-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I agree with all of what CJ said, especially the bit about Acuna. Daniel Acuna's artistic interpretation of characters and their interactions are so intimate and deep that I could feel the immense bromance glowing from the panel of Scott and Alex. I don't think the moment would have been better with another artist drawing it. Also, Wasp throwing some punches at Kang was definitely a satisfying moment. And despite him burning for nearly a decade, one of the immediate thoughts on Logan's mind was for Rogue's well-being; it was heartfelt. I can go on and on about what I enjoyed from this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I suspect not. I like Psylocke, but she's been delving deeper into black-ops stuff over the last several years worth of stories & I don't see her joining such a public team any time soon. Not impossible, but, I would speculate, unlikely. Rachel on the other hand, I could see coming on board. Or Banshee (Theresa) given what happened to her dad and the fact that she hasn't popped up anywhere since PAD's last X-Factor run ended.
    That was just the Psylocke fanboy of me wanting to see Remender write her again. Though, you're most likely right. I would love to see Rachel, who is commonly misused, but... Theresa! Now that would be a sight for sore eyes.
    Last edited by gifted; 05-29-2014 at 08:43 PM.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

This series is great.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I agree with all of what CJ said, especially the bit about Acuna. Daniel Acuna's artistic interpretation of characters and their interactions are so intimate and deep that I could feel the immense bromance glowing from the panel of Scott and Alex. I don't think the moment would have been better with another artist drawing it. Also, Wasp throwing some punches at Kang was definitely a satisfying moment. And despite him burning for nearly a decade, one of the immediate thoughts on Logan's mind was for Rogue's well-being; it was heartfelt. I can go on and on about what I enjoyed from this issue.

That was just the Psylocke fanboy of me wanting to see Remender write her again. Though, you're most likely right. I would love to see Rachel, who is commonly misused, but... Theresa! Now that would be a sight for sore eyes.
    Indeed well said Broski and Thanks for liking my post. ;-)

Indeed, it has been nice to see a consistently good artist on the same book for this long a period of time, SO many books seem to go threw the motions of changing artist. Now UA did from 4-6, but at 6 and only taking a break for 12 and Steve McNiven time, Acuna has bee the main man for also 65-75% of this book now, which is saying allot indeed. He has moved the atmosphere and emotions of this book by his skill and he indeed has become a top artist for me, I really will be looking forward to what his next book will be, BUT THIS one will always be the book that made him a Big Name for me indeed!

Indeed, Faces for Acuna can be either great or a little off, Steve McNiven IMO was the Best at this and brought in at the right time for the arc he was in, so he could have done the Brother's seen the most justice, even if ti was only this issue. But indeed Acuna got the job done.

I almost forgot to Mention the Logan and Rogue moment, that was THE BEST, Cause now this means by NEXT ISSUE We should be getting our Rouge and Scarlet Witch Back, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    This series is great.
    yo! Welcome to the club, nnelg. What has been your favorite moment of Uncanny Avengers thus far? You have twenty glorious issues to choose from.

@CJ, oh, right! Steve McNiven would have definitely done that scene justice. And yay! I can't wait for Rogue and Wanda to finally return! It's been six issues too long.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I totally get that, man. UXF was sooooo good. Sadly I only caught on after the series was half-way done (and Remender's Secret Avengers run too) so I opted to wait out those series. But that mistake taught me the valuable lesson to get on board at the ground floor for Uncanny Avengers and I am SO glad I did. And Acuna . . . I can say without reservation he consistently delivers the most amazing regular monthly work of any comics illustrator working today.

Dude, Jon, you are an exceptional chief. I'm saluting you right now. UXF is one of my top Marvel runs ever and you know damn well that I have already pre-ordered the omnibus. Long ago, in a time when I was still of the weak-minded, I used to not like Acuna's art. I find that totally idiotic now! His art is absolutely stunning and I am so glad he is getting the praise he deserves. It's weird how much I have come to love this book because the only character of which I could say I'm a fanatic is Rogue, and possibly Thor, but I have learned to love the characterizations, interactions, and quirks of the whole cast. Beautiful. Just... beautiful.

I want Remender to write Doctor Strange in an on-going capacity already.

Cinderella

I want to like Acuna. I get his style and all that, but his Rogue is a mess. It frustrates me when he just decides not to draw her face. And it is weird cause he drew her during the Emplate storyline in Legacy. He knows who she is. Why she suddenly looks older and shorter is bizarre.

I know I am being biased but I can't help it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I want to like Acuna. I get his style and all that, but his Rogue is a mess. It frustrates me when he just decides not to draw her face. And it is weird cause he drew her during the Emplate storyline in Legacy. He knows who she is. Why she suddenly looks older and shorter is bizarre.

I know I am being biased but I can't help it. ;-)
    Thanks for sharing the great images Jen. I LOVED Acuna's work on Legacy (GAWD, I'm such an Acuna fanboy). I'm pretty sure he designed that look for her. I guess he's sticking with the Cassaday designed costume for now, but I hope that after this story is done (and the lovely Anna Marie Raven is back with us) we'll get a change of outfit that has her a little less symbolically closed off.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    As much as I fear what Remender would do to Rachel, as she's actually seen what happens when Racism and Oppression against Mutants succeeds, it would still be nice to see her in a "Big Book" and as an "Active and Important" Member.

That and UA seems to be fighting big Cosmic-Level threats so Rachel could actually let loose every once and awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    As much as I fear what Remender would do to Rachel, as she's actually seen what happens when Racism and Oppression against Mutants succeeds, it would still be nice to see her in a "Big Book" and as an "Active and Important" Member.

That and UA seems to be fighting big Cosmic-Level threats so Rachel could actually let loose every once and awhile.
    I've been saying Rachel should be in this book for a while now, from what I understand she's constantly shafted. The Unity Squad desperately needs a telepath and Havok could use some family support, plus it would be adorable to her babysit her little cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed well said Broski and Thanks for liking my post. ;-)

Indeed, it has been nice to see a consistently good artist on the same book for this long a period of time, SO many books seem to go threw the motions of changing artist. Now UA did from 4-6, but at 6 and only taking a break for 12 and Steve McNiven time, Acuna has bee the main man for also 65-75% of this book now, which is saying allot indeed. He has moved the atmosphere and emotions of this book by his skill and he indeed has become a top artist for me, I really will be looking forward to what his next book will be, BUT THIS one will always be the book that made him a Big Name for me indeed!

Indeed, Faces for Acuna can be either great or a little off, Steve McNiven IMO was the Best at this and brought in at the right time for the arc he was in, so he could have done the Brother's seen the most justice, even if ti was only this issue. But indeed Acuna got the job done.

I almost forgot to Mention the Logan and Rogue moment, that was THE BEST, Cause now this means by NEXT ISSUE We should be getting our Rouge and Scarlet Witch Back, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!
    I second everything here especially the statemen in bold, I signed up for this in part because Cassaday who's work on Astonishing X-Men played a big part of me getting back into comics a few years back but Acuna's unique style is number one, if there's ever a UA omnibus collection (fingers crossed) I vote that either he or Cassaday get to do the cover.