Page 13 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by judaspaladin View Post
    I second everything here especially the statemen in bold, I signed up for this in part because Cassaday who's work on Astonishing X-Men played a big part of me getting back into comics a few years back but Acuna's unique style is number one, if there's ever a UA omnibus collection (fingers crossed) I vote that either he or Cassaday get to do the cover.
    YES! UA Omnibus with An epic Acuna cover, please. I want his all Avengers ever 10 ft long poster so bad (sadly no place to put it)

Incredible Member

Wow. Out of all the many crappy endings to Banshee's story, that is the worst. A complete hosing.
    I certainly hope there is redemption coming. And full resurrection.
    Gerry
    Last edited by bearman; 05-30-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    YES! UA Omnibus with An epic Acuna cover, please. I want his all Avengers ever 10 ft long poster so bad (sadly no place to put it)
    I'm kind of counting on a UA omnibus. I'll be shocked if we don't get one, actually. I will be first in line for that one!

The poster, do you mean the one that was included with Avengers #24 last Christmas? It's not ten feet, I don't think (more like 5 or 6). If that's the one though, I think I have an extra kicking around.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I'm kind of counting on a UA omnibus. I'll be shocked if we don't get one, actually. I will be first in line for that one!

The poster, do you mean the one that was included with Avengers #24 last Christmas? It's not ten feet, I don't think (more like 5 or 6). If that's the one though, I think I have an extra kicking around.
    I think the one I'm thinking of was sold separately. It combines all of those awesome Acuna Avengers series variant covers from the last year or so. If it was included with Avengers 24 I really ought to have bought Avengers 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I think the one I'm thinking of was sold separately. It combines all of those awesome Acuna Avengers series variant covers from the last year or so. If it was included with Avengers 24 I really ought to have bought Avengers 24.
    Yup. That's the one. It's slightly smaller than the size of a comic book in height, and unfolds to about seven feet (well, the length of my bed, which is longer than me at 6' tall).
    Last edited by klinton; 05-30-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Spectacular Member

Just picked up #20 and read it. Not the best issue. The encounter between Kang and Thor was ridiculous. However, the Havok/Cyclops "reunion" was quite good. Overall, this issue lacked consistency in the characterizations for me. It was, for lack of a better word, forgettable.

One of the things I've enjoyed about UA is its use of Kang. He really /is/ just that awful.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    One of the things I've enjoyed about UA is its use of Kang. He really /is/ just that awful.
    Agree Tendrin and to be honest, Like I said in my review before, event thought the Twins have been the most deadly of Villian I have seen in a longtime, I can't Help feeling bad for them.

By the way Kang acts and sounds, not matter how hard they fought or how well their plans where, it seems by Kang's words it means nothing to him and he shows very little respect only towards his goals in the end, really all the Twins have been threw, all cause of Kang!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Agree Tendrin and to be honest, Like I said in my review before, event thought the Twins have been the most deadly of Villian I have seen in a longtime, I can't Help feeling bad for them.

By the way Kang acts and sounds, not matter how hard they fought or how well their plans where, it seems by Kang's words it means nothing to him and he shows very little respect only towards his goals in the end, really all the Twins have been threw, all cause of Kang!

Yeah. Remender once commented in an interview somewhere that when he said he wanted to use Kang, Breevort told him something like whatever he was planning had to be /huge/, because Kang is, well, /Kang/.

Looks like Remender followed that advice. Between the Twins and the oncomong Red Onslaught in Axis, Uncanny Avengers is getting real awesome.

I just hope the Horseman get to come back to life, all of them.

BANNED

Nice to see Kang still got it. Makes it even more chilling when I read his dialogue from Avengers EMH. As to Kang and children he has killed his own son 23 times, so him being a complete bastard to the twins is no surprise. What those twins need is Thanos as an adopted father he maybe a genocidal maniac but at least he still gives them a childhood.http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3514141.html

On an unrelated note
    With the Avengers inducting X-men members heres my list of Avengers to join the X-men in an exchange program.

Captain Marvel
    The Thing
    Vision
    Living Lighting
    Sersi
    Last edited by stingnewell; 05-30-2014 at 07:15 PM.

BANNED

........delete
    Last edited by stingnewell; 05-30-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah. Remender once commented in an interview somewhere that when he said he wanted to use Kang, Breevort told him something like whatever he was planning had to be /huge/, because Kang is, well, /Kang/.

Looks like Remender followed that advice. Between the Twins and the oncomong Red Onslaught in Axis, Uncanny Avengers is getting real awesome.

I just hope the Horseman get to come back to life, all of them.
    RR is indeed living up to that Promise IMO, it was this Issue alone since UA #14 when he was putting together his Kang Corps that he seemed to be doing something BIG and with what he said their to Eimen, I am Wondering still what his whole plan is, what did RR write for him in the end, it is Very Interesting indeed! =O
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Nice to see Kang still got it. Makes it even more chilling when I read his dialogue from Avengers EMH. As to Kang and children he has killed his own son 23 times, so him being a complete bastard to the twins is no surprise. What those twins need is Thanos as an adopted father he maybe a genocidal maniac but at least he still gives them a childhood.http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3514141.html

On an unrelated note
    With the Avengers inducting X-men members heres my list of Avengers to join the X-men in an exchange program.

Captain Marvel
    The Thing
    Vision
    Living Lighting
    Sersi
    I support the belief that Thanos set up Gamora to be attacked and... "Yeah"... By a Gang when she was younger to try and harden her and push for more augmentations to her body with her willing to undergo them. Doesn't help that he didn't really leave much security to keep her from wandering away and I'm sure he figured that Gamora wouldn't listen to him because she was very curious at the time.

It seems way to convenient that Thanos appeared and killed all her attacks right "after" they had all finished having their way with Gamora and before they could kill or take her as a captive to use as they see fit for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by judaspaladin View Post
    I've been saying Rachel should be in this book for a while now, from what I understand she's constantly shafted. The Unity Squad desperately needs a telepath and Havok could use some family support, plus it would be adorable to her babysit her little cousin.
    Yes, she is currently shafted hard in the X-Books and is being used to prop up Storm when they were on the same team(Storm constantly questioned Rachel. Quentin Quire is also being pushed over her even though he's far less experienced and skilled than her as well as being much weaker as well as a renegade that doesn't listen). Bendis personally doesn't want to right her and she was completely ignored, outside tie-ins of the book she was in, during AvX. Her showing in BoTA wasn't all that grand either, she wasn't even showing smashing face in the finale.

Havok and Rachel do respect each other and were a great team during the time they were in space and ultimately beat Vulcan.

Rachel can also remind Havok that being a Mutant isn't something to be ashamed of and that taking away the "M word" isn't going to suddenly have those wanting them dead to stop what they're doing.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-30-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Yup. That's the one. It's slightly smaller than the size of a comic book in height, and unfolds to about seven feet (well, the length of my bed, which is longer than me at 6' tall).
    Back issue bins ahoy!

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post

On an unrelated note

Captain Marvel
    The Thing
    Vision
    Living Lighting
    Sersi
    I love this idea (The Mighty X-Men?) and great list to boot. I always thought Machine Man, Luke Cage, & Spider-Man would make good additions with a degree of appreciation for living in the shadow of persecution. If it's Carol I love seeing her on this list. She was soooooo close to joining the team but left when Xavier made the decision to give Rogue a chance at redemption.