Page 14 of 150 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Yes, she is currently shafted hard in the X-Books and is being used to prop up Storm when they were on the same team(Storm constantly questioned Rachel. Quentin Quire is also being pushed over her even though he's far less experienced and skilled than her as well as being much weaker as well as a renegade that doesn't listen). Bendis personally doesn't want to right her and she was completely ignored, outside tie-ins of the book she was in, during AvX. Her showing in BoTA wasn't all that grand either, she wasn't even showing smashing face in the finale.

Havok and Rachel do respect each other and were a great team during the time they were in space and ultimately beat Vulcan.

Rachel can also remind Havok that being a Mutant isn't something to be ashamed of and that taking away the "M word" isn't going to suddenly have those wanting them dead to stop what they're doing.
    I agree that she's not getting nearly enough character time. It's totally off topic for this thread but the best I've seen of her recently has been in the first issue of Nightcrawler, which brought back a flood of memories for me of the last time Claremont wrote Uncanny X-Men (pre-decimation) when he was heavily seeding the possibility for a relationship between her and Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Yes, she is currently shafted hard in the X-Books and is being used to prop up Storm when they were on the same team(Storm constantly questioned Rachel. Quentin Quire is also being pushed over her even though he's far less experienced and skilled than her as well as being much weaker as well as a renegade that doesn't listen). Bendis personally doesn't want to right her and she was completely ignored, outside tie-ins of the book she was in, during AvX. Her showing in BoTA wasn't all that grand either, she wasn't even showing smashing face in the finale.

Havok and Rachel do respect each other and were a great team during the time they were in space and ultimately beat Vulcan.

Rachel can also remind Havok that being a Mutant isn't something to be ashamed of and that taking away the "M word" isn't going to suddenly have those wanting them dead to stop what they're doing.
    Are you kidding? Compared to Rogue, Rachel is getting mass exposure in the X-Books. When Gage's Legacy ended and it was rebooted, Rogue became an orphan in the X-Men Universe, until Wood's X-Men came out. Even with that, Wood dumped her from the book when Remender "killed" her. For the last 7 mouths or so Rogue existence in the X-Men Universe hasn't even been acknowledged. Talk about getting the shaft...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Are you kidding? Compared to Rogue, Rachel is getting mass exposure in the X-Books. When Gage's Legacy ended and it was rebooted, Rogue became an orphan in the X-Men Universe, until Wood's X-Men came out. Even with that, Wood dumped her from the book when Remender "killed" her. For the last 7 mouths or so Rogue existence in the X-Men Universe hasn't even been acknowledged. Talk about getting the shaft...
    I think that Wood "dumped" Rogue because the editorial forced him to do it, because of Remender's Uncanny Avengers. That wasn't technically Wood's fault, it was from the editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I agree that she's not getting nearly enough character time. It's totally off topic for this thread but the best I've seen of her recently has been in the first issue of Nightcrawler, which brought back a flood of memories for me of the last time Claremont wrote Uncanny X-Men (pre-decimation) when he was heavily seeding the possibility for a relationship between her and Kurt.
    That's always going to be a problem with the X-Men now, because there's like 100 of them now operating at the school all at once. And there's no way all of them will get any real character time.

You can try and juggle as many as possible, which essentially amounts to lots and lots of people being used briefly. Or you can focus on a small group and resign the rest to the background. Either way characters will get lost in the cracks.

In the case of Rogue she at least got a lot of panel time in Uncanny Avengers, so she can afford to be lessened in the X books if need be. For a character like say Pixie or Blink or Rachel, it's basically either the scraps they can get from the X books or nothing.

So even taking into account how Rogue was used in Uncanny and the fact that she was killed, I'd still say Rogue is one of the luckier X-Men. Unless you compare her to say Wolverine, she's at least got a regular home where she's used as more than just wall paper.

[QUOTE=XPac;145536]That's always going to be a problem with the X-Men now, because there's like 100 of them now operating at the school all at once. And there's no way all of them will get any real character time.

You can try and juggle as many as possible, which essentially amounts to lots and lots of people being used briefly. Or you can focus on a small group and resign the rest to the background. Either way characters will get lost in the cracks.

In the case of Rogue she at least got a lot of panel time in Uncanny Avengers, so she can afford to be lessened in the X books if need be. For a character like say Pixie or Blink or Rachel, it's basically either the scraps they can get from the X books or nothing.

So even taking into account how Rogue was used in Uncanny and the fact that she was killed, I'd still say Rogue is one of the luckier X-Men. Unless you compare her to say Wolverine, she's at least got a regular home where she's used as more than just wall paper.[/QUOTE]

One thing I hoping with Wolverine's death is that marvel may actually try promote other x-characters for a change. I think that's one of the big problems with the X-Men franchise is despite a vast library of characters you only the spotlight kept on a few.

Rogue's done pretty good over the years, Mike Carey pretty much made her the focus of his impressive run in X-Men legacy -a series I'm surprised hasn't gotten the omnibus treatment- and played a prominent role in Age of X event.

Quote Originally Posted by judaspaladin View Post
    One thing I hoping with Wolverine's death is that marvel may actually try promote other x-characters for a change. I think that's one of the big problems with the X-Men franchise is despite a vast library of characters you only the spotlight kept on a few.
    I just hope that Storm gets more spotlight, as the face of the Gold team, now that Logan is out of the picture.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I just hope that Storm gets more spotlight, as the face of the Gold team, now that Logan is out of the picture.
    That definitely seems to be coming. Also, I'm increasingly getting the impression from promotions & interviews (this mostly my intuition talking here, nothing concrete) that if Wolverine (3 months to live) and Steve Rogers make it to AXIS they won't be making it much past that as part of the Unity Squad, so all our speculation on roster change-ups isn't for nothing.

Xpac, that's a pretty dead on assessment of the situation in the X-Books right now. Look, Bendis has brought in some perfectly interesting concepts & characters in is Uncanny & All-New X-Men runs, characters I like, but that's just as much competition for the spotlight for characters like Surge, Anole & Mimic.

BANNED

I love this idea (The Mighty X-Men?) and great list to boot. I always thought Machine Man, Luke Cage, & Spider-Man would make good additions with a degree of appreciation for living in the shadow of persecution. If it's Carol I love seeing her on this list. She was soooooo close to joining the team but left when Xavier made the decision to give Rogue a chance at redemption.
    Thank you, Yeah Mighty X-men I like that title. I choose those members for a reason, The Thing much like Beast has switched from Fantastic Four to West Coast Avengers. He adds to the team for he knows the feeling of being feared for appearance yet has the excuse of celebrity status to being the idol of millions and his experience with kids particularly with Kristoff during Spider-man and Fantastic Four it will be interesting how he handles teens. For Vision I picked as the member to bridge A.I. and mutant connection how he can do classes in "A.I. awareness" to a team that has lived their whole lives in hatred of the machines like the Sentinels. Sersi to play the role of Thor/Hercules of the godlike character and Eternal member. To add as the publicity to the X-men's appearance to the media and in helping the students with powers of various forms in manipulation of elements. Living Lighting to advocate to the team as the political figure and make friends or conflict with North Star.

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

On the cover for Avengers 35 there's Thor with the Iron Bear, and either Havok or Iron Man but i think its the former. But if it is him he has a totally tricked out suit.

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

Plus i just checked out some of Sanford Green's art. It has a nice "urban" feel to it. Not that that's a bad thing... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by thethanosseed View Post
    Plus i just checked out some of Sanford Green's art. It has a nice "urban" feel to it. Not that that's a bad thing... ;-)
    It looks pretty solid to me, too. Check out the unlettered sequential work he did for the Young Romance: New 52 Valentines Special here. It looks like he's a pretty able visual storyteller which is just what this book needs in anybody who's going to play substitute for Acuna.

One thing I've been trying to figure out is exactly how UA fit's in with the rest of the MU timeline but looking at issue 11 has helped me figure it out. When the twins publicly announce their plans for the mutant rapture we not only see Magneto is still with Scott's team but the All New X-Men are still with the Jean Grey School meaning this all takes place just before BotA. Perhaps whatever happens in the conclusion of Avenge the Earth will explain why Rogue displayed Ms Marvel powers in that event? Just something I've been pondering.

It looks pretty solid to me, too. Check out the unlettered sequential work he did for the Young Romance: New 52 Valentines Special here. It looks like he's a pretty able visual storyteller which is just what this book needs in anybody who's going to play substitute for Acuna.
    If he brings that level of skill to UA I'm happy to have him on a few issues

Quote Originally Posted by judaspaladin View Post
    One thing I've been trying to figure out is exactly how UA fit's in with the rest of the MU timeline but looking at issue 11 has helped me figure it out. When the twins publicly announce their plans for the mutant rapture we not only see Magneto is still with Scott's team but the All New X-Men are still with the Jean Grey School meaning this all takes place just before BotA. Perhaps whatever happens in the conclusion of Avenge the Earth will explain why Rogue displayed Ms Marvel powers in that event? Just something I've been pondering.
    I was thinking the same. Maybe it has something to do with Simon's whereabouts. Maybe it also offers an explanation as to why she seems to be absent post-BoTA.

I was thinking the same. Maybe it has something to do with Simon's whereabouts. Maybe it also offers an explanation as to why she seems to be absent post-BoTA.
    Yeah I'm getting a bad feeling about Simon, as for Rouge my guess would be that whatever the unity squad is dealing with post AtE might be taking up her time. Out of universe I think keeping her out of sight was editorial's way of building suspense regarding her fate. As much as I'm enjoying Avenger the Earth I'm really getting psyched for what comes after, RR has really built up a lot of suspense regarding the skull's Onslaught.