Page 144 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2250
    Extraordinary Member

I wonder why the Cyttora didn't sense the vulnerability of Janet's hair and try to fix that.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...15682090954752
    Gerry Duggan‏ 28.10
    Loved writing Voodoo in Uncanny Avengers, and happier to meet him @TheRealStanLee’s comic-con.
    DNQvJcTUMAEFVG3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Oh nice, not sure if that was ever a real outfit, but I'd like to see wear a similar suit in the future; looks stylish.

Incredible Member

I'm once again very disappointed with the latest issue of Uncanny Avengers 29. I am sick and tired of the character assassination that Quicksilver routinely suffers. Quicksilver is more likely to shelter and be overprotective of the ones he loves than throw them in harm's way. In any case, Synapse is an Avenger, she should not be so helpless to begin with. But I don't want to go over the minute details in which this issue pissed me off, the bigger point I want to make is about the way Pietro has been written over these past 15 years (apart from his appearance in All new X-Factor and Avengers Academy). Yes, Quicksilver is a jerk, impatient, and mercurial. But what made him an interesting and compelling character was that despite his flaws, he still tried to do good. But time and time again, writers just focus on the fact that Quicksilver is a jerk and don't attempt to redeem him in anyway. So I ask: if readers don't like him, or empathize with him even a little bit, then what's the point of this character? Do we REALLY need a character whose sole purpose is to piss off the other Avengers? I'm annoyed and angry because I see a character like Quicksilver, who has some unique traits which could potentially be interesting to explore and YET the same damn plot points are used on him OVER AND OVER again. It's a waste of a character, and a waste of ink. I'm glad Uncanny Avengers is ending so I don't have to suffer through seeing my favorite character getting butchered.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh nice, not sure if that was ever a real outfit, but I'd like to see wear a similar suit in the future; looks stylish.
    That was his look in Christopher Priest's run on Black Panther.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Uncanny Avengers #28 got a big boost in sales. It placed at 36th on the chart and sold 49,633 copies, placing it above Justice League for the month. I'm glad to see new people discovering this title. I hope a lot of them stay, and just aren't picking up the variant covers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Uncanny Avengers #28 got a big boost in sales. It placed at 36th on the chart and sold 49,633 copies, placing it above Justice League for the month. I'm glad to see new people discovering this title. I hope a lot of them stay, and just aren't picking up the variant covers.
    Sales to shops doesn't mean that new people bought this book. We will see if this book will have new readers.
    That's only boost thanks to lenticular covers.

Yeah, and don't forget, the No Surrender merger means the book is effectively cancelled, so it doesn't matter if people stuck around, unless they already read adjectiveless Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, and don't forget, the No Surrender merger means the book is effectively cancelled, so it doesn't matter if people stuck around, unless they already read adjectiveless Avengers.
    We will see. I think that UA will be relaunched after No Surrender because this book has own identity and quite good sales.
    18th place on comixology and 3rd on comicstore (marvel).

Yeah I would bet on Uncanny being relaunched, possibility under a different name, again with Zub.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Yeah I would bet on Uncanny being relaunched, possibility under a different name, again with Zub.
    maybe something with Unity?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    That was his look in Christopher Priest's run on Black Panther.
    Ah so it an outfit he's worn before, thanks for the info. Though I guess for being on a superhero team, it does look a little too formal.

As for the sales boost, it's nice but not as helpful for UA as other titles since the relaunch is imminent.

Artist Sean Isaakze comments on Twitter:

Sean Izaakse‏*
    @SeanIzaakse
    Follow
    Follow @SeanIzaakse

More
    Working on my last page of Uncanny Avengers. It’s both sad and exciting at the same time. Also issue 30 is my favourite issue so far. #makingComics
    11:48 AM - 13 Nov 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Artist Sean Isaakze comments on Twitter:

Sean Izaakse‏*
    @SeanIzaakse
    Follow
    Follow @SeanIzaakse

More
    Working on my last page of Uncanny Avengers. It’s both sad and exciting at the same time. Also issue 30 is my favourite issue so far. #makingComics
    11:48 AM - 13 Nov 2017
    Interesting but it sounds like another down-time issue? So little action. Unless Hellion decides he wants a shot at someone.

But I'll miss him, hopefully if UA continues we get solid artists like Izaakse.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Interesting but it sounds like another down-time issue? So little action. Unless Hellion decides he wants a shot at someone.

But I'll miss him, hopefully if UA continues we get solid artists like Izaakse.
    Well, when you've got a cover with Brother Voodoo kissing Scarlet Witch, I imagine it'll probably be pretty relationship-based as far as content.

It'll also probably be the calm before the storm once the team becomes embroiled in "No Surrender."