Page 146 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2250

Maybe it's just that Uncanny won't be back, but he'll still have an Avengers book?

And what characters do Marvel have in a swords and sorcery setting? All that comes to mind is Weirdworld, which flopped last time.

Whatever it is though, Zub will be good at that genre, his Twitter feed shows a love of Dungeons and Dragons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'd hoped this book would resume after the crossover. Once Duggan took over it has consistently been one of my favourite titles every month.
    To be fair, we technically don't know for sure that it won't. He just says that the book is wrapping up as they head into No Surrender...which is true. UNCANNY AVENGERS and U.S.AVENGERS are both ending and merging with the AVENGERS book.

But it doesn't say that the series won't relaunch in 5 months after "No Surrender" ends. It just says that the current run is wrapping up.

Context is important here. The message was in reply to this:
    can we get an Uncanny Avengers issue where they play D nD together?
    If UA comes back, Zub's not writing it. We may end up with two double shipping books - adjectiveless and New Avengers.

I'd rather it relaunch than lose it altogether, felt like it was heading into another chapter not ending. but i don't doubt that there could've been a change of plans At least that was what the set up felt like.

The shake-up seems like it's affecting all the titles, then, if Zub's off.

Yeah. I was expecting Zub to remain on Uncanny because his run started so recently. Ewing's been on Avengers for four years and Waid for two. Now it looks like all three are out of here.

And yeah, the EIC changeover could certainly have altered plans. Revamping Avengers is probably the new EIC's first order of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. I was expecting Zub to remain on Uncanny because his run started so recently. Ewing's been on Avengers for four years and Waid for two. Now it looks like all three are out of here.

And yeah, the EIC changeover could certainly have altered plans. Revamping Avengers is probably the new EIC's first order of business.
    Yep, sadly. :/ This is sort of what No Surrender was heading towards with a climb toward more classic line-ups but its still weird to cancel one of line's most consistently selling titles.

This if the title is really cancelled, but it wouldn't be the first time Marvel buried a well-selling title for the sake of change. is still salty about New X-Men

If you follow this title, then you know that the team has no official recognition from the official Avengers and are only squatting in the Avengers Mansion. They are only held together by Rogue's will, so if she decides to leave then there will be no more team.

Actually... Cap disbanded them, true, but that was Hydra Cap, remember, and just before they got trapped under the Darkforce dome, Rogue mentioned the team were official again... obviously Falcon (who was still the other Captain America at the time) said off panel that they could stay together as long as they could fund themselves (presumably Wasp took over that responsibility, they didn't know about Torch's windfall yet and Deadpool was gone). We already know that they'll hand the mansion over to Falcon's team, as Nadia and Jarvis were seen in it in Legacy #1, that scene being set between Worlds Collide and No Surrender.

BANNED

I'll be very sad if it truly is the end of the Uncanny Avengers. It's consistently been one of my fav titles with beautiful art and some great character moments. It'd be a shame to finish with Issue #30 when there's so much more that could be done with the characters. If it ends, I'd hope that Zub would get another big book because his work with the UA has been brilliant.

Uncanny Avengers potentially ending also has huge ramifications for the characters. Will Rogue still be an Avenger? Does this mean Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver & Wasp will be in the core Avengers team? Where will Wonder Man & Beast go so soon after being brought in- a new West Coast Avengers? Doctor Voodoo would be without a book, and we mightn't ever see Synapse again. I'd hope that the end of the run just means the end of this chapter before No Surrender, and it might evolve into something else afterwards, but I'm prepared to be devastated. It wouldn't be the first (or the last) time Marvel has dropped a good book.

As for the sword & sorcery plans, he did mention something with Sif and the Warriors Three on Tumblr recently. Perhaps that project will become a reality? http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/167609...know-its-weird

Alternatively, I wouldn't say no to a Midnight Sons book, or something with Black Knight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    If you follow this title, then you know that the team has no official recognition from the official Avengers and are only squatting in the Avengers Mansion. They are only held together by Rogue's will, so if she decides to leave then there will be no more team.
    Do the Avengers really have an official governing body, though? Most of the teams are broke or barely scraping by, Tony is MIA, Thor's off world and Cap's a hard traveling hero

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Actually... Cap disbanded them, true, but that was Hydra Cap, remember.
    Exactly, which is why I wish they would stop having the characters say "we have no Avengers charter", etc. Rogers' disbanding of the Unity Squad is invalid--he was a Hydra mole. Any orders he gave are automatically invalidated once he is exposed. That is something that should have been directly acknowledged in the book once "Secret Empire" began--"Steve disbanded us because he wanted us out of the way! Well, screw that!"

And even leaving aside the fact that Hydra-Cap's authority was invalidated once he was exposed, Jan is a founder--she has just as much right as Cap to grant them "official" Avengers status. So the Unity Squad should be considered just as "official" an Avengers team at the moment as Waid's group.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if "sword and sorcery" pertains to what the story will be about?
    Sounds a whole lot like Excalibur?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    According to Hank Pym's Mighty Avengers, they do have official recognition since (last time I checked) Jan is a founding Avenger and a team is official as long as it has the backing of a founder.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Sounds a whole lot like Excalibur?
    Don't get my hopes up!

Excalibur is ALREADY coming back... albeit temporarily. X-Men Gold Annual, out in January. Half the Gold team are from Excalibur.